The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:37 PM
Reaction score
She is refreshingly frank about the realities that await us all.
Might as well have a bit of a laff before it becomes all too grim!
OK, I'll add incontinence pads to my supermarket shopping list - in anticipation of what's to come. Oh, and a rubber seat cover for the grenadier

IGL

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:37 PM
Reaction score
Hi Jean,
when we picked up our Gren we were told that this is Ineos' solution, two cutouts in the outer gasket, in our case made by Ineos and not the dealer.
What do the outer gaskets look like on the MY24?

Attachments

• 20240321_111451.jpg
    20240321_111451.jpg
    787.1 KB · Views: 85
Reactions: PBD

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
wow - amazing photos and trip. tks posting

Reactions: PBD

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
4:37 PM
Reaction score
Ref - the door gaskets, look in the wet feet thread. I had interaction with my dealer yesterday and there is a IA bulletin apparently.

I have previously been shown the gaskets from a 24 model by the dealer and the gasket was made of much softer rubber and had two factory cut holes in the bottom of the seal !!

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Ref - the door gaskets, look in the wet feet thread. I had interaction with my dealer yesterday and there is a IA bulletin apparently.

I have previously been shown the gaskets from a 24 model by the dealer and the gasket was made of much softer rubber and had two factory cut holes in the bottom of the seal !!
my wet feet option disappeared totally, not sure why. parking in same place, same weather - will tell agent not to touch when it goes in next month

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
my wet feet option disappeared totally, not sure why. parking in same place, same weather - will tell agent not to touch when it goes in next month

I have had the same experience, I went away for three weeks and wondered when I opened the door what I was going to find. I had been told it had rained here none stop.

Opened the door to the Grenny and….nothing.

I put it down to it still actually draining away over time if left.

Nicolaas

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
On the 6th of this month I finally took delivery of my Grenadier. The adventure begins!

Taking Delivery 2024-03-06.jpegTaking Delivery with Wife 2024-03-06.jpeg

Two weekends later I introduced this beast to nature. Went for a scenic drive in the Limpopo province of South Africa in the Polokwane area, basically my back yard. I ascended and descended these granite rocks with my old Defender 110 in the past as well with equal ease, but now it is like upgrading from economy class seating to first class seating.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-17 at 16.15.51.jpegWhatsApp Image 2024-03-17 at 16.15.50 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-17 at 16.15.50.jpegWhatsApp Image 2024-03-17 at 16.15.47.jpeg

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
TRANSFER CASE CABLES
I have a solution to properly secure my transfer case cables (issue identified by @Logsplitter). At this time it is not publicly available and it is not INEOS approved.

It is however a fine piece of engineering, made from aluminium and it does not rely on the tree style plastic plug to hold it in place. I have not installed mine yet.

(Screws and bolts not shown).

View attachment 7849081
View attachment 7849082
View attachment 7849083
Please let me know how I can get one of these. I’m planning a cable reroute and that would be the time to swap this in!

NoMoTaco

Global Grenadier 0742
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
TRANSFER CASE CABLES
I have a solution to properly secure my transfer case cables (issue identified by @Logsplitter). At this time it is not publicly available and it is not INEOS approved.

It is however a fine piece of engineering, made from aluminium and it does not rely on the tree style plastic plug to hold it in place. I have not installed mine yet.

(Screws and bolts not shown).

View attachment 7849081
View attachment 7849082
View attachment 7849083
Is this something that you made, or was made for you?
I am certainly interested in finding out how these might be obtained stateside.

bbq4133

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Brought it into the dealer, AC is leaking and they need to replace a tube. Kind of a relief but still a pain in the ass.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Brought it into the dealer, AC is leaking and they need to replace a tube. Kind of a relief but still a pain in the ass.
How did you check for the leak?

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:37 AM
Reaction score
Is this something that you made, or was made for you?
I am certainly interested in finding out how these might be obtained stateside.
They were made by a secondary manufacturer familiar with the Grenadier. It was made in Australia but not on sale as yet because it is not INEOS approved. Not sure it will go on sale to individuals, I managed to talk my way into a set. No promises but maybe a Group buy is possible.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I did not do that today, but two days ago, but I'll post today ...
On Monday I posted some pictures of my self made rear door table, see here.
On Tuesday I used some old paint that I needed 9 years ago to paint a self-made wooden cupboard, and used the remains of the paint to paint the underside of the table:
20240319_162846.jpg

Seems like the color really is the same as the inside trims of the Grenadier. :)

Last edited:

NoMoTaco

Global Grenadier 0742
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
They were made by a secondary manufacturer familiar with the Grenadier. It was made in Australia but not on sale as yet because it is not INEOS approved. Not sure it will go on sale to individuals, I managed to talk my way into a set. No promises but maybe a Group buy is possible.
If this becomes a possibility, I would be happy to be the point person responsible for getting and sending them to those who want them in the US.

bbq4133

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Dealer recharged and it became apparent.

@Krabby to add to this, I thought it had a leak because it was dripping in the passenger side footwell, the interior fogged up and the AC did nothing to stop it, and last week I turned on AC and it did nothing except push slightly unwarm air.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
WARNING: newer models of the Kings 160W solar panel are now rated at 23.37 volts exceeding the specs of the CTEK250SE (the older panel I used was rated at 22.87 volts).

ROOF RACK SOLAR PANEL INSTALLED

I installed the 160W solar panel on the roof rack today. Thanks to @douggie for suggesting the Kings 160W panel, it mates well with the CTEK 250SE. Remember there are restrictions on what panels can be connected to the CTEK 250SE (read here). In short, maximum open circuit value of 23 volts for the solar panel.

Expedition HQ mated the CTEK 250SE with the CTEK 120S on Wednesday, as well as running an Anderson plug up the B pillar to the front passenger power socket. I just had to install the panel on the roof rack and plug it in.

Here is a photo of the solar panel installed, with a bonus image of the other view from the balcony (the view is about twice as broad as what you see).

IMG_8874.jpg
IMG_8882.jpg

Last edited:

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Noice!! "looks the goods" for serious visitation to far flung places!
Are the antennas on the bull bar both for UHF CB or is the one on the driver's side for mobile phone?
If they're both for the UHF radio , how do you switch between?

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Noice!! "looks the goods" for serious visitation to far flung places!
Are the antennas on the bull bar both for UHF CB or is the one on the driver's side for mobile phone?
If they're both for the UHF radio , how do you switch between?
I have 2 UHF units, so one antenna for each. As I often travel alone I have two for safety reasons. That way I can have one on scan and the other on a specific channel (mostly 40). I installed the second after a near miss from a long wide load, where the pilots did a poor job of warning traffic. Precise details here.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom