The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Well it's been fun.

Local time
1:08 AM
Reaction score
welcome back, brother !

Hope you spent some of your time away learning German

cause yer gonna need it !

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:08 PM
Reaction score
welcome back, brother !

Hope you spent some of your time away learning German

cause yer gonna need it !
I studied German, French, Indonesian and Latin at school..........so long ago.
I work for a Swiss company here they speak German and 15 different varieties of Swiss German.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:08 AM
Reaction score
I studied German, French, Indonesian and Latin at school..........so long ago.
I work for a Swiss company here they speak German and 15 different varieties of Swiss German.
Sehr beeindruckend! - I speak one basic Australian taught version of German. Went to Octfest over in Germany a while ago and some Bavarian dialect trio were talking to me, and I understood about every 4th word!!! I was very happy.

WELCOME BACK DAVEB!

Local time
6:08 AM
Reaction score
Well if DaveB is back and it does look like he is, then I am glad. Missed his comments and sense of humour. Also it’s always good to have an enthusiast who has been here from the beginning.

I just saw that someone gave my previous post in this thread a thumbs down and a sad face. Clearly doesn’t get my sense of humour.
Fear not. I got a thumbs down for a joke about football / soccer. I should have known better than to mess with ⚽ :D

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
7:08 AM
Reaction score
I even have two*).

Am I first now?

*) one came from Shaky ... 😘

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
1:08 AM
Reaction score
I have shaved occasionally
I have been working, travelling and trying to sell my house
Logged on here twice when I received notification of a personal message then logged straight back off.

So you cheated then ! ! 😊 😃 👍 😆

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Sehr beeindruckend! - I speak one basic Australian taught version of German. Went to Octfest over in Germany a while ago and some Bavarian dialect trio were talking to me, and I understood about every 4th word!!! I was very happy.

WELCOME BACK DAVEB!
I try to avoid the Oktoberfest, but if I have to go there I hardly understand more!

Local time
Reaction score
I try to avoid the Oktoberfest, but if I have to go there I hardly understand more!

Would you have to go as in being dragged there or for business ? Found the archers parades rather entertaining, very traditional..

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Would you have to go as in being dragged there or for business ? Found the archers parades rather entertaining, very traditional..
I am invited by business partners more or less every year. I do not like the crowds and the carnivalesque behaviour.
But I really like my business partners from Oberbayern so once in a while I swallow my dislike and join them.
In my opinion there are far better Volksfeste a little away from the tourists.

Back
Top Bottom