The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Well it's been fun.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
4:59 PM
Reaction score
I continue the list ...
  • Dave Bee tells us he is in fact the "left hand" of Sir Jim, therefore his spy
  • Dave Bee tells us he was appointed today as Chief Engineering Officer (CEO - I love abbreviations) of IA (in French IA = Intelligence Artificielle).
And as such IA have issued a gag order.

I'll just miss the jokes.... think we're a couple shy on the other thread about localized clubs...

TD5-90

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
1:59 AM
Reaction score
OT? You should go if you continue to use abbreviations :mad: ;)
Says the Master-OT-"offender" ;-)

I mean: Everything on-topic has already been said, twice and more often, by everybody here.

What else are we supposed to discuss if the nobody-has-received-his vehicle status continues for unlimited time?? IMHO (that's exclusively for Jean ;-) ) the OT stuff in the meanwhile is more inspiring than lengthy debates about details of a vehicle that probably never will be in our hands.

Let's continue to fill the vacuum!!

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
9:59 AM
Reaction score
So Stu does have a naughty corner 😁
Dave will be in that corner furiously scrolling through variously derailed threads for the last snippet of Grenadier knowledge not already in the public sphere!
That is , if his wife hasn't said "get off your bloody phone" 😄

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
So Stu does have a naughty corner 😁
Dave will be in that corner furiously scrolling through variously derailed threads for the last snippet of Grenadier knowledge not already in the public sphere!
That is , if his wife hasn't said "get off your bloody phone" 😄
I do, and I'm in it 9 times out of 10 I assure you.

Wayneos

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have really enjoyed this and it has been fun and informative.
I have noticed that a number of people have started to complain about people going off topic and I am probably one of the worst offenders.
So I have decided to drop off and stop posting for a while.
Enjoy and I will see you again after 8th February
regards
Dave
78woe1.jpg

Mitchell300

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:59 AM
Reaction score
I have really enjoyed this and it has been fun and informative.
I have noticed that a number of people have started to complain about people going off topic and I am probably one of the worst offenders.
So I have decided to drop off and stop posting for a while.
Enjoy and I will see you again after 8th February
regards
Dave
@DaveB don’t let the views of a few folk that don’t even bother to post, unless to complain, keep you away. We all need some diversions from reality to keep us going while we await the IG. I know it’s not a real phrase, but appropriate in the circumstances “Illegitimi non carborundum” ! I’ve been following you Aussies for too long now !
Hopefully hear from you soon.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
He is probably right - everyone is bored and writing shit. Once there are vehicles out there, then the Forum will be lively and interesting!
nailed it Nomad.

it's natural that without our cars we are slowly desending into ever more esoteric analysis, going off piste & dissecting the hairs of an angel on the head of a pin

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:59 PM
Reaction score
We all need time to take a breath and focus on what is important especially if one is working...I have slackened off heaps by being drawn to this exciting space but it is getting so close and when the car arrives I will be like see you when I get back...happy motoring Dave

Nocrays

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
7:59 AM
Reaction score
nailed it Nomad.

it's natural that without our cars we are slowly desending into ever more esoteric analysis, going off piste & dissecting the hairs of an angel on the head of a pin
100%. But it’s interesting and informative.

Since getting onto the forum I’ve made some subtle changes to my config, identified a couple of aftermarket suppliers I didn’t know about and reviewed different aspects of the vehicle I did have information on, all due to the discussions.

Also being global is great to get different perspectives.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
1:59 AM
Reaction score
I've just seen this thread.

The question is, what the topic of the forum is - not only of the threads.

And in my opinion, even though there are sometimes really silly answers, the topic is 'fun' as well. In that sense, it's hard to go off topic at all.

But apparently there are some or is somebody (I don't know) who expects a forum to provide pure, unmixed information according to his/their personal taste. But the one or the ones are wrong imho, as such a forum is by no means made for the particular "requirements" or pleasure of a single person. It's a result of all contributions and if one joins a forum he implicititly agrees with that.

If it is not what he had in mind, he's free to leave - and not vice versus.

And btw: each mail I get from the forum about a new posting contains the content of this posting. So look at it and ignore it if it's not for you.

Asking others to conveniently serve you (the complainer/s) with what you expect is just impertinent.

jm2c.

Last edited:

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
A number of people is NOT the majority Dave. A forum has to be fun also, so going of topic isn't a crime, as long it isn't political or ideological ... that's tricky!
Au contraire, mon frère! Those are some of the spiciest (and sometimes MOST fun!). But, yes, you DO have to walk a thin line.

Dave: God Speed and come back, soon! You'll be missed! Illegitimi non carborundum - (fake Latin phrase, I know, but you can figure out the sentiment)

Back
Top Bottom