The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

VIN (Vehicle Identification Number)

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:57 AM
Reaction score
just received mine... SC6GM1AA3PF001XXX...
Well, that's very very close to my number SC6GM1AAXPF001312 ... and yours is (according to your profile picture) also a Sela Green, and according to your VIN number a Petrol!

[EDITED: I saw you did hide the last numbers of your VIN and did place the color and engine type while I was writing my post :cool: ]

Red pepper

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
9:57 AM
Reaction score
That's quite an early number ~ have you only just asked for it or had it for a while.

Just an after thought but will there be a 666?
Actually, didn't ask before as was expecting the car to arrive, after long wait asked for the VIN number, but still waiting for the car..

BillyBunter

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:57 PM
Reaction score
So I just used the chat function on the website and got my VIN instantly! After scouring this thread and the great deciphering work everyone has done it does seem you are correct re what numbers and letters mean.

SC6GM1ABXPF001xxx Only a few digits over 1000
non-commercial (M1), petrol (A), RHD (B), random number (X) so it all makes sense.

So why do I need to know the VIN now? Any practical use other than belief that my car actually exists in some corporeal form?

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:57 AM
Reaction score
So I just used the chat function on the website and got my VIN instantly! After scouring this thread and the great deciphering work everyone has done it does seem you are correct re what numbers and letters mean.

non-commercial (M1), petrol (A), RHD (B), random number (X) so it all makes sense.

So why do I need to know the VIN now? Any practical use other than belief that my car actually exists in some corporeal form?
having a VIN means it's out of production and awaiting transport I guess

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:57 AM
Reaction score

You will most likely require the VIN if/when you purchase vehicle insurance in anticipation of delivery...

beg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
INEOS just sent my VIN out of the blue. It's a shade under 1200, so I guess been produced for a while (still at Hambach).
Did they send it direct or through your agent

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
received my VIN. my cars awaiting transport apparently.

SC6GN2DB5PF0023XX

Who wants to decipher my build for me

Back
Top Bottom