The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

VIN (Vehicle Identification Number)

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:46 PM
Reaction score
Got my VIN number through having contacted the chat line as suggested on here. SC6GN2DB4PF002---
This for a RHD, Diesel, UK supplied, Donny Grey, SW, 5 seats, windows all round including roof. Every extra bar the winches.
Deposit Oct 21, remaining deposit June 11 22, Contract signed and in production since March.
Gave me a whole new interest in this particular thread. Very interesting and at times entertaining.
Justvasked the live chat for my VIN, no help at all not updates on status, no VIN. Just wondering for thise that have been given VINS are your vehicles confirmed as cleared the hold process? According to my dealer my is finished production but in quality hold process. According to live chat there is no information on status. Orbis it just luck of the draw who you get on the chat line?

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:46 PM
Reaction score
Justvasked the live chat for my VIN, no help at all not updates on status, no VIN. Just wondering for thise that have been given VINS are your vehicles confirmed as cleared the hold process? According to my dealer my is finished production but in quality hold process. According to live chat there is no information on status. Orbis it just luck of the draw who you get on the chat line?
I asked for my vin in the chat some three or four weeks ago. Yesterday they sent me the vin and today the car arrived at th dealership.
Five days ago I wrote a rant mail to Ineos which is not answered by now ( while I have the answers because of the delivery anyway)

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I asked for my VIN 2 weeks ago and received the next day via email.
Then, agent has confirmed my car is produced and awaiting to be loaded onto the next ship (I assume at Zeebrugge) so it must have cleared B&H.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I asked for my VIN 2 weeks ago and received the next day via email.
Then, agent has confirmed my car is produced and awaiting to be loaded onto the next ship (I assume at Zeebrugge) so it must have cleared B&H.
How or "whom" did you ask for your VIN?

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:46 PM
Reaction score
I asked for my vin in the chat some three or four weeks ago. Yesterday they sent me the vin and today the car arrived at th dealership.
Five days ago I wrote a rant mail to Ineos which is not answered by now ( while I have the answers because of the delivery anyway)
Perhaps the car arriving at the dealership was the answer?

Reactions: PBD

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
How or "whom" did you ask for your VIN?
I went onto the website/ Order Your Grenadier/ Pressed the little chat button that pops up right of screen/ entered my details including order number/ ask the question. Initially the chat person (Luke Harvey) said he couldn't access that detail. I replied that someone on this forum had been given the info via chat. Luke emailed me the following day with the VIN. The address on screen to which I replied was: <https://email.bt.com/mail/index-rui.jsp?v=2.27.1#app/mail> Might work if you email that address. You can mention him helping out myself (Phil Kearns)

marko

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I went onto the website/ Order Your Grenadier/ Pressed the little chat button that pops up right of screen/ entered my details including order number/ ask the question. Initially the chat person (Luke Harvey) said he couldn't access that detail. I replied that someone on this forum had been given the info via chat. Luke emailed me the following day with the VIN. The address on screen to which I replied was: <https://email.bt.com/mail/index-rui.jsp?v=2.27.1#app/mail> Might work if you email that address. You can mention him helping out myself (Phil Kearns)
Same process for me though it was Denis I chatted with. They can back separately with my VIN by email a week or so later.

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Are the last numbers of the VIN sequential as the vehicles come off of the production line or different numbers for different countries ?. I have a VIN of just over one thousand one hundred. Just trying to get an idea of when mine may arrive and how many have been produced by now.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My working assumption is that they are pretty much sequential. It may well be allocated pre-production and there may well be batching of numbers according to certain parameters.

The issue right now is that the workflow is not normal and so chassis numbers are not arriving at agents in quite the numerical sequence you would expect if they are being issued sequentially.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Perhaps the car arriving at the dealership was the answer?
I do not dare to believe my email had such an impact 😂

I will of course give it away as a draft for everyone who needs something to believe in…

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Typically vehicles are batched according to colour, to reduce the number of times the paint line needs to completely cleaned out and a new paint colour set into production.
This has been discussed some months ago and someone referred to a manufacturer of modern coating facilities for car manufacturers. They can switch between the colours quite good as there seems to be a cleaning system in the coating device. The loss of colour when changing it is ridiculous low. Far lower than I would have bet (and I had the same assumption as you have last autumn)

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
This has been discussed some months ago and someone referred to a manufacturer of modern coating facilities for car manufacturers. They can switch between the colours quite good as there seems to be a cleaning system in the coating device. The loss of colour when changing it is ridiculous low. Far lower than I would have bet (and I had the same assumption as you have last autumn)

This thread/post?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom