The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

VIN (Vehicle Identification Number)

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:22 AM
Reaction score
Reply from Ineos customer services this morn saying that in reply to my enquiry last week, my vehicle's VIN is not yet produced.

I think their view of 'In Production' is different from mine.

Without any solid feedback month to month I would think that 'In Production' for me would suggest automatic term once a signed contract has been received by them (Apr 2023). Perhaps the next step is request for monies when the actual order is ready for the production line.

Beginning to think I should sort out my D4's manifolds and get that back in working condition incase needed for the rest of the year. But loathe to spend £1500-1800 on a car that I will eventually sell on as soon as the Gren turns up.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:22 PM
Reaction score
Bump - now that more trucks are out there, have we decoded the VINs? I ask mainly out of curiosity if the Belstaff models are identifiable in the VIN.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:22 PM
Reaction score
Reply from Ineos customer services this morn saying that in reply to my enquiry last week, my vehicle's VIN is not yet produced.

I think their view of 'In Production' is different from mine.

Without any solid feedback month to month I would think that 'In Production' for me would suggest automatic term once a signed contract has been received by them (Apr 2023). Perhaps the next step is request for monies when the actual order is ready for the production line.

Beginning to think I should sort out my D4's manifolds and get that back in working condition incase needed for the rest of the year. But loathe to spend £1500-1800 on a car that I will eventually sell on as soon as the Gren turns up.
I suspect the Ineos definition of "in production" might mean that the VIN has been allocated to a vehicle which may be slated for production! They ask for the money when the vehicle is "in country" prior to delivery to dealer. Under the terms of their contract, the money needs to be cleared 2 days prior to you taking delivery.
Mine is in the low 2000 series and I was told it has arrived and is in "bond" on the dock in Brisbane waiting for customs/quarantine/Australian Design Rule clearance...(indicator lamps?). Others here have a VIN which is below 1000 and their vehicles also have only recently arrived on the east coast of "Down-under Land". So if your VIN is below 2000, I would suggest it may have been manufactured already...

alvan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:22 AM
Reaction score
I suspect the Ineos definition of "in production" might mean that the VIN has been allocated to a vehicle which may be slated for production! They ask for the money when the vehicle is "in country" prior to delivery to dealer. Under the terms of their contract, the money needs to be cleared 2 days prior to you taking delivery.
Mine is in the low 2000 series and I was told it has arrived and is in "bond" on the dock in Brisbane waiting for customs/quarantine/Australian Design Rule clearance...(indicator lamps?). Others here have a VIN which is below 1000 and their vehicles also have only recently arrived on the east coast of "Down-under Land". So if your VIN is below 2000, I would suggest it may have been manufactured already...
Actually, my car is at the dealer (he sent me a video), I have the VIN since a couple of months, I expecting delivering in a week (due to registration procedure), but still nobody asks me any money. Maybe in a couple of days?

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It is a shame to see the lack of efficiency that exists with the Ineos accounting systems. I am one of many who have owned my vehicle for several weeks and yet, the website tells me it is 'In Transit'. I also found out my VIN courtesy of someone on here before I was asked for any payments other than my initial deposit. When your vehicle arrives and you are driving it, this all pales into insignificant. I am strongly hoping that the support structure is more organised.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I also asked will my car have the coming software update - 'yes it should do'.

Shall not hold my breath. Probably more like Jardines will do it as cannot see them getting it for a few weeks themselves.
Then about 2 weeks to PDI as they are PDI'ing around 2 cars per day and have quite a few 20/30 or something with them.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:22 PM
Reaction score
As a fun bump to this thread, I found this poster today while cleaning out my garage. This used to hang by my dad’s office (he ran the service department of a BMW dealership and happens to be named Vincent).

Attachments

• Scan Jun 27, 2023 at 13.12.jpeg
    Scan Jun 27, 2023 at 13.12.jpeg
    147.7 KB · Views: 33

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Climbing slowly ~ did you notice any "improvements"?

nzmark

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:22 PM
Reaction score
VIN: SC6GM1AB5PF001xxx
Trialmaster
Petrol
5-Seats
Safari windows
Ordered 19 May 2022
Delivered to New Zealand

When I log in to the Ineos website, my car is "in production" however I picked it up on 29 June 2023. I wonder if I might get a second one once it comes out of "production"?!?

The only reason I knew that it was in the country, was I received the invoice from Ineos asking for payment. I called the dealer to enquire whether it was 2 days, 2 weeks or 2 months away and was told "I'm looking at it, mate". I wonder if I would still be waiting to hear from the dealer had I not contacted them??

Apparently, I am eligible for a Belstaff jacket (according to an eMail I received - a nice surprise because I didn't realise this was part of the "deal"), however I have never received the "second" eMail with the "unique code" in it.

I'm thrilled with my car, however very disappointed in the lack of communication from Ineos and the dealer. That being said, the service manager at the dealership is brilliant.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
VIN: SC6GM1AB5PF001xxx
Trialmaster
Petrol
5-Seats
Safari windows
Ordered 19 May 2022
Delivered to New Zealand

When I log in to the Ineos website, my car is "in production" however I picked it up on 29 June 2023. I wonder if I might get a second one once it comes out of "production"?!?

The only reason I knew that it was in the country, was I received the invoice from Ineos asking for payment. I called the dealer to enquire whether it was 2 days, 2 weeks or 2 months away and was told "I'm looking at it, mate". I wonder if I would still be waiting to hear from the dealer had I not contacted them??

Apparently, I am eligible for a Belstaff jacket (according to an eMail I received - a nice surprise because I didn't realise this was part of the "deal"), however I have never received the "second" eMail with the "unique code" in it.

I'm thrilled with my car, however very disappointed in the lack of communication from Ineos and the dealer. That being said, the service manager at the dealership is brilliant.
suggest you send an email to ineos@orbgrouplondon.zendesk.com&subject=Belstaff Jacket-Support Request
quoting your 7 figure order number with the prefix TM. e.g TMxxxxxxx and your full VIN number, explaining the second email hasn't arrived...;):rolleyes:

Nguni

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Just received and invoice and the VIN number is SC6GM1DB6PFXXXXXX

Ineos ask to make payment as soon as possible or within 2 days of notification from the dealer but cant make any other commitment other than soon

The dealer has no current information so i guess i will wait for the dealer to call when it arrives - a timeline or even an estimate would have helped

I guess its a new world for Ineos and the dealers too

By all accounts so far the car has met and exceeded expectations

We shall see ....

Anybody else been through the purchase / collection phase that have some suggestions or how it happens ?

Mike

East Coast NSW

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just received and invoice and the VIN number is SC6GM1DB6PFXXXXXX

Ineos ask to make payment as soon as possible or within 2 days of notification from the dealer but cant make any other commitment other than soon

The dealer has no current information so i guess i will wait for the dealer to call when it arrives - a timeline or even an estimate would have helped

I guess its a new world for Ineos and the dealers too

By all accounts so far the car has met and exceeded expectations

We shall see ....

Anybody else been through the purchase / collection phase that have some suggestions or how it happens ?

Mike

East Coast NSW
The "fine print" on the contract requires the funds to be cleared two days prior to handover from the dealer.
About 10 days prior to me taking delivery, the dealer contacted me to say the vehicle had arrived in Brisbane, that it was "in bond" awaiting the "ADR Cat6" side indicator update. I waited a couple of days and then signed over the funds to Ineos Australia.
I also emailed the dealer with the funds transfer details including the "E-receipt" from (my) bank's online transfer confirmation. The dealer promptly forwarded this to Ineos Australia and a day later I got confirmation from the dealer that Ineos Australia had received the funds and that the vehicle was due at the dealer the following day ! (this may have been coincidence). I took delivery a few days later.
Hope this helps!;)

Nguni

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
The "fine print" on the contract requires the funds to be cleared two days prior to handover from the dealer.
About 10 days prior to me taking delivery, the dealer contacted me to say the vehicle had arrived in Brisbane, that it was "in bond" awaiting the "ADR Cat6" side indicator update. I waited a couple of days and then signed over the funds to Ineos Australia.
I also emailed the dealer with the funds transfer details including the "E-receipt" from (my) bank's online transfer confirmation. The dealer promptly forwarded this to Ineos Australia and a day later I got confirmation from the dealer that Ineos Australia had received the funds and that the vehicle was due at the dealer the following day ! (this may have been coincidence). I took delivery a few days later.
Hope this helps!;)
Thanks that was helpful - prospective buyers have waited for a long time with no approx indication of when they could expect delivery - it would be a very unfair if they were away traveling and they missed the delivery

Back
Top Bottom