The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Vehicle accessories - removable winch

cheswick

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:29 PM
Reaction score
I’m just wondering if anyone has more details on the removable winch accessory. Some questions I have are:
  • is there a specific stow point inside the vehicle for it?
  • is it an existing winch model, if so what is it?

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:29 PM
Reaction score
There's some information In this thread:

Local time
9:29 AM
Reaction score
Iâm just wondering if anyone has more details on the removable winch accessory. Some questions I have are:
I can't see it being stored anywhere but the rear cargo floor. Should be well secured.

Outside, you might be able to leave it in the rear receiver hitch if you don't want ito carry it on the front.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have ordered the front mounted tow hitch as below.
I assume the lever is to turn the power on for the removable winch???
Anyone know anymore?

1668024250263.png

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have ordered the front mounted tow hitch as below.
I assume the lever is to turn the power on for the removable winch???
Anyone know anymore?

View attachment 7795699
That is exactly my idea. Unfortunately, I cannot order this front mounted tow hitch in Germany, as it is not approved in Germany.
Unfortunately, I can't say anything about the lever.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The lever looks like the manual freespool lever for the integrated winch that's been left in a rendered photo by mistake.

It's possible but hard to see that both the winch and the tow hitch can be in place at the same time.

Local time
Reaction score
Hope. this helps looking for image of the actual Red winch thats fitted
REDW cradle2.jpgREDW cradle1.jpgREDW cradle1.jpgREDW cradle2.jpg

Local time
Reaction score
Iâm just wondering if anyone has more details on the removable winch accessory. Some questions I have are:
Likewise. Ineos referred me to my local agent, he bounced me back to Ineos. I asked Ineos about the rear winch, they replied with details of the front winch. The contact email seems not to work. Here is what I asked:

Please let me know how the detachable rear winch attaches to my ordered vehicle bearing in mind that i have ordered a towbar.

Please also give details of the winch such as weight, rope length, winding speed. What is the cost of adding this to my Belstaff Trial version?.

How can the removable winch be secured inside the vehicle? For safety’s sake it would be important to be able to secure it.

Thanks.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Likewise. Ineos referred me to my local agent, he bounced me back to Ineos. I asked Ineos about the rear winch, they replied with details of the front winch. The contact email seems not to work. Here is what I asked:

Please let me know how the detachable rear winch attaches to my ordered vehicle bearing in mind that i have ordered a towbar.

Please also give details of the winch such as weight, rope length, winding speed. What is the cost of adding this to my Belstaff Trial version?.

How can the removable winch be secured inside the vehicle? For safety’s sake it would be important to be able to secure it.

Thanks.
Towbar is standard on the vehicle and to add the detachable rear winch on the Trialmaster version you just have to tick the box.
That gives you the front winch and the rear winch and shows you the price
That doesn't answer your other questions but my local dealer answered those for me two days ago but sorry I forgot
1671224536461.png

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Depends on what market you are as to which type of towing point you get.

If you have "ordered" the towbar (as in it's not standard equipment), then I'd assume that you are getting a simple Euro spec version looking like this:
first-contact-we-got-hands-on-with-the-ineos-grenadier-p1-and-p2_4.jpg

And not like this:
Screenshot_20220608_232122.jpg
I'll leave you to decide how easy it is to mount the detachable winch with either setup.

What is the cost of adding this to my Belstaff Trial version?.
Just the standard cost the winch itself as detailed in the configurator.

However, you need to power it, so you'll either have the high load auxiliary switch panel and electrical preparation (standard with UK Trialmaster but may be different in other markets), need to add it, or consider your own arrangements to power it.
No details seem available yet, but there has been talk from Ineos personnel at events, that they are working on a method or securing it in the rear. Perhaps using the interior utility belt.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
No details seem available yet, but there has been talk from Ineos personnel at events, that they are working on a method or securing it in the rear. Perhaps using the interior utility belt.
I have a very good back , but looking at the distance it will have to be lifted up and over the rear bumper makes my disc twinge!
How are we all with round backed lifting?

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have a very good back , but looking at the distance it will have to be lifted up and over the rear bumper makes my disc twinge!
That's why I didn't order it.
I think it is 30-35kg and very awkward
It would be a two person lift to get it onto the hitch and then it would take up so much space in the back it wouldn't be worth it.
If you think you are going to need to winch backwards that mu8ch then maybe this isn't the right option for you

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
bend ze knees!

or use another winch - to keep from being irrelevant

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Depends on what market you are as to which type of towing point you get.

If you have "ordered" the towbar (as in it's not standard equipment), then I'd assume that you are getting a simple Euro spec version looking like this:
View attachment 7797997

And not like this:
View attachment 7797998
I'll leave you to decide how easy it is to mount the detachable winch with either setup.

Just the standard cost the winch itself as detailed in the configurator.

However, you need to power it, so you'll either have the high load auxiliary switch panel and electrical preparation (standard with UK Trialmaster but may be different in other markets), need to add it, or consider your own arrangements to power it.

Hi DCPU. is that NAS. Tow hitch legal in the U.K. great solution for me if it is 🤔

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
bend ze knees!

or use another winch - to keep from being irrelevant
Any male could lift it but to place it in the loadspace requires some spinal risk. The last thing a chap needs when remote is a prolapse of any sort!

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi DCPU. is that NAS. Tow hitch legal in the U.K. great solution for me if it is 🤔
Well it's not being offered in the UK, at least not directly from Ineos.

There might be different legislation applicable to N1 variants that's not applicable to M1 variants, that may make it legal. I've not had reason to check for a number of years, so if anyone is going to do it, they must check for themselves.

Screenshot_20221217_131349.jpg

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Well it's not being offered in the UK, at least not directly from Ineos.

There might be different legislation applicable to N1 variants that's not applicable to M1 variants, that may make it legal. I've not had reason to check for a number of years, so if anyone is going to do it, they must check for themselves.

View attachment 7798053
Thanks for that. I’ll do my research. A receiver hitch solution would suit me fine.

Back
Top Bottom