The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Vanity License Plates

bmore_burnsy

Reservation Holder
Local time
4:53 AM
Reaction score
I never saw the appeal of vanity license plates before, but now I am (slightly shamefully) tempted to snag a Grenadier-themed plate for my future rig. Is anyone else struggling with this moral dilemma? :ROFLMAO: GRENNY and GRENADR are the two that come to mind. Curious to hear others' views on the subject and any contemplated plates!

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’m 100% for them. I usually have something specific to what I’m driving. Like the Grenadier itself, it helps make the vehicle stand out some. For example I had a G4 Discovery with the plate GR8 PMKN. I will get personalized plates for my IG. Not sure what though.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
All my Land Rovers have the letters LR (every enthusiastic Land Rover driver in Germany uses these abbreviations), followed by a number that increases by 1 for each vehicle. For the Grenadier, I reserved the letter combination IG, which I find more appealing than IA.

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:53 AM
Reaction score
I never saw the appeal of vanity license plates before, but now I am (slightly shamefully) tempted to snag a Grenadier-themed plate for my future rig. Is anyone else struggling with this moral dilemma? :ROFLMAO: GRENNY and GRENADR are the two that come to mind. Curious to hear others' views on the subject and any contemplated plates!
Now I just need the Grenadier to put it on:
20230114_115536.jpg

Pipm4000

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:53 AM
Reaction score
I have a private plate with my surname on - I love it - had it for 20 years and will put on the Grenadier

CB

Reservation Holder
Local time
3:53 AM
Reaction score
1602104486028.png

Local time
1:53 AM
Reaction score
For some reason, all of our license plates are vanity beginning with the same letter. Started with one vehicle and became an addiction after that. The same will be true for the Grenadier.

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:53 PM
Reaction score
I only have standard issue plates on my other cars and a period correct license plate for the Alfa but am also toying with putting something more meaningful on the Grenadier.

I have a few basic rules though when it comes to choosing a plate.
1. Don’t make a plate that identifies what the car is. That’s the job of the manufacturer so why pay extra to duplicate the model badging somehow.
2. Don’t put your name or initials or similar on your plate or it’ll be like those dorky T-shirts kids would wear in the 70s with their name on it. And god forbid you do something like “SUE69”. Do these people really like advertising their name AND age everywhere? …or maybe it’s her favourite position? I don’t know.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Vanity plates in NJ are super cheap too - the most expensive ones are $200.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:53 AM
Reaction score
I looked at GRENADR but decided too much money!

Back
Top Bottom