The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

*UPDATE* NOT FIXED: Turn Indicator and Lane Departure Warning Sounds

Jackattack13

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:38 AM
Reaction score
Couldn't find a solid thread regarding these issues, just a few comments here and there. Starting a thread in case anyone else comes across this issue and what the fix is from the dealer if any on my end.

Easiest way to describe my issue is fluctuating turn indicator sounds. From high pitched, to low hums, to normal, then to ear piercing screeching, to blown out speaker sounding. Literally sounds like I am trying to send a fax in 1993. Also, my lane departure noise just sounds like a blown out speaker, garbled and harsh on the ears. Turning up the radio doesn't fix it as it comes out pretty loud. Told the dealer about it (Mossy San Diego) but they haven't figured a fix yet. Will update post as I go along this adventure.

Picked up car last week. Not sure of current SW build. The dealer had no idea of any software updates minus the tow hitch update.

UncleBuck

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
12:38 PM
Reaction score
Just as a data point. I have had my truck about 4 weeks. I do not have any of these distorted sounds from my system.

Jackattack13

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Update: Dropped off my truck at Mossy San Diego yesterday afternoon. After a ton of time behind the wheel this weekend, a few other issues have popped up. (All electrical), AEB Failure, Speed Assist Unavailable warning (Stayed on for over an hour). Random "Toot" horn going off while on the trail. Actually thought that was funny, almost like she was cheering herself on. LOL. Also, got home turned off the truck, locked her and noticed the head unit stayed on and would not shut off. Got in, restarted the car, let it boot up. Shut down. And it remained on. I had no energy to troubleshoot so let it be as it was going to the shop the next day. Came out the next morning and it was off.

Hope they get these electrical gremlins sorted. Electrical issues scare the hell out of me and I find can wreak the most havoc with new vehicles.

Local time
12:38 AM
Reaction score
I’ve been experiencing the same indicator noises since shortly after delivery in Australia last October. When I showed a video of it to the Ineos Australia head tech guy in November he had never heard of it before, although there were earlier videos of it on YouTube. It comes and goes. Don’t think it is any indication of risk as the usual “relay” click noise that it is supposed to make is also just an electronically generated sound these days, but it sure is annoying. I was hoping that the software update in January would fix it, but no.

Claude

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:38 PM
Reaction score
I've had my truck now for 10 months and I am happy that this issue is finally addressed in a post. I have this problem/sound since delivery. It most often appears when I start a ride and launch the car or if after a short stop at a pedestrian walkover or a stop, I restard driving. I will bring the subject up at my first inspection that will happen in about two weeks time.

Jackattack13

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Update: Vehicle has been at the dealership for over 2 weeks now. No fix. They stated that they have identified and ordered a module that should fix the problem. I am a bit disappointed in the speed and ability to obtain parts. An electrical module should not take over 2 weeks to troubleshoot and replace.

Jackattack13

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
UPDATE #2: NOT FIXED! I am extremely disappointed to report that the issue was NOT resolved. What is odd is that I picked up the vehicle, drove an hour home, then ran some errands, picked the little one up from school, no issues. Got in the car this morning to drop the little at school, first turn out crazy signal noises. Proceeded to have the issue until returning home.

I am extremely disappointed right now as they had my car for 2.5 weeks and it took 1 day of me driving it to find the issue still remains. Electrical gremlins scare me, as they will haunt a vehicle their entire life, so not even sure I want to keep this particular vehicle at the moment. Been experiencing this issue from Day 1.

Jackattack13

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
UPDATE #3 : Dealer states that Ineos believes they installed a faulty tell tale module. I hope this is the case but I find it hard to believe I have received 2 faulty modules in a row, 1 installed at the factory, and 1 installed at the dealer. The trucks electronics are a mess, I received 2 hard faults yesterday while driving, AEB Not Available and LDW Malfunction in red warnings on my head unit. No lights on the Tell Tale, which seems suspicious to me. So it has now graduated from from Speed Assist Limited Function with Yellow and crazy turn signal sounds to this.

I will give them another chance, but I can honestly say I have no interest in keeping a vehicle with so many electrical gremlins from Day 1. #newmanufacturerproblems

20240416_160614.jpg 20240416_160622.jpg

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Those are ADAS related issues. It sounds like there may be some software or calibration issues causing this, or perhaps an issue with the ADAS camera itself.

At this point, I'm not sure Ineos (and certainly not the dealers) have much process in the way of troubleshooting more complex issues, so they will likely throw parts at it until it works.

jamesfielding

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:38 PM
Reaction score
Morning chaps,
I was told is was to do with a faulty steering column electric module (I'm sure I was told the correct part, but this is what I remember). The dealer I spoke to (Steve - Haliwell Jones) said they've had a few in and replaced it to cure the indicator noises.

simonpa

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Morning chaps,
I was told is was to do with a faulty steering column electric module (I'm sure I was told the correct part, but this is what I remember). The dealer I spoke to (Steve - Haliwell Jones) said they've had a few in and replaced it to cure the indicator noises.
First time for everything ................... earlier today I had the sudden 'change' in indicator sound. All indicators working fine ( I stopped as soon as possible to check ) together with
appropriate left & right green arrows on dashboard but the sound was similar to a metal spring being stretched - very odd !
Will check on next trip and speak to dealer if it persists.

Back
Top Bottom