The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Undocumented Features / Idiosyncrasies

Local time
7:06 AM
Reaction score
@Ingemar answered that question on this forum. I assume he was on the other forum or someone on this forum posted it on the other forum. The answer is yes, the car will go into park if you open the door. Ingemar indicated that on should put the car in neutral and turn off but right away turn the car back on. The car will allow you to stay in neutral and open the car door. I would guess that their is an easier way similar to backing up with your door open. You put car in neutral and open door. The car goes into reverse, shut door and put car in reverse and open door again. That will leave the car in reverse. This is the way for BMW and Land Rovers to drive with door open.
Thank you I just came back here from reading that other thread for the first time.

Didn't see the bit about opening a door.

EDIT watched the vid. See him outside car, car door open, engine running. Operates winch. (y)

Trans in N ?
Park Brake on ?

IDK

Last edited:
Local time
9:06 PM
Reaction score
Having had my Grenadier for a couple of days now, a few quirks have stuck their heads above the parapet.
  1. In normal drive mode, (not offroad), if you try to drive off without a seatbelt on, the vehicle sulks and does not pull away.
  2. The central locking will not lock remotely if the bonnet, (hood), is not properly closed. (Easily corrected by shutting the bonnet correctly. Quirk identified by Chandlers of Belton).
  3. There are two cooling systems and two filler caps; no one can tell me why, (diesel).
I'm sure there will be more.
I was advised by Ineos during a drive in OZ that the 2nd cooling system is for the tranfer-case

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I was advised by Ineos during a drive in OZ that the 2nd cooling system is for the tranfer-case
Did the older Range & Land Rovers have separate cooling systems for the transfer case? Was over heating of the transfer case a big issue? Maybe this secondary cooling system serves other parts as well as the transfer case?

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:06 PM
Reaction score
I thought that was one of the oil to air radiators located behind the wing tips of the front bumper.

The 2nd cooling system is water/coolant rather than oil.

I don't know for certain but believe that the answer to the separate high temperature/low temperature circuits may refer to the warm up function vs normal engine oil cooling, as described here:

Screenshot_20230427_063852.jpg
The low temperature radiator [item 2] also serves a transmission fluid to coolant heat exchanger(automatic transmission only) [item 7 above].

Assuming of course Ineos have adopted the standard BMW systems.

Last edited:

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:06 PM
Reaction score
So I have a question...

On another forum it was mentioned that when the car transmission is in Neutral with motor running, and the drivers door is then opened, the transmission automatically shifts into Park.

Can an final production unit owner confirm this ?

And also if the same happens when in Off Road Mode - or does that mode defeat the everyday safety, similar to the seat belt situation.

Additionally, can the car be started in Neutral without being in the car (by reaching through an open window) and will it stay in Neutral without the parking brake on.

Asking for a friend, was regarding winching scenarios.

Thank you !
It has been confirmed by my dealer yesterday. Door open = automatic in P.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It has been confirmed by my dealer yesterday. Door open = automatic in P.
Its interesting.. what is if door is opened while the vehicle is in motion? May result in interesting effects. there might be situations where its better to get off the vehicle no matter if it stands or in motion.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Who wants to be the first to test that out.? 🤔

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
If there is any brain left in the designers of such concepts, they will have implemented a maximum speed at which this can happen.

Otherwise, the bolt that (at least on my yr. 2000 ZF) locks the car in park position will simply bend or break and severely damage the ZF box. Aside from the question of how the car will then behave if the wheels fully lock immediately.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If there is any brain left in the designers of such concepts, they will have implemented a maximum speed at which this can happen.

Otherwise, the bolt that (at least on my yr. 2000 ZF) locks the car in park position will simply bend or break and severely damage the ZF box. Aside from the question of how the car will then behave if the wheels fully lock immediately.
I am assuming that that will only happen if stationary, for the reasons you suggest it would be disastrous if it did that whilst in motion

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’m sure they have thought of this.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’m sure they have thought of this.
Perhaps - but I d'like to know how exactly the vehicle will react when a door is opened while in motion - and at what speed - anything that is between just rotating wheels to above pedestrian walking speed.

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The rubber floor mats have a feature in the rear whereby the left footwell one has a flap that extends over the transmission tunnel. they’ve designed a lipped bit at the end that allows it to interlock with the separate right hand footwell one..

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Pretty interested to hear from the guys who have received their vehicles how the cover on the rear main door looks on production models. The below was a pic I took today of a PTO2. I reckon every one of the 6 or 7 prototypes I’ve seen has had the plastic on this door/cover pretty much stuffed, all bent out of shape etc.

IMG_3411.jpegIMG_3411.jpeg

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Pretty interested to hear from the guys who have received their vehicles how the cover on the rear main door looks on production models. The below was a pic I took today of a PTO2. I reckon every one of the 6 or 7 prototypes I’ve seen has had the plastic on this door/cover pretty much stuffed, all bent out of shape etc.

View attachment 7809683View attachment 7809683

Reactions: PBD
Back
Top Bottom