The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Unacceptable build quality issues on delivery?

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:58 AM
Reaction score
I am personally fed up of those who are always trying to find fault and publicise it. If you don't like the product shut the F*** Up and go away.
Are you going to be taking your own advice?

This is what my wife fears, a vehicle stranded at the agents waiting for whatever what???

Have to say the buying process is totally shit in the UK. My vehicle has been at Belton for 8 days and no sign of a handover. Remember, the initial contract said delivered by 1 February. Hahahahahahahaha

If I ever get my vehicle I am going to write to the Ombudsman (wife already has made an initial contact). They need a proverbial rocket up their arses.

It's a shit show and we should report it to the Ombudsman. I am extremely disappointed in the whole process. I have bought two cars this year and each was a walk in the park, this is like having your finger nails pulled out over and over again.

My wife has already contacted the Ombudsman, regarding remedies - unfortunately I don't have crystal ball as to remedies (will be case by case). Why would you need to know details?

What is galling is that the vehicle arrived 10 days ago at the agent and all is paid and as yet I have no clue when I can collect it, as it has a fault. Their technicians, have other work to do and may get onto it on Monday or not.

Remember, like many others I was promised a 1st February delivery and it lengthens by the day. Hopefully, the fault is rectified immediately and I collect it next week, but I doubt that. I can honestly say, I would NOT recommend this buying process to anyone until the bugs are ironed out.

OK, I am going to write to the Ombudsman about our situation. It has to be against Trading Standards. I was asked to pay in full last week and no-one knows where the vehicle is - a very bizarre situation.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:58 AM
Reaction score
So any short coming should be kept secret?
No, but repeating someone elses issue, that you haven't seen or experienced yourself, is just gossip.
One person finds the RHD footrest uncomfortable and 200 people post about it. Even people in LHD markets, who haven't even seen a production vehicle yet.
Another person says the footrest is no problem and nobody reposts it.
Some people are having problems, which is terrible, but they also seem to be overall still positive.
Others are going over the car with a microscope and are also finding amazing things, that Ineos have said they will fix.
we have people comparing it to entry level 4wds and others comparing it to AMG63 G wagens.
Feel 100% free to comment and have input on any topic, but make sure it is something you know, not just something you have heard.
Or that you are confident of the source of the information.
Also accept that the vehicle isn't the right choice for the vast majority of people.
Keep in mind that normally we wouldn't see a new vehicle in the flesh until it was launched on the market.
We would never be able to drive a prototype.

Inherently this is a forum for enthusiasts and for people looking for more information or insights.
Not just for people to make uninformed comments

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
How bizarre a personal attack. My post was not about you, you obviously have a dark side needing to get out.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Oh and let's remember your attitude to anyone other than yourself who may have a genuine fault or issue:
Post in thread 'Sick of waiting' https://www.theineosforum.com/threads/sick-of-waiting.12410392/post-1333191891
If this line of post continues, I don't see any benefit of the forum.

I fully admit I was disappointed in the delay of our vehicle, especially when we signed so early. However, since receiving the vehicle I am extremely happy with it unlike yourself, who appears to be continually finding fault with it. Very depressing really.

I think your personal attacks are unnecessary, as my post above was not a finger point at you. But if it makes you happy, please continue as these forums should never resort to personal attacks - please read the Forum rules and play nicely.

Last edited:

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Do we get heads of companies constantly giving "feel good" interviews every 2 months? Of course not, I think we need to face reality, Ineos are selling the product, they are aware of some problems (as per the recent survey) and these will be addressed on new builds and for those fortunate to own a vehicle, will be fixed on the software recall.

I am personally fed up of those who are always trying to find fault and publicise it. If you don't like the product shut the F*** Up and go away.
Sadly, Nomad - there are people who are poison and only see the negative no matter what.

Maxwell

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:58 AM
Reaction score
Do we get heads of companies constantly giving "feel good" interviews every 2 months? Of course not, I think we need to face reality, Ineos are selling the product, they are aware of some problems (as per the recent survey) and these will be addressed on new builds and for those fortunate to own a vehicle, will be fixed on the software recall.

Did you tell me to shut up and go away?

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:58 AM
Reaction score
Personally I like ALL the guys who show faults, based on "pictures" or "experience": mentioning faults is "positive feedback" to:
  • Ineos: it will help them to improve the car, and for sure some of them are watching this forum
  • Us, the users: helping each other to "solve" or even better "avoid" problems.
All those who are searching for errors or features or :mad: undocumented features are helping others. They are heroes.

What I don't like is:
  • I mentioned problems to my dealer (whom represents Ineos in my case) from the very beginning and I don't get answers, and no solutions either (although now they told me I could bring back my car for solving some urgent problems: airco?)
  • I asked information (auxiliary power points and more) and don't get answers: I get them here.
  • I don't like people who criticizes the car without even having seen more than a YouTube video, especially now that there are cars on the roads.
I will continue to mention errors if I find them.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
@Nomad: I think that your behaviour is rather inappropriate. I thought that this is a civilised Forum. Perhaps you should refrain from insulting others in this Forum.
I didn't, but if that is how it was interpreted - you have my apology. In the meantime life goes on.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Personally I like ALL the guys who show faults, based on "pictures" or "experience": mentioning faults is "positive feedback" to:
  • Ineos: it will help them to improve the car, and for sure some of them are watching this forum
  • Us, the users: helping each other to "solve" or even better "avoid" problems.
All those who are searching for errors or features or :mad: undocumented features are helping others. They are heroes.

What I don't like is:
  • I mentioned problems to my dealer (whom represents Ineos in my case) from the very beginning and I don't get answers, and no solutions either (although now they told me I could bring back my car for solving some urgent problems: airco?)
  • I asked information (auxiliary power points and more) and don't get answers: I get them here.
  • I don't like people who criticizes the car without even having seen more than a YouTube video, especially now that there are cars on the roads.
I will continue to mention errors if I find them.
Jean - your content is always constructive and enlightening.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
4:58 PM
Reaction score
Judging by the amount of complaints I'm receiving about this thread it's all getting pretty out of hand.

The below is lifted from here

• Use respect and courtesy when you have a different opinion than other members. People often come to this forum with questions about the Grenadier, they are looking for advice on how to buy, the ordering process and technical specifics. I encourage everyone to participate in the various discussions this creates, there may be several correct answers or maybe no right answer -- only suggestions, and thats ok. Disagreeing with other members is perfectly acceptable as long as you state your opinion or mere conjecture and use a respectful tone in your writing, the experience will be better for everyone if we remember this. If you have an opinion and someone else has the polar opposite then please be tolerant, trying to force someone to see your point of view rarely works face to face and almost never does virtually. As stated earlier the forum language is primarily English, however this may be a second or even third language for some of the members and this must be borne in mind.

• Use good taste when posting and while I don't mind the occasional expletives, please do not use them in a derogatory way toward a member, their vehicle, a brand, or anything else. Slander and racial slurs are not allowed with no exceptions. Deliberate trolling will not be tolerated. Having said that though, you are expected to take a critique of your opinion on the chin and not just complain to the moderators. If you say something pretty silly then you'll probably get called out for it.

To paraphrase the above, if you say something that would get you a punch in the face after a few libations of choice in the Grenadier pub then maybe don't say it, or take it to the private messaging function, ie outside.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom