The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

tyre rotation

ORSO

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:42 PM
Reaction score
hi, when I had the 110 td5 I was used to swapping the wheels (front rear) every 10,000km.

Is it advisable to follow that practice with the grenadier too?

which scheme do you use?
only front / rear inversion or also right / left as per attachment?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-03 alle 14.22.45.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-04-03 alle 14.22.45.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 41
Reactions: PBD

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:42 PM
Reaction score
hi, when I had the 110 td5 I was used to swapping the wheels (front rear) every 10,000km.

Is it advisable to follow that practice with the grenadier too?

which scheme do you use?
only front / rear inversion or also right / left as per attachment?
Good question and I’d be interested to know whether the TPMS sensors have to be reset with a diagnostic tool and could they be reset by the owner or via a Ineos service centre.

Shroomy

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:42 AM
Reaction score
I have always used the 4th option 4WD rotation for my Off-roaders at every oil change which is around 4000-5000 miles. I know some people even rotate the spare into this equation but I never really found the need to change one more tire.

Reactions: PBD

ORSO

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
ok but to perform an x rotation it is necessary to remove the tires from the rim.

therefore the only possibility to avoid dismantling them is to reverse the front and rear

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
4:42 AM
Reaction score
Good question and I’d be interested to know whether the TPMS sensors have to be reset with a diagnostic tool and could they be reset by the owner or via a Ineos service centre.

As I understand it the TPMS sensor is coded to the ‘location’ that it is on. To rotate tyres the sensors have to be re coded after the move. This can’t be done by the owner, it’s an IA thing. (If using IA sensors)

People are buying the Autel unit, cloning the sensor that’s on a particular wheel and then swapping them out for the Autel ones. Then come rotation time they are recoding the sensors to the particular location to make it all work.

It’s an absolute bodge and a mighty faff.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:42 AM
Reaction score
ok but to perform an x rotation it is necessary to remove the tires from the rim.

therefore the only possibility to avoid dismantling them is to reverse the front and rear
Why? the tyres are not directional

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
As I understand it the TPMS sensor is coded to the ‘location’ that it is on. To rotate tyres the sensors have to be re coded after the move. This can’t be done by the owner, it’s an IA thing. (If using IA sensors)

People are buying the Autel unit, cloning the sensor that’s on a particular wheel and then swapping them out for the Autel ones. Then come rotation time they are recoding the sensors to the particular location to make it all work.

It’s an absolute bodge and a mighty faff.
I can see I will find this quite frustrating at some point when I need new tyres or want to rotate them when I’m a long way from any Ineos dealership. We should be able to go to any tyre dealer and get new tyres without then having to go to an Ineos dealership that could be hundreds of miles or possibly thousands to get TPMs sensors re coded. Ineos at least ought to allow the software to re program tyre sensors to be readily available to professional tyre workshops and to owners who have the right OBD2 scanner.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
4:42 AM
Reaction score
I can see I will find this quite frustrating at some point when I need new tyres or want to rotate them when I’m a long way from any Ineos dealership. We should be able to go to any tyre dealer and get new tyres without then having to go to an Ineos dealership that could be hundreds of miles or possibly thousands to get TPMs sensors re coded. Ineos at least ought to allow the software to re program tyre sensors to be readily available to professional tyre workshops and to owners who have the right OBD2 scanner.
You can change a tyre anywhere you like as long as the rim goes back where it was removed from. No need for IA, but it's still a pants setup.

Rotations are going to be a pain for sure.

Michael Brindley

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It said on my service schedule from dealers that tyres had been rotated at service but they didnt do spare so I included spare tpms sorted itself out after about 30 miles.

ORSO

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
so any tire dealer can't reconfigure the wheel position after inversion?

crashnburn

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:42 AM
Reaction score
So, there is a TPMS reset in the Settings menu that needs to be done after changing a spare tire.

TD5-90

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Same here
...and here.
I don't care about the postion of the TPMS sensors. If one is low, I think I can easily find out which one by walking around the car once.

TD5-90

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
So, there is a TPMS reset in the Settings menu that needs to be done after changing a spare tire.
Can't confirm that. It worked without reset, and the reset did not put the respective sensors to the right positions in the display...

ORSO

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Work done

Attachments

• IMG_3618.jpeg
    IMG_3618.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 19
Back
Top Bottom