The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Two visits: Yesterday with Barney at Krah + Enders and today with my wife at LeTech

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
8:31 PM
Reaction score
Yesterday and today were completely dedicated to the Grenadier.

Let's start with the less spectacular part: Yesterday we (my wife and I) met with @Barney at Krah + Enders. It was the first time we saw each other in the flesh, and we had some really entertaining and interesting hours. For all of us, it was the first time that we met another forum member. And I must say, it was a pleasant experience. I am sure, we will see again in the future.

The intent was to shed some light of things we consider interesting. For my wife, a closer look on the color samples was important. And secondly, we (my wife and I) thought about changing the two-colored leather seats to purely black ones. Which we finally did: Ours will be purely black leather. The white inlays of the two-color version remind us a bit of a pimp's car or his leather gaiters ...

This posting is about the Krah + Enders visit. The visit today at LeTech was very exciting, and will be posted later in another thread.

At Krah + Enders I have made some photographs which I will partially comment here. @Barney , you're of course invited to post and comment your pictures here as well, if you like. :)

First of all, when I asked the BMW guys whether it was a PTO3, they replied that it was neither a PTO3 nor any other PTO, but a so-called "display car". Whatever that may mean.

At Krah + Enders the car is located in an own room in the back of the building. No bling, just the car. We had it so to say exclusively for us.

When I entered the room - though I had seen the Grenadier in the metal myself before - it was like seeing her majesty. The pictures can not express this special moment.

WHAT A CAR! :love:

05_20230103_145309.JPG

The car looks quite high. I first thought it had a lift, but it doesn't. My wife correctly found the reason: Without the side steps, the height is just more dominant.

05b_20230103_145318.JPG

Below the windscreen you find a tiny window behind which you find the VIN:

06_20230103_144122.JPG

The sticker on the b-pillar shows the same number:

06_20230103_144233.JPG

The model is a Trialmaster.

08_20230103_144200.JPG

A close up of the tow hitch and the Nato-plug, which I have opened here:

09_20230103_143907.JPG

Another look from behind. The cable-tubes now seem to be fitted correctly without being pinched by the doors.

10_20230103_153000.JPG

I removed the two screws which secure the number-plate holder and opened the cover. According to what @Barney had heard from the BMW guys, the two screws will in the future be replaced by quick release fasteners.

10b_20230103_144538.JPG

Somebody asked whether there is enough room between the windscreen and the backmirror to fit a dashcam. There is plenty of space. I did not check where one could route a cable. But my guess is, that it should basically be possible.

11_20230103_153015.JPG

There is an interesting little hump at the lower end of the windscreen, in the middle of the dashboard. I might be a GPS antenna. But perhaps, somebody else knows better?

12_20230103_153024.JPG

Here you see the two positions of the mounting slots for the restraint hooks of backseat in the SW (left side / rear) and the UTE (right side / front).

13_20230103_153530.JPG

In this "display car", the mounting points for the forward/backward position of the backseat are still accessible. Left side of the photograph is front.

14_20230103_153814.JPG

Same from the top.

15_20230103_153826.JPG

The "ergonomic issue". LHD car, passenger side. To me, it looks smaller than in the earlier versions, what do you think?

18_20230103_154749.JPG

And here is the same thing on the driver side. It's clearly bigger, but in line with the pedals, as someone wrote in the forum.

19_20230103_154818.JPG

The door-sill cover is too small. The paint is already scratched. @Barney has proposed a 3M-tape which has a grinding paper like surface. A good idea. This will be the very first 'diy' operation which I'll carry out.

20_20230103_155304.JPG

This is the latest version of the B57 engine. The two actuators in the middle of the picture are an improvement for the DPF, I was told. Unfortunately there was no technician there to explain their function.

21_20230103_160103.JPG

Finally, we took the Scottish White and the Magic Mushroom color samples outside to the parking area and compared to the white of the BMWs - which is kind af a 'brilliant' white.
I have not post processed the pictures, so feel free to download and make your own color optimization.

The very last picture is likely the best as it was taken with a flash. A flash is the most neutral light source - but of course, with a pocket camera and just outside and not in a studio there is clearly no guarantee for neutral colors.

But the comparison might help a bit.

22_20230103_151519.JPG23_20230103_151530.JPG24_20230103_151545.JPG

Last edited:

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Though the car was in "transport mode", we could play a bit with the radio. The sound is sufficient. Not audiophile, but good volume. We tried a few different views, but in transport mode and without knowing how to operate the GUI, the success was humble.

It was however easy to get to the menu and select different views.

Last edited:

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:31 PM
Reaction score

Let's start with the less spectacular part: Yesterday we (my wife and I) met with @Barney at Krah + Enders. It was the first time we saw each other in the flesh, and we had some really entertaining and interesting hours. For all of us, it was the first time that we met another forum member. And I must say, it was a pleasant experience. I am sure, we will see again in the future.

The intent was to shed some light of things we consider interesting. For my wife, a closer look on the color samples was important. And secondly, we (my wife and I) thought about changing the two-colored leather seats to purely black ones. Which we finally did: Ours will be purely black leather. The white inlays of the two-color version remind us a bit of a pimp's car or his leather gaiters ...

This posting is about the Krah + Endera visit. The visit today at LeTech was very exiting, and will be posted later in another thread.

At Krah + Enders I have made some photographs which I will partially comment here. @Barney , you're of course invited to post and comment your pictures here as well, if you like. :)

First of all, when I asked the BMW guys whether it was a PTO3, they replied that it was neither a PTO3 nor any other PTO, but a so-called "display car". Whatever that may mean.

At Krah + Enders the car is located in an own room in the back of the building. No bling, just the car. We had it so to say exclusively for us.

When I entered the room - though I had seen the Grenadier in the metal myself before - it was like seeing her majesty. The pictures can not express this special moment.

View attachment 7799454

The car looks quite high. I first thought it had a lift, but it doesn't. My wife correctly found the reason: Without the side steps, the height is just more dominant.

View attachment 7799455

View attachment 7799456

View attachment 7799457

View attachment 7799459

View attachment 7799460

Another look from behind. The cable-tubes now seem to be fitted correctly without being pinched by the doors.

View attachment 7799461

I removed the two screws which secure the number-plate holder and opened the cover. According to what @Barney had heard from the BMW guys, the two screws will in the future be replaced by quick release fasteners.

View attachment 7799462

Somebody asked whether there is enough room between the windscreen and the backmirror to fit a dashcam. There is plenty of space. I did not check where one could route a cable. But my guess is, that it should basically be possible.

View attachment 7799463

There is an interesting little hump at the lower end of the windscreen, in the middle of the dashboard. I might be a GPS antenna. But perhaps, somebody else knows better?

View attachment 7799464

Here you see the two positions of the mounting slots for the restraint hooks of backseat in the SW (left side / rear) and the UTE (right side / front).

View attachment 7799465

In this "display car", the mounting points for the forward/backward position of the backseat are still accessible. Left side of the photograph is front.

View attachment 7799466

Same from the top.

View attachment 7799467

The "ergonomic issue". LHD car, passenger side. To me, it looks smaller than in the earlier versions, what do you think?

View attachment 7799468

And here is the same thing on the driver side. It's clearly bigger, but in line with the pedals, as someone wrote in the forum.

View attachment 7799469

The door-sill cover is too small. The paint is already scratched. @Barney has proposed a 3M-tape which has a grinding paper like surface. A good idea. This will be the very first 'diy' operation which I'll carry out.

View attachment 7799470

This is the latest version of the B57 engine. The two actuators in the middle of the picture are an improvement for the DPF, I was told. Unfortunately there was no technician there to explain their function.

View attachment 7799471

Finally, we took the Scottish White and the Magic Mushroom color samples outside to the parking area and compared to the white of the BMWs - which is kind af a 'brilliant' white.
I have not post processed the pictures, so feel free to download and make your own color optimization.

The very last picture is likely the best as it was taken with a flash. A flash is the most neutral light source - but of course, with a pocket camera and just outside and not in a studio there is clearly no guarantee for neutral colors.

View attachment 7799472View attachment 7799473View attachment 7799474
If Krah+Enders is your dealer, why did you still go to Letech?

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:31 AM
Reaction score

This posting is about the Krah + Endera visit. The visit today at LeTech was very exiting, and will be posted later in another thread.

View attachment 7799454

View attachment 7799455

View attachment 7799456

View attachment 7799457

View attachment 7799459

View attachment 7799460

View attachment 7799461

View attachment 7799462

View attachment 7799463

View attachment 7799464

View attachment 7799465

View attachment 7799466

Same from the top.

View attachment 7799467

View attachment 7799468

View attachment 7799469

View attachment 7799470

View attachment 7799471

The footrest humps remain the same but the passenger side floor is raised compared to the side with the pedal box.
This makes the "Hump" look smaller

Great pictures and comments
It is hard to find things that we haven't already seen 100 times.

Greasemonkey

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

View attachment 7799454

View attachment 7799455

View attachment 7799456

View attachment 7799457

View attachment 7799459

View attachment 7799460

View attachment 7799461

View attachment 7799462

View attachment 7799463

View attachment 7799464

View attachment 7799465

View attachment 7799466

Same from the top.

View attachment 7799467

View attachment 7799468

View attachment 7799469

View attachment 7799470

View attachment 7799471

Attachments

• Flux generator.png
    Flux generator.png
    955.7 KB · Views: 104

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:31 PM
Reaction score
Because LeTech has what nobody else in Germany has: a Scottish White car.
Thank you for the comparison photos of the color samples. I'm leaning toward Magic Mushroom, but am also interested in the Scottish White. If it's not *too* bright and more of a cream color, it may work. I'm looking for a compromise between dirt color and reflectivity (for hopefully staying a tiny bit cooler in the summer). It gets 48*C here in the summer, if not for only a day or two.

I'm hoping to see them in person, in the sunlight before I have to decide.

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:31 AM
Reaction score
I believe it is an ambient light sensor, or a sensor for the security system? Same thing on my 2018 Mustang GT, GPS antenna is external.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I believe it is an ambient light sensor, or a sensor for the security system? Same thing on my 2018 Mustang GT, GPS antenna is external.
Agreed. Both my truck and wife’s outback have auto headlights and have basically the same sensor in the sameish place.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
If it's an ambient light sensor, it's helpful for all brightness related things. Monitor brightness, puddle lights, interior illumination and the like.

TD5-90

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
That's why I ordered mine without steps or sliders... poor man's lift kit 🤣
Exactly the same for me ;-) !
I'll wait for LeTech to offer sth better integrated.

beg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:31 PM
Reaction score
Because LeTech has what nobody else in Germany has: a Scottish White car.
Thank you emax for both visit summaries they were very interesting and not just because I've ordered a Scottish white black roof trialmaster :)

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Exactly the same for me ;-) !
I'll wait for LeTech to offer sth better integrated.
@emax - any conversations about aftermarket gear in the works from LeTech for the Gren? I know you mentioned a roof rack but did they suggest anything else might be coming down the road?

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
They will offer a roof rack. In particular there was a mentioning of noise which they consider too much for e.g. the Frontrunner rack. It seems that they take care of such details.

I know that they as well offer drawer systems. So it seems logical to me that there will be versions for the Grenadier as well. But we did not explicitly discuss this question.

There was no other talk as we were only there for well an hour. Just enaough to adore whet I have shown. But I am convinced that it's part of their future strategy to offer for the Grenadier what they already have for the G Wagen.

The Grenadier is the perfect successor to the G Wagen. From my point of view it is likely that they have to extend their portfolio, as the G Wagen is more and more drifting into the absolute luxury segment and will therefore see less and less rough terrain.

They do of course want to monetize the expertise and developments they have achieved so far. So a look into their product offerings might give an idea.

But be aware that all this things are developed and afaik as well produced in Germany and Europe respectively. So the prices will for sure be at the higher end. Which was still good value for the money, I prosume.

Back
Top Bottom