The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Trialmaster - LP6, Bison Gear Molle Panels, Method Wheels.

Local time
1:53 AM
Reaction score
This has been a super fun platform to work on. However, I wanted to stick with the 'bolt-on' stuff for this vehicle because it's one I planned to drive the most (it hasn't disappointed), and sometimes that means getting stuck in a spot where you wish you had more than factory, especially when exploring. The nice thing about these parts (lights, side panels) is I can have them all removed in very little time if I want to mount a roof tent or replace the jerry cans on the molle panels with something else.

- I made some custom brackets to work with the Baja Designs LP6s. They are quite large, so the factory roof rack wasn't going to allow a straight or even drop down bracket. The lights still stick up a bit, but it's way better than the other options.
- Method 707s and Toyo Open Country AT IIIs. A great all-terrain. Quiet. Comfortable. Good in snow or rain should the occasion present itself. Methods because of the bead grip technology. I can easily air down to pretty low PSI and not have to worry nearly as much about losing a bead.
- Bison Gear side molle panels because they're versatile. Currently have x2 2 gallon rotopax cans on the way and x2 rotopax storage solution cans (between these two and the spare tire box, I'm set for external storage for smaller items [gloves, straps, tools, etc.]).
So I've got the light, the space, better capability, and slightly better range. Everything I wanted in a daily driver without going crazy. A winch would be nice though.

Please note - I haven't had the time to start connecting the roof connectors to the actual lights. Tools and parts are here, just need to sit down with my local shop and get them done. Given the auxiliary switches, EXT 2 will turn on one light, and EXT 3 will turn on the other 3 lights. I may try to get it so it's 2 lights per 1 switch. Luckily at 7.5 amp rating on the lights, I should be within the threshold for the switch ratings at 25 amps.

IMG_4934.jpeg
Edit: Spelling. It already has a roof rack I meant rooftop tent.

Last edited:

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:53 AM
Reaction score
Looks great! What size tires?

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Looks very smart buddy. Loving the wheel and tyre combo and the side Molle plates. Makes the vehicle look very purposeful.

shiv.nandak

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I'm loving the wheels, can you confirm the offset is +50? Are the tires in line with the end of the fender flare?

Local time
Reaction score
Looks great! What size tires?
255/80 17. Load range E since these trucks are heavy. The rear spare cubby has maybe a half in of space between the tire and the plastic cubby (it pokes out a bit) compared the factory tire where it sat flush. I also took the inside foam out to get it to sit more 'in'.

Local time
Reaction score
I'm loving the wheels, can you confirm the offset is +50? Are the tires in line with the end of the fender flare?
Yes, they are +50. And I can confirm the tires still tuck up inside the fender flares. They look good and I haven't had any mud or water get thrown onto the truck.

Back
Top Bottom