The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

TrailRax Modular Roof Rack for the Grenadier

TrailRax

Supporting Vendor
Local time
6:01 AM
Reaction score
BF3281E6-3478-4487-B686-FFDFDC930090.png
Hey All,

TrailRax team here, we have a few guys running this account (Adam, Heston, and Jack) will be your main points of contact through our account. We are excited to be a supporting vendor of the Ineos Grenadier Forum!

For those who may not be familiar with TrailRax, We are a premium roof rack and storage solution brand that builds industry leading innovations so that you can explore with confidence. We also have patented designs to help with every aspect of daily life and adventures with your Grenadier! At TrailRax, we are an American made brand; we strive to have everything made within the USA and surprisingly majority of our parts are actually made in our home state, Utah. We are happy to announce that we are working on the Ineos Grenadier line up in 2024. We are hoping to have our main product, our TrailRax Modular Roof Rack, available by Overland Expo West in Flagstaff. Our TrailRax Modular Roof Rack, or TRMR for short, has become an icon in the offroad industry for its low profile, great looks, unbeatable strength, and innovations. We also offer patented product add ons that will increase the functionality of the grenadier that is great for all levels of off-roaders.

We would love to open this forum as a introduction but also a questionnaire for customers interested in adding a roof rack to their Grenadier. We want to ask a few questions! Please answer them below.

• Is there a specific thing you want to accomplish with your roof rack? (mount a specific tent or box, be able to use the grab handles still, and weight load capacity)
  • Are you wanting a full length roof rack? or 3/4? or 1/2?
  • Is wind noise an issue for you on your grenadier?
  • Any other things you want us to take into account as we design a roof rack for the Grenadier?
Front view.jpgIsometric view.jpgSide View.jpg

Last edited:

GPFACTOR

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Local time
8:01 AM
Reaction score
Glad to have you guys here! Looking foward to some awesome roof rack options coming from ya (y) (y)

TrailRax

Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
I think for us with safari windows a 3/4 rack that is low profile and sits on the roof so no wind noise would be great.
This is absolutely do-able for us! Currently the design concept is considering a full length rack with a removable 1/4 front rack. You can opt for just the rear 3/4 rack with a wind deflector or a full rack with the ability to remove the front 1/4 at will.

We have taken into account the Safari windows and plan to make the full length rack compatible with the safari windows while still being low profile!

TrailRax

Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
Looking forward to your design.

I'd like to see a rack that is full length but still has the option to use the Safari windows.
Absolutely. This is something we are working with and are aware of the popularity of the safari windows. That open air experience is awesome, we have that ability with our rack with the Broncos, this is something that will be no compromise for us in the design process so you can have the beautiful usability of the Safari windows with a full length rack.

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Definitely look forward to seeing that.

roadfever

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:01 AM
Reaction score
Low profile would be ideal. The IG barely fits into a standard height garage so anyone that could build a roof rack that was tight enough that it could still fit might get a large selling point. I'd be looking at the 3/4 (or the full with removable front 1/4). I'm guessing everyone's going to be going with a front light bar so room for that would be great. I'll be looking forward to what you guys come up with!

Rupert

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:01 AM
Reaction score
I think for us with safari windows a 3/4 rack that is low profile and sits on the roof so no wind noise would be great.
Ok dreamboat Annie starting to sing. I (we) would like a rack that is low on wind noise at the 3/4 length, easily convertible from bicycles, to canoe, to tent, to gear. Multiple attachments for Rotopax, standard jerry cans mounted vertically and horizontally, shovels, lights, hi lift, maybe some hard bnoxes. One thing I have always wondered is why Mac's Tie Downs are not on the rails of all roof racks. The rails on a rack could be made out of the tracks :

I am super anxious to see what you guys come up with.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
5:01 AM
Reaction score
I will say, take a look at Letech for inspiration. They have a rack that is sealed in front so no wind in between the roof and bottom of rack. Also if you could incorporate lights in back or ability to install lights in back that sits between the roof and rack.

HogRider

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Slots so it can accommodate multiple accessories, jerry cans, boxes, roof top tents, awning on side etc.
Full rack, but adjustable slates, which I believe your system already does.
Is wind noise an issue for you on your grenadier? Yes as low profile as possible to minimize wind noise.

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I will say, take a look at Letech for inspiration. They have a rack that is sealed in front so no wind in between the roof and bottom of rack. Also if you could incorporate lights in back or ability to install lights in back that sits between the roof and rack.
Add Me to this suggestion. If it performs like it looks and functions, it’s a winner

TrailRax

Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
Low profile would be ideal. The IG barely fits into a standard height garage so anyone that could build a roof rack that was tight enough that it could still fit might get a large selling point. I'd be looking at the 3/4 (or the full with removable front 1/4). I'm guessing everyone's going to be going with a front light bar so room for that would be great. I'll be looking forward to what you guys come up with!
Thanks for the feedback! For reference, what is the clearance room you have between your grenadier and the top of your garage opening? Toady's vehicles are getting taller and definitely becoming tougher to fit in the garage. We will do our best to find a good middle ground of low profile but also usable enough with space to work on adding accessories or mounting stuff.

TrailRax

Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
Ok dreamboat Annie starting to sing. I (we) would like a rack that is low on wind noise at the 3/4 length, easily convertible from bicycles, to canoe, to tent, to gear. Multiple attachments for Rotopax, standard jerry cans mounted vertically and horizontally, shovels, lights, hi lift, maybe some hard bnoxes. One thing I have always wondered is why Mac's Tie Downs are not on the rails of all roof racks. The rails on a rack could be made out of the tracks :

I am super anxious to see what you guys come up with.
Good point. From our knowledge, I believe L track (the linked track system you provided) is a machined solution where our TSLOTS and most other 80/20 style racks are actually extruded aluminum. They are different profiles and offer great things in both realms. With this being said, We are already working on a solution like you mentioned for tie downs like that!

TrailRax

Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
Add Me to this suggestion. If it performs like it looks and functions, it’s a winner
Not a problem guys! All stuff we will take into consideration. Wind noise is one of those things that we do our best to not add any wind noise while also trying to decrease it. In some situations with previous designs, we saw less dB in the cab while driving and better MPGs and in other situations we saw no additional wind noise dB and about the same MPGs.

It will honestly come down to weather, wind, and a whole bunch of factors, but let it be known that we are going to do our absolute best to design this Rack to minimize unwanted wind noise and see if we can offer some MPGs at the same time.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback! For reference, what is the clearance room you have between your grenadier and the top of your garage opening? Toady's vehicles are getting taller and definitely becoming tougher to fit in the garage. We will do our best to find a good middle ground of low profile but also usable enough with space to work on adding accessories or mounting stuff.
The biggest hurdle in height wise is under 7 feet. It's my daily driver and garages in PNW is between 6'7" to 7 feet. The average is around 6'9". I can't even get into our airport garage if it's over 6'10. So I guess 6'10 is the max.

TrailRax

Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
The biggest hurdle in height wise is under 7 feet. It's my daily driver and garages in PNW is between 6'7" to 7 feet. The average is around 6'9". I can't even get into our airport garage if it's over 6'10. So I guess 6'10 is the max.
Sorry we do not have a spec sheet, but with that said, how tall are the Grenadiers ranging from?

Local time
1:01 PM
Reaction score
View attachment 7842083
Hey All,

TrailRax team here, we have a few guys running this account (Adam, Heston, and Jack) will be your main points of contact through our account. We are excited to be a supporting vendor of the Ineos Grenadier Forum!

For those who may not be familiar with TrailRax, We are a premium roof rack and storage solution brand that builds industry leading innovations so that you can explore with confidence. We also have patented designs to help with every aspect of daily life and adventures with your Grenadier! At TrailRax, we are an American made brand; we strive to have everything made within the USA and surprisingly majority of our parts are actually made in our home state, Utah. We are happy to announce that we are working on the Ineos Grenadier line up in 2024. We are hoping to have our main product, our TrailRax Modular Roof Rack, available by Overland Expo West in Flagstaff. Our TrailRax Modular Roof Rack, or TRMR for short, has become an icon in the offroad industry for its low profile, great looks, unbeatable strength, and innovations. We also offer patented product add ons that will increase the functionality of the grenadier that is great for all levels of off-roaders.

We would love to open this forum as a introduction but also a questionnaire for customers interested in adding a roof rack to their Grenadier. We want to ask a few questions! Please answer them below.

• Is there a specific thing you want to accomplish with your roof rack? (mount a specific tent or box, be able to use the grab handles still, and weight load capacity)
  • Are you wanting a full length roof rack? or 3/4? or 1/2?
  • Is wind noise an issue for you on your grenadier?
  • Any other things you want us to take into account as we design a roof rack for the Grenadier?

Thanks for taking an interest in the Grenadier!

I recently drove a Grenadier that had Safari windows and a full-length roof rack. The owner had lifted the roof rack by about an inch by putting one-inch aluminum blocks under the rack (in the suspension world, we would call this a "spacer lift"). This allowed the owner to open the Safari windows while the full-length rack was on the vehicle. It worked well in this regard, but the lifted rack created a lot of wind noise. He said he had almost no wind noise when the rack was at its normal height. He has decided to remove the full-length rack and install a 3/4 length rack instead (freeing up the Safari windows), at regular height.

Just some info I thought might be helpful to you as you begin to develop your rack system.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom