The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Trade in process?

Local time
4:16 AM
Reaction score
Hello Grenadier Friends!

I was curious if anyone had any idea about how one would trade in a vehicle when purchasing the Grenadier, as it’s not going through a dealership like we would normally do here in the US. Anyone have any thoughts or insights about this? Thanks in advance!

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
9:16 AM
Reaction score
Thoughts: Perhaps they will found sth. like an "Ineos Automotive Recycling Ltd." or so. The dealership makes some photos, collects the data of your car and later you get an offer from the Ltd  and have to bring in the car.

Just one of many ways to do that.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
1:16 AM
Reaction score
If you are in the USA, Ineos will be going through a dealer network.  I assume the dealer would take your car in as a trade.  

Local time
Reaction score
Thanks all. Very helpful. Can’t wait!!!

d1rty

Reservation Holder
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Second what @ADVAW8S says about the dealership.  And is the US there's always CarMAX, which I generally use to baseline my trade-in value before going to the dealer that I'm purchasing from.  Note that getting the dealer you purchase from to use your vehicle as trade-in at the same value as the CarMAX purchase prices is a win for you because the trade-in value is subtracted from the selling price when calculating sales tax.

Local time
Reaction score
Yes CarMax is definitely a viable option. Thanks!

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If you are in the USA, Ineos will be going through a dealer network. I assume the dealer would take your car in as a trade.
I know from the webinar Ineos anticipates announcing dealers and whatnot, but do any insiders here have any inside information? I’m very curious to see if they attach themselves to one particular brand (eg BMW, MB) or smaller, independent setups (maybe even a chain of non-automotive brands). I know the market is different but it will be interesting if they hook up with we perceive in the States to be luxury brands or more blue collar types.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:16 AM
Reaction score
"Have a vehicle to sell? Explore what it could be worth using our configurator’s part exchange calculator. Then arrange this directly with your local retail partner when the time comes."

When ordering (in the UK), there was a question asked about part exchange and a Web page linked in with Auto trader (if I've remembered correctly). You input your reg or make/model, answered a few questions, and it gave you a range of valuations based on condition.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
So whilst we have all been sick of waiting, I've just received an update email from Motorway on provisional trade in values for my Defender.

It's gone up £3,800. 😲

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So whilst we have all been sick of waiting, I've just received an update email from Motorway on provisional trade in values for my Defender.

It's gone up £3,800. 😲
or in Grenny speak it's gone up 1x integrated winch + NATO hitch

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I do like that thinking. 😁

CB

Reservation Holder
Local time
3:16 AM
Reaction score
I know from the webinar Ineos anticipates announcing dealers and whatnot, but do any insiders here have any inside information? I’m very curious to see if they attach themselves to one particular brand (eg BMW, MB) or smaller, independent setups (maybe even a chain of non-automotive brands). I know the market is different but it will be interesting if they hook up with we perceive in the States to be luxury brands or more blue collar types.
At the event in Tampa FL, I met the owner of a Toyota Dealership (I believe in Massachusetts) who said he was invited to the event by Ineos because he was interested in becoming a dealer.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
At the event in Tampa FL, I met the owner of a Toyota Dealership (I believe in Massachusetts) who said he was invited to the event by Ineos because he was interested in becoming a dealer.
I may have missed the date, but has IA announced when they will be announcing the dealers/partners? May 17th is allegedly the price announcements.

CB

Reservation Holder
Local time
3:16 AM
Reaction score
I recall hearing the dealers and service facilities will be revealed prior to when orders open so we can choose our dealer; which should be in June or July in the US.

m-j

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
I may have missed the date, but has IA announced when they will be announcing the dealers/partners? May 17th is allegedly the price announcements.
Krabby

At San Diego drive event, we were told they would be announced once they are all finalized. With that said, and maybe what I wanted to hear, he also implied that someone was coming to NA to finalize it very soon.

MJ
Edit: Soon as in days

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Krabby

At San Diego drive event, we were told they would be announced once they are all finalized. With that said, and maybe what I wanted to hear, he also implied that someone was coming to NA to finalize it very soon.

MJ
Edit: Soon as in days
That someone has been noted in a different thread on pricing is the CEO and Ratcliff's son. They are in town for finalized of US pricing. Might as well check off the box on dealers plan too.

davidwiz

Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
With carmax, dealer trade-in, you're always going to get the lowest blue book value. If you can stomach it, you'll get more private sale. There was a story in the WSJ back in 2000, when dealers couldn't get enough used cars, a dealer bought some grandmas's VW for about $4k, and re-sold it for $8k within a week, without doing anything to it.

Back
Top Bottom