The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Tow plate for hitch rack

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:25 AM
Reaction score
I didn’t realize how simple that part is. The power is simple to fix either but I hope we can tow without all the system connections and the sensors not going crazy. Frankly I’ve never needed any of that. My Discovery V has so many functions it’s annoying. I don’t know why it wants me to put in trailer dimensions and everything but generally I want to be able to simply hook up and go. But that plate there I could easily make.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
11:25 PM
Reaction score
I didn’t realize how simple that part is. The power is simple to fix either but I hope we can tow without all the system connections and the sensors not going crazy. Frankly I’ve never needed any of that. My Discovery V has so many functions it’s annoying. I don’t know why it wants me to put in trailer dimensions and everything but generally I want to be able to simply hook up and go. But that plate there I could easily make.
@FlyingTexan The reason for LR asking about the dimensions are tied to the trailer sway assist. You put in the dimensions and it calculates how much pressure to put on the brakes to stop trailer sway.

side of the vehicle, to assist the driver when reversing a trailer. Trajectory lines are overlaid onto the images, depicting the predicted path of the trailer.

Different camera views can be selected via the touchscreen.

Tow assist can be configured to use either the surround camera system or the rear camera system.

The tow assist icon displays on the touchscreen passenger side bar when a trailer is connected.

To activate tow assist:

1. Touch the tow assist icon.

2. Select the appropriate profile for the connected trailer.

3. Select Reverse (R).

The trajectory lines change color based on the angle of the trailer in relation to the vehicle. Red trajectory lines indicate that damage may occur to the vehicle or trailer if the steering is turned further in the same direction.

Note: The vehicle's ignition must be switched off before disconnecting a trailer.

TOW ASSIST LIMITATIONS

The following may have an affect on tow assist performance:

Varying ambient light conditions: If varying light conditions are experienced, the trajectory lines are removed from the touchscreen image.
If a door or taildoor is opened: In this event, the corresponding camera view is replaced with a black screen.
If the camera wash feature is used: In this event, the rear camera view becomes unclear.

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:25 AM
Reaction score
@FlyingTexan The reason for LR asking about the dimensions are tied to the trailer sway assist. You put in the dimensions and it calculates how much pressure to put on the brakes to stop trailer sway.

side of the vehicle, to assist the driver when reversing a trailer. Trajectory lines are overlaid onto the images, depicting the predicted path of the trailer.

Different camera views can be selected via the touchscreen.

Tow assist can be configured to use either the surround camera system or the rear camera system.

The tow assist icon displays on the touchscreen passenger side bar when a trailer is connected.

To activate tow assist:

1. Touch the tow assist icon.

2. Select the appropriate profile for the connected trailer.

3. Select Reverse (R).

The trajectory lines change color based on the angle of the trailer in relation to the vehicle. Red trajectory lines indicate that damage may occur to the vehicle or trailer if the steering is turned further in the same direction.

Note: The vehicle's ignition must be switched off before disconnecting a trailer.

TOW ASSIST LIMITATIONS

The following may have an affect on tow assist performance:

Varying ambient light conditions: If varying light conditions are experienced, the trajectory lines are removed from the touchscreen image.
If a door or taildoor is opened: In this event, the corresponding camera view is replaced with a black screen.
If the camera wash feature is used: In this event, the rear camera view becomes unclear.
I tow at 8k lbs all the time and I’ve never used any of that. Best thing is to turn off the keep lane assist and watch your tongue weight. As far for reversing I use the mirrors. I simply hate how much it tries to get involved. The only useful thing is the backup camera so I can see the hitch but then I never had one before and always seemed to make it work. I’d rather not have any of the software involved at all my only fear is if I add the hitch myself the system’s proximity sensors will continually be going off.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
11:25 PM
Reaction score
You asked what it did and provided a response. I have used it for towing and found that it helped with sways and crosswinds.

The way I look at it is like doing math with my son in kindergarten. He asks me what's 12x65. I get calculator out versus a piece of paper. My son on other hand prefers to do it in his head. We all like to do something that works best for us.

Back
Top Bottom