The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Tow Package "Refund"

BillLumberg

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
9:42 PM
Reaction score
I have read that people who had purchased their Grenadier with the tow package are not be charged for the package due to the delay. I did not order the Grenadier, but bought one that had been rejected. The dealership charged me for the Tow Package. Has anyone else who has bought a "rejected" Gren also paid for the tow package or was that cost removed?

Local time
7:42 PM
Reaction score
If they didn’t deliver a Tow Hitch then how can they charge you? Maybe take it up with Ineos…tell them you will need to return the car as it doesn’t have a feature you paid for.

carlg007

Contract Signed
Local time
10:42 PM
Reaction score
I have read that people who had purchased their Grenadier with the tow package are not be charged for the package due to the delay. I did not order the Grenadier, but bought one that had been rejected. The dealership charged me for the Tow Package. Has anyone else who has bought a "rejected" Gren also paid for the tow package or was that cost removed?
I would think that if the build that you purchased was ordered with the tow package that you should receive the same treatment as the original owner! I think that there is something wrong with paying for something that was to be included. I think your dealer is ripping you off!

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
As all the others have said, if the hitch and wiring wasn't squared away when you drove off the lot, you should have been given the $800 credit. Hopefully the dealer made a legitimate error and wasn't trying to pull a fast one.

Please post back AFTER you speak with them to see which case it is. Thereafter let people know which dealer.

BillLumberg

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I spoke to the Dealer and they did not charge me for the Hitch. The "Cash Price of Vehicle" they listed on my Retail Purchase Agreement was $91,010 which is close to the Configure cost of $91,210. (I had assumed the $200 difference was just price difference between when the order was placed and current pricing. I was not the person who placed the order.)

My dealer sent me the invoice which was interesting. Here is the comparison between Online Configuration an Ineo Invoice.

Attachments

• Ineos Price Comparison.jpg
    Ineos Price Comparison.jpg
    423.1 KB · Views: 61

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Extreme 4x4 Trim - NAFTA?

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I spoke to the Dealer and they did not charge me for the Hitch. The "Cash Price of Vehicle" they listed on my Retail Purchase Agreement was $91,010 which is close to the Configure cost of $91,210. (I had assumed the $200 difference was just price difference between when the order was placed and current pricing. I was not the person who placed the order.)

My dealer sent me the invoice which was interesting. Here is the comparison between Online Configuration an Ineo Invoice.
@Mossy Ineos Grenadier TX @Ko Ineos Grenadier

Would one of you guys be able to explain decode some of this?

Pittsaero

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I also bought one that had not been picked up by the original person that ordered it and the dealer did not charge me for the tow package and it will be installed at no charge once it is available.

Mossy Ineos Grenadier TX

Production/Transit
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
Reaction score
@Mossy Ineos Grenadier TX @Ko Ineos Grenadier

Would one of you guys be able to explain decode some of this?
The configuration does not list the $1600 destination which would raise the total price to $92,810. It also does not list the $1000 discount for the Trialmaster trim. So combined you're looking at total price comparison of $92,810 (configured) vs $91,010 (Invoice) = $1800 difference --> $1000 trim discount + $800 tow hitch reimbursement. It checks out. Hope this makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom