The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

2” hitch + Ball&Pin

MilesD

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
12:28 AM
Reaction score
Fellow owners, does anyone know if there is a dropper plate that can fix to the OE Ineos 6 bolt US hitch, with a cutout for the US hitch.
Would like to use US hitch as well as English tow balls without having to unbolt the english tow ball each time. Could have fabricated, but though I would ask.
Have googled to no avail.
Rgds M

Attachments

• IMG_9084.jpeg
    IMG_9084.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 23

Finley

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Miles
I've been scratching my head over this problem too (My towing height is too high for my trailer). I haven't ordered one yet, but if you go to ebay and search drop plates you will come across a seller called towbar-ahaka. It appears to be a Polish tow bar manufacturer. They offer a number of drop plates and give measurements for hole centres etc.

Vote:
Upvote 0

Scotsitalian

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Finlay,
I’ve gone about this issue differently.
Was admiring my friends new VW Ranger/Amarok and noticed both the Ranger and Amarok are using a 2” square tow hitch with a back plate that drops the towball hight a little.
I took the FoMoCo part number and ordered one and it fits good. It comes with a tested plate with towball and the locating pin and R clip.
Just remove the bolts for the uk tow ball , slide the FoMoCo hitch in and secure with the locating pin and R clip. The horizontal hole for the locating pin is already in the Grenadier tow hitch receiver. Only trouble is the R clip to stop the locating pin can only be pinned into place from below, risking it falling out.
The threaded nut is also ont the bottom of the hitch receiver to stop the hitch from rattling when not loaded with a trailer.
When not in use, I just unpin my hitch and stow it in the back and I got one of those rubber hitch covers on eBay .
FoMoCo part is 3 1/2 ton rated

Vote:
Upvote 0

Finley

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Scotsitalian,
Thank you.
You are a genius.
I think I've just wasted 3 hours of my life on ebay :)

Vote:
Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom