The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Third party rims

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:47 PM
Reaction score
those are nice! I have the Black Rhino Boxers on my kid's Subaru. Good wheels, inexpensive, great designs.

douggie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:47 AM
Reaction score
Weighed my Method Race Wheel 701s w Yokohama GO16 LT285/70R17 tyres today. They come in at 41.3kg so that’s 1.9kgs up on the OEM steelies with KO2s which weighed 39.4kg. All up 9.5kgs extra for the whole vehicle. Plus the 41 kgs for the extra spare I have coming.

Benefits over the Steelies - the bead grip to run at insanely low pressures like 10psi, ease of maintenance in salt conditions like Fraser Island trips, and a lifetime warranty for replacement instead of being able to bash a rim back into shape. And they look ok too.

But no real weight saving as they only barely lighter than the steel rims by a pound or so.

However I have to say putting the spare on the back, after I had weighed it, without scratching it is nigh on impossible cause the pretty face goes on to the bolts, especially as a solo effort. And the Method nuts get a little scratched up getting them on there as well.

I am going to have to add some mat black touch up to the tools.

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
just wanted to post the Black Rhino Boxers on my Crosstrek
image0-6-jpeg.304075

image10-3-jpeg.304205

K1LL3M

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Finally, (yesterday) the new wheels are on 285/75r17 (34") and dam, I like it a lot.

I was initially disappointed being unable to fit the 255/85 but after seeing this on the car, I have zero regrets. They are mint and makes the car looked "finished" and that Grenadier Grin is stronger than ever.

No rubbing while driving and the back door opens, but I new all this as tyres where tested with the stock rims. New rims have 45 offset, so there was always a chance of rubbing with the change, but so for so good.

Tyre is also perfect on the rear door, there is nothing left, see pics and vid.

There is no perfomance penalty driving, accelerates as good as before, really impressive. Do notice the extra side wall slightly in handling but that is the whole point of the upgrade. Not car specific.

How they go offroad with articulation, I will find out this weekend as we head off in the morning.

Love this thing (oh, photos do not do it justice)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240125_010617_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240125_010617_Gallery.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 174
  • Screenshot_20240125_010448_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240125_010448_Gallery.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 183

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:47 AM
Reaction score
Finally, (yesterday) the new wheels are on 285/75r17 (34") and dam, I like it a lot.

I was initially disappointed being unable to fit the 255/85 but after seeing this on the car, I have zero regrets. They are mint and makes the car looked "finished" and that Grenadier Grin is stronger than ever.

No rubbing while driving and the back door opens, but I new all this as tyres where tested with the stock rims. New rims have 45 offset, so there was always a chance of rubbing with the change, but so for so good.

Tyre is also perfect on the rear door, there is nothing left, see pics and vid.

There is no perfomance penalty driving, accelerates as good as before, really impressive. Do notice the extra side wall slightly in handling but that is the whole point of the upgrade. Not car specific.

How they go offroad with articulation, I will find out this weekend as we head off in the morning.

Love this thing (oh, photos do not do it justice)

Hi K1ll3M, That rim/tire combo looks great. What brand tire and model did you get?
Let's us know how road noise is compared to what you previously had.
Thanks, DaBull

K1LL3M

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi K1ll3M, That rim/tire combo looks great. What brand tire and model did you get?
Let's us know how road noise is compared to what you previously had.
Thanks, DaBull

Tyres are Yokohama Geolander X-AT G016 285/75r17 or 34x11.5 (this is actually printed on the side wall also. Yokohama also do a G015 that is more road oriented if noise is a problem.

In saying that Road noise is current no worse that standard, but tyres are new, and may change in the future. Not sure, but also not a thing I realy care about

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:47 AM
Reaction score
Tyres are Yokohama Geolander X-AT G016 285/75r17 or 34x11.5 (this is actually printed on the side wall also. Yokohama also do a G015 that is more road oriented if noise is a problem.

In saying that Road noise is current no worse that standard, but tyres are new, and may change in the future. Not sure, but also not a thing I realy care about
Hi K1LL3M, What size rims are those?
DaBull

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am pretty sure this is the same vehicle that was at SEMA. You get a better shot of the rims and tires here

View: https://youtu.be/uMj711N22OA?si=YmleYmC-V6bNJDy6
Always nice to see 65 again, members that were at the LA PTO2 Tour stop may remember it as the vehicle under the tent (or maybe on the ramps? it was one of the two)... Soon to join it's fellow PTO2s in the crusher

The wheels are one off set of Icon Compression's since EGR owns Icon

Back
Top Bottom