The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

The Utility Belt

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:12 AM
Reaction score
Does "widest bit" include the mirrors? Does Land Rover sell is side mounted box thing on the new Defender there? 150mm is like 6" - that's not very deep.
Mirrors are specifically excluded. I've never really understood the box appendage thing on the new Defender.... is it an "answer" seeking a "problem"?

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Mirrors are specifically excluded. I've never really understood the box appendage thing on the new Defender.... is it an "answer" seeking a "problem"?
I only plan to attach things to it when offroad or parked.
I can only imaging the wind noise at highway speeds and constantly worrying if I will see my attachments disappearing in the rear view mirror

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:12 PM
Reaction score
It’s ugly but a better looking ugly than the big, crappy c/d pillar view blocking square on the side of the 110s.

Local time
6:12 PM
Reaction score
Thats how Gerry McGovern thought up the new discovery whoops meant Defender in the first place
Gerry MC.jpg

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Build it and they will come.
Lifestyle ads keep the engine of the economy running.
Waiting to spot someone in plus fours loading golf clubs through the skinny door.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:12 PM
Reaction score
That 1st photo really shows how far out that bumper sticks out. Didn’t realize how far it really is.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
You seem well informed!
Math mate. For a start I can’t get my clubs to sit lengthways into my 200 with a cage in the back, and the Iggy is at least 20cm shorter, so IF you could get it into the 30cm width of the small door for a start (and I doubt it) then you’d have to open the second door to put them in properly at an angle or widthways.

I’m afraid for anything but relatively small items, getting anything into the back will be a two step, two door process.

Ideally a 40cm door may have been more practical, but with the tyre on the back that was never going to happen.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Math mate. For a start I can’t get my clubs to sit lengthways into my 200 with a cage in the back, and the Iggy is at least 20cm shorter, so IF you could get it into the 30cm width of the small door for a start (and I doubt it) then you’d have to open the second door to put them in properly at an angle or
If I played golf there would be either 1 club, or a swiss army type of club. It would definutely fit.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:12 PM
Reaction score
If I played golf there would be either 1 club, or a swiss army type of club. It would definutely fit.
And if you woul play golf you would use your Grenadier as a caddy, wont´t you?

jamesfielding

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
That 1st photo really shows how far out that bumper sticks out. Didn’t realize how far it really is.
When I popped down to my local dealer during the Christmas break (as they have a PT02 sat in the show room) I was able to put a cup and saucer on the plastic bumper comfortably (I didn’t want to put it on the flat wing and scratch it).

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
When I popped down to my local dealer during the Christmas break (as they have a PT02 sat in the show room) I was able to put a cup and saucer on the plastic bumper comfortably (I didn’t want to put it on the flat wing and scratch it).
Cup and saucer and a 3 course meal on that front bumper!!

Back
Top Bottom