The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

The Utility Belt

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:57 PM
Reaction score
So back on topic...more ideas as to how it can be used, hung off guttering or clamped to the tie down bars:
View attachment 7797145
View attachment 7797146

View attachment 7797150
View attachment 7797149
I’ve been thinking of some sort of arrangement like this myself. Not necessarily for a fuel tank. But maybe sand ladders or water tank. Trying to come up with some ideas for fitting vertically orientated cargo channel between the utility belt and the gutter rail over the back side panels of the vehicle. Really looking forward to coming up with novel storage solutions utilising the internal and external utility rails, once I get the vehicle in my hands 😎

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:57 AM
Reaction score
I’ve been thinking of some sort of arrangement like this myself. Not necessarily for a fuel tank. But maybe sand ladders or water tank. Trying to come up with some ideas for fitting vertically orientated cargo channel between the utility belt and the gutter rail over the back side panels of the vehicle. Really looking forward to coming up with novel storage solutions utilising the internal and external utility rails, once I get the vehicle in my hands 😎
Frontrunner example

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:57 PM
Reaction score

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The Front Runner Jerry can holder for the old Defender - makes reference to using two existing pop rivets to hold it to the body.
Ah, I see. No it rather has you drill them out and use rivnuts.
In the case of the IG I was thinking the utility belt would substitute, dimensions permitting.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Much depends upon local laws for driving with protrusions and where you drive offroad so you don't snag stuff..Offroad can mount flat eg Rotopax water/diesel containers, attach fold down tables , guy ropes , tools and so onIf you are handy you will find a way to mount them safely and securely.Wait for the car to hit the market and follow what others do.I'm getting them, but will wait to see what I need to pack outside the vehicle. I will be touring but not towing so will need some extra space.
I realise this is an ageing post...some issues require deep thought!:unsure:
For Australian enthusiasts: In wondering about the "utility" of the L-track I hunted through the various State Transport Regs and Australian Design rules...
It appears that the maximum side projection allowed is no more than 150mm past the widest point of the vehicle. In the case of the Grenadier the vehicle extremity is the flange over the wheel arch. That doesn't leave much room for a water tank or other cargo type load.... Even two Maxtrax stacked together are 170mm thick (2 x 85mm)
Still thinking....

Last edited:

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:57 AM
Reaction score
Does "widest bit" include the mirrors? Does Land Rover sell is side mounted box thing on the new Defender there? 150mm is like 6" - that's not very deep.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
4:57 PM
Reaction score
In Germany, we have a name for tricycles: "Schlaglochsuchgerät".

i.e.: Pothole Locator.

Back
Top Bottom