The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

The Hunters Corner Rod n Gun Club Topics

Prometheus

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:08 AM
Reaction score
You are in the right forum, I don't think we have a hunting forum in the D-A-CH area yet. Do you have Kopovs? I'm planning 2 drawers (divided like the doors) as a floor solution. I don't want to block the rear window. WmH.
Ok,
nearly.., its a Brandlbracke and a Steirische Rauhaarbracke ;-)
The „Brandl„ for „Stöbern“ and the „Steirer“ for Blood Tracking, the “Brandl“ will also Usedom as a „Loshund“ at difficult searches

(btw: it is really very uncomfortable to translate german hunting expressions.
moreover, i believe that these non-native translations do not bring any real added value for native speakers or others..)

any recommedation for the Drawers? ( manufacture, After market etc availible in DACH?)

Prometheus

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I'm starting to think I'm developing dementia 🤔
Hello @Prometheus I did start a thread called Jagdwagen to discuss D-A-CH hunting matters. We have agreed over there to limit the discussion to clearöy regional topics like legal restrictions and such and keep the general hunting discussions in this thread here so that everyone can profit from the international exchange of know hoe and ideas.

I, by the way am training a young Brandlbracke after my last one died in July last year.
unfortunately that is part of hunting with dogs..
Brackenheil and lots of fun with the young Brandl
same remarks as in Thread #81…

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:08 PM
Reaction score
Ok,
nearly.., its a Brandlbracke and a Steirische Rauhaarbracke ;-)
The „Brandl„ for „Stöbern“ and the „Steirer“ for Blood Tracking, the “Brandl“ will also Usedom as a „Loshund“ at difficult searches

(btw: it is really very uncomfortable to translate german hunting expressions.
moreover, i believe that these non-native translations do not bring any real added value for native speakers or others..)

any recommedation for the Drawers? ( manufacture, After market etc availible in DACH?)
Could be some interest @Prometheus - these traditions are not well known in Oz. If I can assist:
Stöbern = rummaging/bumper dog (for flushing game)
Loshund = sweat dog (for tracking wounded game)

Frontrunner make good metal lockable drawers but not in the configuration you’re after. We have various providers in Oz that build bespoke drawers but these are most often constructed from plywood. I presume you would prefer something that can be cleaned?

The only other idea might be someone like Entreq… although I imagine this would be an expensive option.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:08 AM
Reaction score
With great respect...I have hunted most of my life but this forum is geared to show only one trophy [I hope] and that is how we travel to and from, load, tow, sleep, eat, and all of the things associated with our pastimes...happy motoring in your Grenadier.
But nobody is forced to read the thread hunters corner or sm I wrong. If someone wants to use his Grenadier for hunting and likes to share ideas therefore I can not see anything wrong in it. The dogs thread has nearly nothing to do with the car neither and most of us just love it.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Exactly The hunters corner was created to discuss topics around the Grenadier in relation to hunting & fishing purpose and relate. This could also mean rifle, rifle scope and equipment transported in a Grenadier.
@Max the intention was not to picture dead game ot trophies but it might be possible that there will be pictures with Grenadier at work for hunting and this may end up with risk of some red stains. The vehicle is built for purpose and the hunting and forester, woodwork agriculture or fishing business is quite some purpose. Feel free to ignore this group if the content does not suit you.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@klarie curious how you like the .308 and what kind of ranges you usually see? I'm considering 6.5 Creedmoor or .308 Win for deer and other small game here in the western United States.
Sorry for late reaction. The creedmoor is getting more popular now. But rather sportshooting on AR type rifle. For larger game such as red deer, boar etc minimum energy is 2000j at 100m E100
The .308 is easy to reload, moderate precision and easy available.
I use Sako Super Hammerhead 180gn in distance between 60m - 160m
using a Blaser R8 with suppressor. Low recoil, straight action manual repeating cycle. can be carried with round in chamber but firing pin spring released. quite safe.
in US I can’t get you a recommendation what to use.. You may be confronted with quite different challenges than in Europe.. The .308 or a proper .30-06 has some more mass and propellant.. just in case.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
mmmmm R8. Lovely. My first choice for a blaser would be K95 ultimate in .270. Maybe one of these days. Something about these single shots, great engineering.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
mmmmm R8. Lovely. My first choice for a blaser would be K95 ultimate in .270. Maybe one of these days. Something about these single shots, great engineering.
I had a Blaser R93 as a teaching rifle when I got my hunting license.
For me it has been clear from the start that this system is the safest (specially for someone who doesn’t hunts every day)
And it’s damn fast to repeat (don’t know if this is the right translation for „repetieren“)
So my gun became a 30-06 R8.

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Maybe its time to give this thread a bump again. I am using the idle time while I am waiting for the Grenadier to contemplate what might be useful for field dressing game. I like to hang the game upside down which makes it much easier to dress and is much cleaner, too. Don’t know yet, if hanging it from the car is really that good of a solution. All I found so far was this and that is too bulky for my taste. Maybe one of you has a better idea.

The other thing I am looking for is a pressurized water tank, favourably one that could be mounted to the airline rails (but not one of those huge tube showers). Does any one of you have an idea/experience with that?

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I've always gralloched (dressed) deer on the ground. Found it easier that way. Guys my senior have told me that ability goes with age though!

90 year old guy round here uses his polaris ranger as his deer shooting transport. He's got some very ingenious ways of lifting and moving carcasses using the vehicle winch, and a lot of movable pulleys mounted on various bits of wood that slot in here and there!

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
4:08 AM
Reaction score
Maybe its time to give this thread a bump again. I am using the idle time while I am waiting for the Grenadier to contemplate what might be useful for field dressing game. I like to hang the game upside down which makes it much easier to dress and is much cleaner, too. Don’t know yet, if hanging it from the car is really that good of a solution. All I found so far was this and that is too bulky for my taste. Maybe one of you has a better idea.

The other thing I am looking for is a pressurized water tank, favourably one that could be mounted to the airline rails (but not one of those huge tube showers). Does any one of you have an idea/experience with that?

No expert but what about a water tank and then one of those electric drill type power washers. No immensely powerful but should be good enough for your requirements and you just throw the hose in a bucket of water. Could also be used for some car cleaning duties as well.

Hope that helps.

PS. The only Blaser that matters is an F3 😃

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
No expert but what about a water tank and then one of those electric drill type power washers. No immensely powerful but should be good enough for your requirements and you just throw the hose in a bucket of water. Could also be used for some car cleaning duties as well.

Hope that helps.

PS. The only Blaser that matters is an F3 😃
Thank you! Do you have an example for the „drill type power washer“? I have no idea what that might be.

PS: R93 with shortened barrel for stalking is just as nice as a R8 for the longer distances. I wish I had use for a shotgun here… As I don‘t, I still only have a Sauer Aya side by side in 16.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Try this, not recommending it but just the first one I saw on Amazon. Sorry it’s not a link, I am useless

PS; I am the other way round never really needed a rifle but I have seen the Blaser R8 and thought it looked like something I would want if the need arose. Love the German engineering of both the rifles and the shotguns.

Attachments

• IMG_0164.jpeg
    IMG_0164.jpeg
    215.3 KB · Views: 21

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
If I was to get one I would get the Ryobi one+ version as I already have the batteries, so it would make sense as the limit is always battery life

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Recent there were some hygiene regulations imposed.. So this means prey should not be in contact with ground.
I made a wooden stand with V shaped boards to field dress horizontally.
There is however a Stand available with winch that can be mounted on trailer ball and fixed also on roof rack or ladder to allow hanging field dressing
That is not particularly for Grenadier but rather universal.. I did see it only once mounted at an Isuzu ute / pickup .. and is to be folded away ..
Roe deer is quite simple.. just somewhat 15-18 kg .. but a decent boar may be 60 but also 100+ kgs .. that needs some lift.
that is a reason why I consider a rear winch as more important than a front winch.. pull a boar out of the shrubs and lift it for dressing..
Btw had just some sausage on bbq from boar.
A hunting mate had a flush system self made.. a 50l plastic tank a 12V pump plugged in a 12V connector and a transparent hose.. working nicely
In boot of a Mitsubishi Outlander
but a rather flat tank on roof of Grenadier.. or pickup boot should do the job
the question is the pump..

Back
Top Bottom