The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

The Hunters Corner Rod n Gun Club Topics

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:15 PM
Reaction score
yes they are.. but @Jean Mercier they feed on plants. So if these are too many they have negative effects on the area.
so in Yellowstone or in the Netherlands.. in Yellowstone NP Wolves regulate ..
in that park in oostvardersplassen in 2018 reddeer and others starved to death so there were about 3200 corpses..
Hunting no matter by animal predator or human predator.. should proper regulate.. but this need some understanding on Mother Nature hunting means take some .. not extinct.. and value the prey / meat and skin as a gift with respect.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
No, I'm not a hunter. But today I had the pleasure to join @Barney at his hunting ground for an afternoon.

Barney had invited me to his hunting ground to show it to me and also to do some smaller work. So we met and drove together to the village where he and his hunting friend have their base with some material they need.

010_A7C00301_1620x1080.JPG

There is also a room to carve the bag.

020_A7C00296_1620x1080.JPG

In the barn there is also an old farmer's workshop, which brings back memories from my childhood, when I spent most of my afternoons at a farmer's house in the neighborhood. Such workshops from the past probably look the same for all farmers: The machineries were still easy to repair.

030_A7C00298_1620x1080.JPG

First we made a small round over the fields and meadows of his district. It was very slippery because the tires on Barney's Grand Cherokee are really at their end of life. But we didn't get stuck. Still, it's high time for the Grenadier to take over.

040_A7C00302_1620x1080.JPG

After that we had a small breakfast from the bakery in town.

050_A7C00304_1620x1080.JPG

There was a lot to talk about, and especially Barney was looking forward to the Grenadier, because he has so practical fanders for the coffee cups ;-)

060_A7C00306_1619x1080.JPG

070_A7C00305_1620x1080.JPG

Then we went into the forest to do some work. The line of sight from the high seat had to be cut free, smaller trees and brushwood had to be removed. Of course only in reasonable work clothes.

A short distance through the undergrowth ...

090_A7C00309_1620x1080.JPG

... to this spot. Part of the line of sight is already cut free here ...

105_A7C00319_1620x1080.JPG

continued ...

Last edited:

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
... and ends at this surveillance camera.

110_A7C00317_1620x1080.JPG

But one or two things were still to be done.

115_A7C00323_1620x1080.JPG

And actually it became at only 5°C then nevertheless so warm that I even had to hang aside my beloved, old M65.

120_A7C00321_1620x1080.JPG

In the end we've been fast enough so that there was still time for some fun.

130_A7C00325_1920x370.JPG

So first of all Barney attached a target ...

150_A7C00329_1620x1080.JPG

... which was also visible from the deerstand.

160_A7C00331_1620x1080.JPG

And so was my shot. :)

170_A7C00330_1620x1080.JPG

Then I discovered this :oops:

180_A7C00332_1620x1080.JPG

No, this is not a woman. This is art ...
The forestry commission had decided that a path of art should be established here. The tenants were not asked - not even informed ...

Here one of the "works of art" in the general view.

190_A7C00333_1620x1080.JPG

Finally, Barney made an extended tour of the entire area. Minor work was done immediately, this tree here was in the way.

200_A7C00335_1620x1080.JPG

Last edited:

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
... continued from previous.

210_A7C00337_1620x1080.JPG

And when our Grenadiers are finally here, it will be even more fun to spend an afternoon there. :)

A great day, thank you so much, Barney!

Last edited:

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I guess I should save a few bucks for a cool camera like yours
That's a good idea. But with cameras it's a bit like with cooking pots. The latter don't make the dishes tasty, and the former don't make the pictures pleasant. They are just tools. It also takes a good eye.

But I don't doubt that as a hunter you have at least one eye good enough for that. ;)

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Some comment.. .
Its really in every area the same.. permission granted w/o telling or agreement to tenant.
I ve got 3 Seissiger LTE .. cams in areas of interest sufficently away from anywhere were pedestrians are usually walk along.
For sighting & shoot testing I use Alsfeld Range (BDMP) some 45 Minutes driving time..
Although I could use some place for sighting controls. ..
But surprises are part of nature. Thursday night I had an interesting encounter..:
ce62c014-6ece-42d8-8135-dad36147e8fa.jpg
That is a little tit sleeping at top of entry to my high hide.. 2 feet apart where I sat. Just noticed when I left.
Red light is from my headlamp.
These small encounters spice up my life in hunting.. .. Never experienced by couch potatoes.

Mitchell300

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:15 PM
Reaction score
Some comment.. .
Its really in every area the same.. permission granted w/o telling or agreement to tenant.
I ve got 3 Seissiger LTE .. cams in areas of interest sufficently away from anywhere were pedestrians are usually walk along.
For sighting & shoot testing I use Alsfeld Range (BDMP) some 45 Minutes driving time..
Although I could use some place for sighting controls. ..
But surprises are part of nature. Thursday night I had an interesting encounter..:
View attachment 7803074
That is a little tit sleeping at top of entry to my high hide.. 2 feet apart where I sat. Just noticed when I left.
Red light is from my headlamp.
These small encounters spice up my life in hunting.. .. Never experienced by couch potatoes.
Your absolutely correct, you can be out all day and not shoot anything but still have a great day with seeing all sorts of wildlife in its natural environment.

Prometheus

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:15 PM
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I'm not sure which thread to post this topic in, so feel free to move or copy…
I am a hunter and dog handler and have two dogs (Bracken).
The plan is to install a dog box for the two dogs in the utility behind the front seats. Access through the left rear door (LHD). In the cargo area, I would install a complete shelf on the left side in the width of the narrow rear door (similar to a classic Landy extension). ideally with long drawers with access from the narrow rear door for two rifles. maybe a gullwing on the side Windows at the back for access to the shelf from the outside. on the right side possibly a seat/lying area with boxes underneath. in the middle of the loading area space for a trough for dead game (Wildwanne).
Do you have any ideas, especially for the dog boxes?
thxs and lot of patience to get your Grenny

Barney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
in der Nähe von Frankfurt a. M. Deutschland
Hello everyone,
The plan is to install a dog box for the two dogs in the utility behind the front seats. Access through the left rear door (LHD). In the cargo area, I would install a complete shelf on the left side in the width of the narrow rear door (similar to a classic Landy extension). ideally with long drawers with access from the narrow rear door for two rifles. maybe a gullwing on the side Windows at the back for access to the shelf from the outside. on the right side possibly a seat/lying area with boxes underneath. in the middle of the loading area space for a trough for dead game (Wildwanne).
You are in the right forum, I don't think we have a hunting forum in the D-A-CH area yet. Do you have Kopovs? I'm planning 2 drawers (divided like the doors) as a floor solution. I don't want to block the rear window. WmH.

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Hello @Prometheus I did start a thread called Jagdwagen to discuss D-A-CH hunting matters. We have agreed over there to limit the discussion to clearly regional topics like legal restrictions and such and keep the general hunting discussions in this thread here so that everyone can profit from the international exchange of know how and ideas.

I, by the way am training a young Brandlbracke after my last one died in July last year.

Last edited:

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:15 PM
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
We also have a DOG THREAD where you can share photos of your dogs (name, age,&breed).

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
BTW: I have no idea how to insert a link to another thread. If someone wants to do that for the Jagdwagen thread, I would be grateful.

Barney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
in der Nähe von Frankfurt a. M. Deutschland
Hello @Prometheus I did start a thread called Jagdwagen to discuss D-A-CH hunting matters. We have agreed over there to limit the discussion to clearöy regional topics like legal restrictions and such and keep the general hunting discussions in this thread here so that everyone can profit from the international exchange of know hoe and ideas.

I, by the way am training a young Brandlbracke after my last one died in July last year.
I'm starting to think I'm developing dementia 🤔🤪😂

Back
Top Bottom