The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

The auxiliary power outlets

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
3:48 AM
Reaction score

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Dual wall shrink tubing
The video mentions dual wall shrink tubing. Dual wall shrink tube has an outer plastic wall and an inner wall of glue (often polyolefin). When applying heat, the plastic shrinks and the glue melts to form a good seal. When done correctly, the seal will not only be insulated but also waterproof and dustproof.

I find 3 to 1 shrink tubing more flexible than 2 to 1 shrink tubing. When heat is applied it can shrink to 1/3 of its original size.

If you want to know more look at my Crimping Guide under the heading Types of Shrink Tube here.

You can buy dual wall tubing in long strips or cut to various lengths and thicknesses. Common colours are red, black or clear. Clear being the most versatile and what I used it here.

Where to buy
For users in Australia Rhino Tools has good tubing (but not always in stock) and US users look at Wirefy on Amazon of their website. At Wirefy you are spoiled with the huge selection.

Last edited:

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Amazon Australia also has: IMG_4455.jpeg

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Wherever you buy, try and source Taiwanese made dual wall shrink tube, it is so much better.

Back
Top Bottom