The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

The Autopian - The Ineos Grenadier Is The Overlanding Beast The Land Rover Defender Could Have Become (USA)

Maxwell

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:18 PM
Reaction score
Wiper performance again. Feels like a must fix issue by IA for RHD trucks and maybe LHD too.
I fear that they put design and not purpose first regarding the wipers and won‘t change that issue - at least not in the next few years.

4F94A090-E843-4C9E-853F-241F51BB9777.jpeg

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:18 PM
Reaction score
Is this wiper thing really that important? I often had this issue on my Defender but it’s just a whipe while filling up diesel to clean it. If the road is dirty you might do it with every fill up or even in between. Most of us do not throw buckets of mud on their windshield on daily base, or do we?

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:18 PM
Reaction score
View attachment 7802840

Interesting review, he gets what the IG is about, and didn't pan it like some others. His closing statement really says it all

JonSutton

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:18 PM
Reaction score
Wipers - I think I’m right in saying that old Defender in 2016 was still using the same motor/worm/wheel box approach that was introduced on the Series 2A in about 1968. IA should do better than the photo suggests. Even my 1996 110 doesn’t leave that big an unswept area, though it isn’t much better.

MRO

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:18 AM
Reaction score
The wipers cannot be hard to fix. Change the angle on the wiper arm to be more vertical on full extension, move it on the spline, stronger spring, better blade….if it sits skew when resting I don’t really care. Even my old defender wipers are good with decent blades despite decades of non-existent development. The only thing that can’t be fixed later is the footwell.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:18 PM
Reaction score
Wipers - I think I’m right in saying that old Defender in 2016 was still using the same motor/worm/wheel box approach that was introduced on the Series 2A in about 1968. IA should do better than the photo suggests. Even my 1996 110 doesn’t leave that big an unswept area, though it isn’t much better.
Having driven the Grenadier off-road on a very miserable day I failed to notice the fact a large portion of the screen remains un-wiped. So, even though it disappoints me to read of this anomaly, in practice it made no difference to me.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
9:18 PM
Reaction score
🤪 how could those clever engineering elves have got so many important things wrong????? 🤣
I can't wait to leave mine unmolested and as intended 🤭

Back
Top Bottom