The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

New Grenadier accessory

Article about a new kitchen system designed for the grenadier

Screenshot 2024-03-05 at 11.17.05 AM.png

The end of the original Land Rover Defender left a big gap not only in the go-anywhere 4x4 market but also in the capable all-terrain micro-camper market. The Defender hosted some of the coolest little pop-up camper SUVs the world over, but the new Defender has yet to really pick up where the OG left off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Local time
2:21 AM
Reaction score
Alternatively make something in your garage. The space underneath leaves a mass of flexibility and the second panel is stored above the rear platform. If a double bed is required then a further panel could be added. Cost $200

Attachments

• Loading bay platform 1.jpg
    Loading bay platform 1.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 137
  • Loading bay platform 2.jpg
    Loading bay platform 2.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 137

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:21 AM
Reaction score
Alternatively make something in your garage. The space underneath leaves a mass of flexibility and the second panel is stored above the rear platform. If a double bed is required then a further panel could be added. Cost $200
That solution is MUCH better than the drawers - you have more flexibility in what you can store. Where did you buy this - or did you make it yourself?

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:21 PM
Reaction score
Can you provide a quick-quick explanation of how you built this? Maybe a shopping list.

Local time
2:21 AM
Reaction score
Hi guys, I took exact measurement of the 2-seater Utility, because I want to sleep/live in the car. If you put a platform of 2cm thickness in about 21 cm height over the ground level, you can put a mattress of 180x140cm on the platform, may be even 190 with some pressure. Before you have to take the wire screen out. Under the platform you can place at least 4 boxes 60x40x20 to store your stuff.
The only sad thing is, I can not sit upright on the mattress like in my Defender, because the space over the mattress is`t high enough!

This cost`s me 250 Euro max.! In the electric department there is enough space to install a second big LiFe- battery and a 2kw Autoterm air heater, especially if you take the front part of the metal compartment off!
That`s what I will do, when I get my Grenadier Utility in a year!
Enjoy your beautiful Grenadiers! It`s a great car! Hans

Back
Top Bottom