The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Springs in the Quartermaster

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
6:47 AM
Reaction score
Need some help from the hive. Do you think or can someone with close ties to Ineos answer this question. @anand @Stu_Barnes @Krabby @AWo @MossyIG @Mossy Ineos Grenadier TX

Does the pick up truck use the same springs as the SW or are they different? I am asking because Airbag man is asking for dimensions to see if they have a system in place already for quartermaster. Then also if they are than my new Eibach springs will work and I will need to get them the dimensions.

I did ask my dealer and they said they can't answer till I arrives in states.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:47 AM
Reaction score
Need some help from the hive. Do you think or can someone with close ties to Ineos answer this question. @anand @Stu_Barnes @Krabby @AWo @MossyIG @Mossy Ineos Grenadier TX

Does the pick up truck use the same springs as the SW or are they different? I am asking because Airbag man is asking for dimensions to see if they have a system in place already for quartermaster. Then also if they are than my new Eibach springs will work and I will need to get them the dimensions.

I did ask my dealer and they said they can't answer till I arrives in states.
I'm 99.9% positive they will use different spring rates than the SW, but for actual spring diameter, it would seem logical to use the same inner and outer diameter.

With that being said, aren't they in Oz where the QM is available currently??

Reactions: Max

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Yes but I don't think they have addressed the eibach lift yet.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:47 AM
Reaction score
Yes but I don't think they have addressed the eibach lift yet.
Ahhh I missed that part... I would say the Eibach springs (assuming US spec) will not be appropriate for a QM, especially if you are adding any weight to the rear; on a SW with mild weight added (an empty Buzz Overland drawer system and empty fridge) to the rear they squat quite noticeably and given that the QM has a lot more length behind the rear axle, this will contribute even more to that effect

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:47 PM
Reaction score
The stretched wheelbase will also mean the vehicle sits very differently on the road so I would be very confident the front and rear springs will be totally different to the SW

Reactions: Max

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Sounds good, so I'll have to put my springs for SW up for sale and wait for what is developed for the QM. Plus wait for airbag man.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Spoke to a guy who saw one in UK. He said he was seeing green circles and red triangles on the QM.

Back
Top Bottom