The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Some News..... Software update and delays/deliveries?

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
6:49 AM
Reaction score
OK, so. I've just heard that the software update has been completed and should be released next week.

The assumption (from me) and general tone of the communication is that this will be completed at the dealer level.

As to how soon after this update is completed vehicles are actually being delivered I've no idea, but fingers crossed it's shortly afterwards if not immediately.

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
1:49 PM
Reaction score
OK, so. I've just heard that the software update has been completed and should be released next week.

The assumption (from me) and general tone of the communication is that this will be completed at the dealer level.

As to how soon after this update is completed vehicles are actually being delivered I've no idea, but fingers crossed it's shortly afterwards if not immediately.
Where did you hear this awesomeness?

Bushguide

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
9:49 AM
Reaction score
I seem to recall that a week or so ago, the 92 vehicles on the dock somewhere due to come to Australia, had been given some sort of "clearance or thumbs up clarification" (I forget the words used by IA here in Australia at the time) but it conveyed the impression that they were cleared at the factory level for immediate distribution and handover once landed in Australia ... no further software updates needed. If that's the case then it would tend to indicate the"trouble" has been sorted out over a week or so ago.

joejet

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I seem to recall that a week or so ago, the 92 vehicles on the dock somewhere due to come to Australia, had been given some sort of "clearance or thumbs up clarification" (I forget the words used by IA here in Australia at the time) but it conveyed the impression that they were cleared at the factory level for immediate distribution and handover once landed in Australia ... no further software updates needed. If that's the case then it would tend to indicate the"trouble" has been sorted out over a week or so ago.
No there is still an update, dont worry Ineos has sent a floppy disk using a first class pigeon. Hopefully not misposted and sent 2nd class chicken. 😁 😁 😁

AWo

Local time
2:49 PM
Reaction score
Software isn't changed that easily. The authorities of each country, like the KBA in Germany or the NHTSA in the US require a very thorough documentation of each change. A complex procedure. So that is never done quickly.

Cheers
AWo

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

My dealer told me two weeks ago that they prepare the diagnosis tools to prepare them for a software update for the yet delivered customers cars. With Stus information that makes perfect sense to me.

J8hn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

My dealer gave me the same information but quoted the end of next week. Also I believe there have been other updates released which didn't work or created other issues, so this release may not resolve the problem - time will tell.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:49 AM
Reaction score
They are using a 5.25" floppy so just looking for someone who knows how to drive it.
I think I may have a drive somewhere in my garage attic.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Customer service told me a couple of days ago that they were expecting details of delivery dates to come through within the next two weeks so that would also add up with this.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:49 PM
Reaction score
That is my understanding also Les, re. the vehicles bound for Australia. Further, @grenadierboy posted (#124) in the Idle Speculation thread that the head of Ineos Asia Pacific had confirmed to him at a recent drive day that the software issue had been resolved and that there were other issues related to suppliers being asked to make changes...

If we don't live in hope, what's the point? :unsure:;)

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
This is correct.

Last Friday, (24 Feb), IA Head of Asia/Pacific told me directly that 92 cars were "in the process" of being loaded for shipping to Australia.

Also - that the "software update issue" had been resolved.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I found out why the delay. They are sending the update to dealers via dial up - the old 9.6kbs type and the one that always cuts out when someone calls your landline - with all the customer enquiries they are struggling to get the file across to the dealers was each uploaded takes about 6 days!!!!

Back
Top Bottom