The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Some News..... Software update and delays/deliveries?

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:36 PM
Reaction score
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned laser discs yet or spool to spool tape drives, personally I'm on the side of Mr Babbage, give me clockwork and gearing any day the week and I'll make it work ;)

I think the IRS still partly use a dos based system....... or did I imagine that?
I thought Windows still uses DOS in the background.
Type in a command prompt
View attachment 7805055
It does, Windows is just a very sophisticated enabling function.

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
How are software updates done. Does the Grenadier have to be plugged in to a Computer or can updates be done remotely via SIM card that is for the Ecall system. (I’m presuming that there is a SIM card for this system) The reason I’m enquiring is that on Monday morning on my commUte to work I had error messages for HHC not available, TSM not available, and Transfer case in neutral, although the vehicle drives well and no apparent faults, this is on top of TPMS, Power steering Climate control and airbag system warning errors over the weekend but no actual fault with vehicle ,those errors did not occur on Monday. All error messages were reported to Ineos via the dealer as requested. Yesterday went out for a short spin around town and no warning messages whatsoever. Could it be that the system has been updated remotely? I’m not a techie person so don’t even know if this is possible.

Reactions: PBD

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
How are software updates done. Does the Grenadier have to be plugged in to a Computer or can updates be done remotely via SIM card that is for the Ecall system. (I’m presuming that there is a SIM card for this system)
The details are not publically available, but it could be either a normal SIM card or an eSIM which is no physical card for the emergency system.

Either way, my understanding is that these are limited to 112 or emergency calls only.

So any software updates will need the car plugging into something or something plugging into the car.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:36 AM
Reaction score
Perhaps it's with a flash drive plugged into the audio system/USB ports.

Regardless of how, I sure as hell hope it can be done at home (as I was able to do with my Fords via a flash drive). There will only be 20/22 dealerships when NA launches so for some it could be many miles until the nearest one.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:36 PM
Reaction score
According to my dealer, all updates have to be done while plugged in and communicating with Ineos. There is no remote update facility at present.
Same info from my dealer.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:36 AM
Reaction score
The details are not publically available, but it could be either a normal SIM card or an eSIM which is no physical card for the emergency system.

Either way, my understanding is that these are limited to 112 or emergency calls only.

So any software updates will need the car plugging into something or something plugging into the car.
Non EU/UK cars don’t have the ecall system so assume that no over the air for us

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My Tesla remote updates, but it does it over WiFi not through the sim. Can’t be driven while its updating so has to happen at home on WiFi.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Non EU/UK cars don’t have the ecall system so assume that no over the air for us
According to the initial press pack "SOS Emergency Call is included for: EU, Saudi Arabia, Oman, UAE, Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain".

The system can't be used, as setup, for SOTA updates.

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

My discovery connects to my home wifi. So wifi I’d imagine is an option. Could hotspot to your phone and go.

Reactions: PBD

beg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
This is gonna be one hell of an update with the amount of issues we are having , I wonder how many dealers are using the software issue as a reason not to discuss owners problems .

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It's also occurred to me that we were waiting for a big software update prior to the first cars being released. Did that actually happen and this is a second big software update or was that looking at being later and later, and they've pushed the cars out to the first few?

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It's also occurred to me that we were waiting for a big software update prior to the first cars being released. Did that actually happen and this is a second big software update or was that looking at being later and later, and they've pushed the cars out to the first few?
Good question. I guess we will have a clearer picture as the newer vehicles deliver and are put through their early paces. Will be interesting to see whether the niggles drop off or maintain.

Arkaig

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes there was a software update prior to the first cars being released. There is a second software update currently being prepared which is unlikely to be finalised for release much before the end of July. The software update will require the vehicles to be returned to either a sales agent or a service agent to be implemented. Duration of the update may well differ from one vehicle to another.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just spoke to Jardines in Kent, software update hopefully within next two weeks, which would mean mid-July. That's what they have been told. Whether it materialises on that schedule is probably not worth putting the house on.

Also mentioned that the cars now being delivered are in a better state of campaign and improving from the original few batches.

simonpa

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Just spoke to Jardines in Kent, software update hopefully within next two weeks, which would mean mid-July. That's what they have been told. Whether it materialises on that schedule is probably not worth putting the house on.

Also mentioned that the cars now being delivered are in a better state of campaign and improving from the original few batches.
Just our bad luck then that we were part of the original few. Maybe doesn't always pay to be one of the first !

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I would expect and hope that we will get recalls for early build vehicles to rectify any issues that have arisen. I must say though I am very happy with mine warts and all
I'd like to see the list of what could be done. I've seen before with other manufacturers that some items are fixable but only "if the customer expresses a concern".

Back
Top Bottom