The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Some more dismounting (centre console/kick plates)

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:40 PM
Reaction score
PoziTap You can see them on YouTube. Really good experience with them so far. The pierce the wire with just a pin prick. If removed, the wire insulation tends to close in on itself again.
Brilliant I’ll get some to keep in the electrical box. And I’ll get the same usb socket as a very neat solutio. Thanks 👍🏼

Last edited:

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:40 AM
Reaction score
As reported earlier today, I went to my dealer. We looked to see where the water was coming from the centre console, but only suspected it was condensation.
However, I am now getting to the detail of it. I have dismantled some panels. But that is, as we say in Germany, a rat's tail. If you want to remove one fairing, you have to remove the next one first. But you can't remove it until you unscrew another one, and so on. The beginning has been made. Now I'll stop. That's enough for today.
It's same but also different when working on a really old car Rovie - like 1960's MB.

When something needs fixing - usually not so complex panels etc. to remove but when removed - 5 other issues now need fixing!

In English we say going down a "rabbit hole".

When I say to my wife I am going out to the garage for an hour to fix something, she responds with...."see you tomorrow then"!!

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:40 PM
Reaction score
It's same but also different when working on a really old car Rovie - like 1960's MB.

When something needs fixing - usually not so complex panels etc. to remove but when removed - 5 other issues now need fixing!

In English we say going down a "rabbit hole".

When I say to my wife I am going out to the garage for an hour to fix something, she responds with...."see you tomorrow then"!!
Hello @grenadierboy thank you for the expression rabbit hole. I've learned something new again. Yes, that's true, I always find something to screw on my old vehicles. On the one hand it's fun, but on the other hand it takes up valuable time.

ninetubes

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:40 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone managed to get the dash switch panel (AC etc) out yet? I've to the top out and for the life of me can't release the bottom

NoAge Hunter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:40 PM
Reaction score
All done. Comes on with ignition or with PWR on roof panel. Wires not long enough to route in the way I would have preferred. Gynaecology skills very useful as a bit of a tight space to work in.
Hi- as mentioned before I like that idea. So I got now the USB socket I ordered and the Pozytabs. One question: did you simply drilled a hole from the hand brake lever to the inside? Just want to make sure that there are no wires etc…. 😉

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi- as mentioned before I like that idea. So I got now the USB socket I ordered and the Pozytabs. One question: did you simply drilled a hole from the hand brake lever to the inside? Just want to make sure that there are no wires etc…. 😉
Hi Hunter
That’s correct. My usb socket has no depth to it so just needed two small holes for the self tappers that secure it, and a centre hole for the wires. I posi tapped into the cigarette socket wiring and not the adjacent USB socket wiring.
I of course had to remove the cup holder for access to wiring. Once screws are removed, it was quite tough to pull out. I think I put tape along the edge of the trim and used a plastic trim tool to assist with the removal.
I have found it a very handy, practical and out of the way place for a USB socket. Hope you find the same.

NoAge Hunter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Hunter
That’s correct. My usb socket has no depth to it so just needed two small holes for the self tappers that secure it, and a centre hole for the wires. I posi tapped into the cigarette socket wiring and not the adjacent USB socket wiring.
I of course had to remove the cup holder for access to wiring. Once screws are removed, it was quite tough to pull out. I think I put tape along the edge of the trim and used a plastic trim tool to assist with the removal.
I have found it a very handy, practical and out of the way place for a USB socket. Hope you find the same.
Hi Cheshire - it‘s on my agenda for next week. I will let you know as soon as it is done. Again, thanks for the additional explanation. 👍🏻👍🏻
I believe it is a very good place for that USB. Hope my hands are small enough to fit into that „space“ 😂😂

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Cheshire - it‘s on my agenda for next week. I will let you know as soon as it is done. Again, thanks for the additional explanation. 👍🏻👍🏻
I believe it is a very good place for that USB. Hope my hands are small enough to fit into that „space“ 😂😂
Now that bit is a challenge. Not very much access, that's for sure. :)

NoAge Hunter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Now that bit is a challenge. Not very much access, that's for sure. :)
Hi Cheahire cat,

I couldn‘t wait untill next week so I copied your excellent idea today.
First of all you are right: it is a bit of a challange to get the hand in that area. The fact that all plastic parts inside — once the cup-holder is build-out — are sharp like a razor blade doesn‘t help…..as you can see in the first picture 😂😂😂

However, the spot for the USB socket is brilliant from my point of view. It looks like that it belongs there 👍🏻!

IMG_2864.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2867.jpeg
    IMG_2867.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 75
  • IMG_2861.jpeg
    IMG_2861.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 76
  • IMG_2862.jpeg
    IMG_2862.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 74
  • IMG_2863.jpeg
    IMG_2863.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 75
  • IMG_2866.jpeg
    IMG_2866.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 75

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Cheahire cat,

I couldn‘t wait untill next week so I copied your excellent idea today.
First of all you are right: it is a bit of a challange to get the hand in that area. The fact that all plastic parts inside — once the cup-holder is build-out — are sharp like a razor blade doesn‘t help…..as you can see in the first picture 😂😂😂

However, the spot for the USB socket is brilliant from my point of view. It looks like that it belongs there 👍🏻!

View attachment 7840451
Brilliant. Well done. Glad it worked out so well.

Back
Top Bottom