The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

So where are all the first impressions? (right here)

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
4:52 PM
Reaction score
@rovie A big thank you, you're really delivering good content here! (y)

Wilaspira

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:52 AM
Reaction score
Mines a petrol and I have to say I adjusted the bit that needed to be yours may differ will sort a photo out later
Mines a diesel but have similar tinny rattle at c2k revs (when some load on engine), would be interested to see your photos

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:52 PM
Reaction score
Maybe a strange one but not previously raised on the forum - when the vehicle ( petrol ) is stationery with engine running there is a strong
smell of exhaust fumes within which clears when journey is resumed !
Could be just 'new vehicle' burn off as have only done 500 miles so far.
After 500 miles there should be no ‘burn off’ smells. Unusual environmental conditions over a few days perhaps? If not, it needs investigating.

Deepblue

#00274 - Swiss Vehicle (SD1-1/63)
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi @PBD, I have looked at all the shields on the underbody and also found one that makes noise by vibrating in contact with the lower sheet metal protection (black part). I have adjusted it slightly and will do another test drive. The shield at the very back of the rear is also not sufficiently fixed in my view. Nothing has been forgotten. But fixing it in 2 more places would have been good. It can swing well. But I have tried to bend it in such a way that it does not touch other parts. Let`s see.View attachment 7814871View attachment 7814872
Hi @rovie all shiny under you car - is it new or did you cleaned it so neatly after first drives? 😉

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi @rovie all shiny under you car - is it new or did you cleaned it so neatly after first drives? 😉
It hasn't rained in our country since I got it. The soil in the fields and forests is dry as dust. Sometimes I think it must be the same in Arizona (I salute you there!). Besides, I don't even have 2k on the clock yet. All that has accumulated on the subsoil was dusty soil and pollen and blades of grass. I thoroughly hosed down the underbody with a jet of water. By the way, I don't normally use a pressure washer (only when really necessary) because my vehicles are waxed. The dirt does not seem to stick to this wax. I had the waxing done before delivery.

Gwynne

Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
It hasn't rained in our country since I got it. The soil in the fields and forests is dry as dust. Sometimes I think it must be the same in Arizona (I salute you there!). Besides, I don't even have 2k on the clock yet. All that has accumulated on the subsoil was dusty soil and pollen and blades of grass. I thoroughly hosed down the underbody with a jet of water. By the way, I don't normally use a pressure washer (only when really necessary) because my vehicles are waxed. The dirt does not seem to stick to this wax. I had the waxing done before delivery.

Gwynne

Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Interesting and thanks for sharing. What make or brand of wax did you go for? Would you recommend it and is it really necessary or advisable on the IG?

Reactions: Max

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Interesting and thanks for sharing. What make or brand of wax did you go for? Would you recommend it and is it really necessary or advisable on the IG?
Hi @Gwynne,
I had the IG waxed with TimeMAX.. It is from the same "inventor" as Mike Sanders. A kind of further development. Compared to my previous vehicles, it is not so sticky, so it is still fun to work on the car. And all corners and cavities are well waxed.
I had my Defender waxed in England by Chris from Before'n'after. At that time still in Newbury, now in Rugby. It was also very good, but smelled extremely for a long time and was very sticky. I treated my Disco 2 myself with Waxoyl. Also good, but also very sticky.

I have seen the Grenadier before. There are parts and surfaces that, in my view, are not protected well or at all. Corrosion would not completely destroy the vehicle over the next few years, but the surfaces would be attacked. Especially here in winter with lots of salt. I would definitely recommend it. And if so, then directly after delivery.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi @Gwynne,
I had the IG waxed with TimeMAX.. It is from the same "inventor" as Mike Sanders. A kind of further development. Compared to my previous vehicles, it is not so sticky, so it is still fun to work on the car. And all corners and cavities are well waxed.
I had my Defender waxed in England by Chris from Before'n'after. At that time still in Newbury, now in Rugby. It was also very good, but smelled extremely for a long time and was very sticky. I treated my Disco 2 myself with Waxoyl. Also good, but also very sticky.

I have seen the Grenadier before. There are parts and surfaces that, in my view, are not protected well or at all. Corrosion would not completely destroy the vehicle over the next few years, but the surfaces would be attacked. Especially here in winter with lots of salt. I would definitely recommend it. And if so, then directly after delivery.
Tks Rovie,

One of these?

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Tks Rovie,

One of these?

Yes. Have a look at the homepage: https://timemax.de/
There is also a YouTube -Video included.
If you want to buy it, I would first use the contact on the homepage.
I know Limora well. I have already bought here several times. But from my point of view, they are more in the high-price segment.

PC01

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Review after 3 weeks of ownership, covering some 2,500 miles, across 5 countries (UK, France, Switzerland, Germany, Italy), over peaks of 2,200m high and over some pretty rough steep terrain, whilst towing a 1.7 ton expedition trailer.
I got the chance to weigh the car and trailer (both fully loaded) on a weigh bridge and it came in at 4,700kg.
This was generally the laden weight for the whole journey although the trailer carries 130 litres of water and a declining wine store might have lowered it on parts of the journey, but that was generally the norm.

I would firstly start by saying the vehicle overall, is everything it should be and more, and i am delighted with it.
My normal drive would have been in a modified 110 Defender and it would beat it by a country mile.
Motorway driving at 70 mph is a dream and i would compare it to towing with my Disco 4, effortless.
Acceleration, particularly between 40mph and 70mph, even up long inclines, is impressive.
A well balanced load just sits behind and is easy to forget it is there.
We towed in low ratio up some very steep, off road tracks, gravel and mud, to peaks of over 2,200m effortlessly. So effortlessly i only locked the centre diff a few times and had no need to lock the front or rear.
The torque in the 3LT diesel, power distribution, grip is just superb for a heavy vehicle.
I have the the 18” BFG AT’s and would consider my usual BFG MT’s if going into muddier conditions.
Putting the box from high to low and to diff lock and off became less stiff and assume like most things, it improved with use.
A lot has been made of the steering and foot rest positioning but in my experience it is a total non issue, even over long distances.
The seating is generally extremely comfortable although the only thing i would criticise it on is not having an adjustable lumbar support. On some days we covered some 500 miles and it is only on these trips would i say i would have liked more support.
Our overall fuel consumption on the whole trip was 20.2 mpg (uk gallons) or 14.1 litres per 100km. I would stress the load and terrain we covered would have severely hampered this and will be monitoring it over more normal conditions.
Ad blue consumption was probably about 8 to 10 litres but didn’t monitor properly.

On to some of the not so good points which are generally all electrical glitches: -

Twice it failed to select reverse and once drive after stopping into park. Both times it corrected after switching off and on again.
Whilst the expedition trailer has P/V charging, I would normally charge the 2 x 100 amp lithium iron batteries on the road through a DC/DC charger at a rate of 30 A/H, powered from the car. The NATO hitch plug should do this easily and whilst i could get it to engage and charge a few times, it generally after a short time travelling clicked out the relay and showed the fault of “power socket shutdown” - very annoying!
The apple car play disengaged for no reason on a number of occasions. A few times i was able to reconnect but at least twice i had to delete the device and reconnect. It doesn’t like the connected device to walk away from the car whilst connected.
The parking sensors have a mind of their own and i got into the habit of switching them off before i set off.
The seat belt warnings on occasions kept going despite the two occupied front seat belts done up and even the empty rears done up. Again having to switch ignition off and on to solve. Off road button didn’t resolve the seat belt warning either.
Trailer light fault warning was virtually continuous despite the lights testing fine.
The drivers air bag sign is constantly on and not sure what this means. Really need to look into this a little more.
TPMS, climate control, power steering, gearbox in N despite in D, and numerous other warnings were pretty much continuous.
The power “on” switch in the overhead panel only leaves the rear seat plugs live and not the front cubby box whilst car switched off. I need to look into this as i think this is wrong.
The altimeter and compass are unreliable.

One point i would make is having been back for a few days i have not had a single warning up??

The steering wheel is probably 4 or 5 degrees off centre, to the right.
One of the rubber roof bars was missing on hand over.
Still not got the roof rack or rear table.

Oh and one further point being i managed to crack the windscreen. Will be interesting to ring my insurance company to find out how long it will take them to get a new screen.

Still love the car and will continue to rave about it, hoping the next software update will solve the above issues.

A couple of photos: -
1686164829110.jpeg
1686164862657.jpeg

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Review after 3 weeks of ownership, covering some 2,500 miles, across 5 countries (UK, France, Switzerland, Germany, Italy), over peaks of 2,200m high and over some pretty rough steep terrain, whilst towing a 1.7 ton expedition trailer.
I got the chance to weigh the car and trailer (both fully loaded) on a weigh bridge and it came in at 4,700kg.
This was generally the laden weight for the whole journey although the trailer carries 130 litres of water and a declining wine store might have lowered it on parts of the journey, but that was generally the norm.

I would firstly start by saying the vehicle overall, is everything it should be and more, and i am delighted with it.
My normal drive would have been in a modified 110 Defender and it would beat it by a country mile.
Motorway driving at 70 mph is a dream and i would compare it to towing with my Disco 4, effortless.
Acceleration, particularly between 40mph and 70mph, even up long inclines, is impressive.
We towed in low ratio up some very steep, off road tracks, gravel and mud, to peaks of over 2,200m effortlessly. So effortlessly i only locked the centre diff a few times and had no need to lock the front or rear.
The torque in the 3LT diesel, power distribution, grip is just superb for a heavy vehicle.
I have the the 18” BFG AT’s and would consider my usual BFG MT’s if going into muddier conditions.
Putting the box from high to low and to diff lock and off became less stiff and assume like most things, it improved with use.
A lot has been made of the steering and foot rest positioning but in my experience it is a total non issue, even over long distances.
The seating is generally extremely comfortable although the only thing i would criticise it on is not having an adjustable lumbar support. On some days we covered some 500 miles and it is only on these trips would i say i would have liked more support.
Our overall fuel consumption on the whole trip was 20.2 mpg (uk gallons) or 14.1 litres per 100km. I would stress the load and terrain we covered would have severely hampered this and will be monitoring it over more normal conditions.
Ad blue consumption was probably about 8 to 10 litres but didn’t monitor properly.

On to some of the not so good points which are generally all electrical glitches: -

Twice it failed to select reverse and once drive after stopping into park. Both times it corrected after switching off and on again.
Whilst the expedition trailer has P/V charging, I would normally charge the 2 x 100 amp lithium iron batteries on the road through a DC/DC charger at a rate of 30 A/H, powered from the car. The NATO hitch plug should do this easily and whilst i could get it to engage and charge a few times, it generally after a short time travelling clicked out the relay and showed the fault of “power socket shutdown” - very annoying!
The apple car play disengaged for no reason on a number of occasions. A few times i was able to reconnect but at least twice i had to delete the device and reconnect. It doesn’t like the connected device to walk away from the car whilst connected.
The parking sensors have a mind of their own and i got into the habit of switching them off before i set off.
The seat belt warnings on occasions kept going despite the two occupied front seat belts done up and even the empty rears done up. Again having to switch ignition off and on to solve. Off road button didn’t resolve the seat belt warning either.
Trailer light fault warning was virtually continuous despite the lights testing fine.
The drivers air bag sign is constantly on and not sure what this means. Really need to look into this a little more.
TPMS, climate control, power steering, gearbox in N despite in D, and numerous other warnings were pretty much continuous.
The power “on” switch in the overhead panel only leaves the rear seat plugs live and not the front cubby box whilst car switched off. I need to look into this as i think this is wrong.

One point i would make is having been back for a few days i have not had a single warning up??

Oh and one further point being i managed to crack the windscreen. Will be interesting to ring my insurance company to find out how long it will take them to get a new screen.

Still love the car and will continue to rave about it, hoping the next software update will solve the above issues.

View attachment 7815261
View attachment 7815262
Thanks for the nice travel log.
Just für the power in the cubbybox, I have the same issue with the power can’t be switched on with ignition switched off. The rear sockets work with the power switch on.
Others reported the same problem but one forum member said that his sockets all work…

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

View attachment 7815261
View attachment 7815262
Great review. Thankyou. I’ve had the issue o
twice of not being able to engage drive or reverse, quite disconcerting I found! Let’s hope a software fix will come soon as this won’t do Ineos any favours if more motoring journalists get hold of it and have similar issues. Ineos have not considered owners using the NATO plug for any use other than short term use of the rear winch maybe ? Agreed a great vehicle to drive and plenty powerful enough for me.

PC01

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks for the nice travel log.
Just für the power in the cubbybox, I have the same issue with the power can’t be switched on with ignition switched off. The rear sockets work with the power switch on.
Others reported the same problem but one forum member said that his sockets all work…
Im hoping it is a simple unplug and swap cables somewhere in the loom.
I am sure it is incorrect and all internal power sockets should stay live when ignition off but switched on.
At some point i need to check the fuses to each socket / outlet to understand what is going on.
Hopefully in on Friday for software update.

Back
Top Bottom