The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

So where are all the first impressions? (right here)

PC01

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:27 PM
Reaction score
Getting the socket to work at all is a plus. I take it you have the integrated winch fitted?

Seems there's a few reporting g this, always to the right if I recall.

The 4 main longitudinal strips?
If so, do you have a photo? Interested to see the fixings.

The wording maybe suggests driver error, can you expand ~ looking to rule out thin/fragile/stressed glass as seems to be the case with new Defender.
Yes i have the integrated winch. The NATO socket initially didn't work, then somehow i got to work whilst in N, it will work for a while now in D but still clicks the relay off after a while.

I think you are right in terms of the steering wheel. The few i have heard about are all out to the right.

Photo of the roof strip missing below. I spotted this as soon as i got home and i dont believe it was ever fitted. I struggle to see how it left the factory, passed PDI and delivered but the dealer has the new one and i will be watching as it is fitted. It looks as though it simply slots over the roof screws??

In terms of the screen crack i believe it was a large stone hitting it and not a stress crack.

1686233196602.png

Local time
2:27 PM
Reaction score
Now if "QC" missed that, how careful do you think they are assembling and checking over these trucks??
If they miss that they wouldn't spot anything.
My feeling is they are just rushing these out the door to customers before they are really ready.
Im not sure I like the business model of just send out to the customer what we have and we will fix it later.

stuart1927

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:27 PM
Reaction score
2500km so far and still going all around Italy
Fuel Consumption with Roof Rack and RTT at 130km/h on the Italian Motorways: 14l per 100km; avg with City, country road and some faster Strade Statales: 12l per 100km.
Issues:
- Start/Stop hasn't worked a single time yet
- TPMS warns for "HIGH" Tire pressure, even when the pressure is too low
- Apple Carplay very often disconnects
- Water entry once Windshield left, didn't show up again
- Water entry once 3rd window on the right side, didn't show up again
- of course the well known electrical gremlins from time to time, which will be solved with the June/July software update
- Learning: wait 'til you hear the 3 bings after turning on ignition and you should have more or less zero gremlins. Seems the car needs to go through the startup without interruption by the driver.
- Motor: acceleration and drive feel along with the ZF 8 gear is a dream. Even on the smallest and steepest coastal roads the car always feels mega save and very sovereign
- Toot very helpful in Italy and not so disruptiveView attachment 7812950
- Conclusion: we just love the car!!! Period
You have the same RTT as me! Just waiting for delivery of the Grenadier here in New Zealand. What is your attachment solution for the ikamper? Roof bars or a rack? I couldn't tell from the photo? If roof bars ...how many? Thanks!

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Made an enquiry re the faults on the displays allegedly waiting for an update. Fact: if any of the safety warnings show up on a test, in my case, air bags and seat belts, immediate MOT failure!
Anyone ever been able to get an engine oil reading from the computer yet?

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:27 PM
Reaction score
Yes i have the integrated winch. The NATO socket initially didn't work, then somehow i got to work whilst in N, it will work for a while now in D but still clicks the relay off after a while.

I think you are right in terms of the steering wheel. The few i have heard about are all out to the right.

Photo of the roof strip missing below. I spotted this as soon as i got home and i dont believe it was ever fitted. I struggle to see how it left the factory, passed PDI and delivered but the dealer has the new one and i will be watching as it is fitted. It looks as though it simply slots over the roof screws??

In terms of the screen crack i believe it was a large stone hitting it and not a stress crack.

View attachment 7815363
That is a really cheap system to fix those rails :unsure: :mad:

Wilaspira

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Made an enquiry re the faults on the displays allegedly waiting for an update. Fact: if any of the safety warnings show up on a test, in my case, air bags and seat belts, immediate MOT failure!
Yes I have - have a look for engine oil thread (“Oil check” I think is the thread)

Reactions: PBD

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Some VHB tape should do the trick. Should have been done in Hambach though!
I looks like those stand up bolts that the plastic/rubber strips fit or slide on at the roof may need a wee bit of caulking around them to prevent water getting in and staining your headliner. Here's a link to the photo above at post # 863 by Paul Cooper. Worth a closer look. DaBull

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
That's very interesting. Only photos from the factory have not been great quality and made these look like studs rather than your Torx screws.

I'd love to see photos of the underside of the rail before it's fitted and hope you can update us with how it fits. There's quite a bit of lateral movement in mine but that may be at the max distance between those screws.

Thanks for the other answers also. Especially the glass.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Now if "QC" missed that, how careful do you think they are assembling and checking over these trucks??
If they miss that they wouldn't spot anything.
My feeling is they are just rushing these out the door to customers before they are really ready.
Im not sure I like the business model of just send out to the customer what we have and we will fix it later.
It's hard for us to know, although Ineos will with each vehicle being photo'd multiple times with the DeGould digital vehicle inspection system:

But I'm wondering if it's not been fitted tight to the roof and possibly blown off on the transporter?

Certainly a PDI fail.

I also wonder how many have read these posts and made a mental note to check their roof tomorrow - there could be a run on stocks of spare roof rails, so get in early...

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
That is a really cheap system to fix those rails :unsure: :mad:
There's got to be an intermediate spacer/clip missing?

Even saying that the system is pretty tat and the materials used very poor. I contrast it with the standard fixing arrangement and materials used in the door bump strips which look premium. I wonder if bits for the roof were value engineered because they are just not as visible?

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

View attachment 7815363
It is interesting to hear that the steering issue is all one way...I bought a Nissan MQ Patrol new many moons ago and had a similar issue, and the tyre wear was not going well...the remark from the tyre guys was their belief in RHD versus LHD camber setup?...interesting...adjustments and new tyres, centre the steering wheel, I was ready to go, all on warranty fortunately.

I have just replaced a windscreen on my Peugeot Partner due to a crack that started from a stone or whatever hitting right on the edge of the glass, I never picked up on it. The windscreen people said it is common and can't be repaired successfully...I would be interested the see if you, like me had this little shatter on the edge of your screen...thank you for sharing your first Grenadier thoughts and adventure, brilliant.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It's hard for us to know, although Ineos will with each vehicle being photo'd multiple times with the DeGould digital vehicle inspection system:

But I'm wondering if it's not been fitted tight to the roof and possibly blown off on the transporter?

Certainly a PDI fail.

I also wonder how many have read these posts and made a mental note to check their roof tomorrow - there could be a run on stocks of spare roof rails, so get in early...
Hi DCPU and Paul Cooper, When I did my prototype test drive in Los Angeles, I checked out the 4 roof top rails. It was apparent that they were not solid rubber and felt more like high density Polyethylene, which is a plastic. They would flex if pinched and were not adhered directly to the roof their whole length. If securing anything directly on top of them, you need to make sure it is secured very well as the strips being plastic are slippery. The plastic is easier to slide things up onto the rails and may last longer than rubber exposed to the sun, however as mentioned it is slippery. DaBull

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi DCPU and Paul Cooper, When I did my prototype test drive in Los Angeles, I checked out the 4 roof top rails. It was apparent that they were not solid rubber and felt more like high density Polyethylene, which is a plastic. They would flex if pinched and were not adhered directly to the roof their whole length. If securing anything directly on top of them, you need to make sure it is secured very well as the strips being plastic are slippery. The plastic is easier to slide things up onto the rails and may last longer than rubber exposed to the sun, however as mentioned it is slippery. DaBull
I am with you on the roof rails and have had a search...wow! the number of racks that are available is countless...I posted this just to show what is out there...cheers

Attachments

• 61Dry2IfIXL.jpg
    61Dry2IfIXL.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 50
Local time
5:27 AM
Reaction score

View attachment 7815363

Umm, with all the waiting, impressions glitches and unacceptable build quality are we all being turned into pale imitations of Victor Meldrew?

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Just to add a further one of mine.

I'd seen it a few weeks ago and decided to ignore it, hoping it would either fix itself or I'd forget it was there and so it becomes a non-problem. However, spending a bit of time leaning on the wing top, pulling the airbox out, the uneven gash was rudely flashing at me in the sunlight...

WP_20230608_120.jpg

And a more neatly aligned gash of the opposite side:
WP_20230608_121.jpg

Beormund

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

I'd seen it a few weeks ago and decided to ignore it, hoping it would either fix itself or I'd forget it was there and so it becomes a non-problem. However, spending a bit of time leaning on the wing top, pulling the airbox out, the uneven gash was rudely flashing at me in the sunlight...

View attachment 7815576

View attachment 7815577
Yeah, that would kick off my OCD as well. Have you sent a pic of this to your agent?

Local time
Reaction score
Yes it says road. level is ok but off road is low .5L perhaps

View attachment 7815576

View attachment 7815577
Uneven Gash the best moment of the day so far.

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Is anyone’s rear plastic internal grey door trim warped? There are gaps on both sides of mine and I’ve tried tightening the screws but the plastic or holes seems not to be aligned. Overall solid car but the plastics seems to be bit shoddy.

Is it fit for purpose or should I bring it up with my dealers.

Back
Top Bottom