The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

So there is or is not 2000w available?

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:59 PM
Reaction score
Someone that knows the answer as a fact please tell me what wattage I can pull from this outlet.

434142437_10108782696412873_5457809822765600319_n.jpg

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:59 AM
Reaction score
Someone that knows the answer as a fact please tell me what wattage I can pull from this outlet.

View attachment 7849869
It depends on what type of load it is you are trying to run.
Watts is a poor term to use on AC circuits
That is also very poorly labelled.
They have stated 120 Volts at 20 Amps which would imply 2,400 VA or watts if it was a purely resistive load or at unity power factor.
Very few loads meet that criteria so I assume they have been cautious and said 2,000 watts as a max

No idea what the 0.4 kw max means.
I would have guessed that is either a no load power consumption or a minimum allowable load.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have been told that a 1900w battery charger can run off of that outlet, which would mean 2kw, not 0.4kw. But, you asked for confirmation, I can't give that 100%

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It depends on what type of load it is you are trying to run.
Watts is a poor term to use on AC circuits
That is also very poorly labelled.
They have stated 120 Volts at 20 Amps which would imply 2,400 VA or watts if it was a purely resistive load or at unity power factor.
Very few loads meet that criteria so I assume they have been cautious and said 2,000 watts as a max

No idea what the 0.4 kw max means.
I would have guessed that is either a no load power consumption or a minimum allowable load.
power takeoff was 400 watts. So .4kW. 2kW should mean the ability to plug in something with a max 20000w draw and run it. I do understand efficiencies and load times. This would say it's 80% efficient which isn't absurd.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
The owner's manual says
"The Power Inverter is rated to output 400Watts at its peak rate"

Lars

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:59 PM
Reaction score
I have been told that a 1900w battery charger can run off of that outlet, which would mean 2kw, not 0.4kw. But, you asked for confirmation, I can't give that 100%
Are you sure about that? That's not in the owner's manual (400W is). Where do you get your information?

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The owner's manual says
"The Power Inverter is rated to output 400Watts at its peak rate"
I know what's in the manual but if you look at the plug outlet in the picture it specifically says 2kw which is why I asked if anyone knows for a fact. So far zero people have.

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:59 PM
Reaction score
We are telling you, you just don't want to believe the Grenadier's AC outlet is rated for 400W and not 2000W. I guess I don't know what the picture is.
The question is, why does the AC outlet plug cover in his Grenadier say 0.2 kW max and 0.4 kW max. The picture he took is from the outlet in the cargo area I believe, why does the cover give 2 max numbers?

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
If your dealer doesn't know , ask IA via their help line.
It might take a while.
The inverter should come with a manual. I presume it is branded? Look up the documentation for the brand/model online.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
9:59 PM
Reaction score
2kW should mean the ability to plug in something with a max 20000w draw and run it
A typo, I guess: 2kW is 2000 Watts not 20000 Watts.

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
We are telling you, you just don't want to believe the Grenadier's AC outlet is rated for 400W and not 2000W. I guess I don't know what the picture is.
If you don’t know what the picture is and all you’re doing is saying what the manual says then you aren’t telling g me anything from a position of first hand knowledge which was why I came here and specifically asked for that in the original post. I know what the manual says and if again, I took a photo of the plug itself that is clearly labeled otherwise. In big bold it says 120/20A. That’s 2400watts. The manual mentions 400w (that’s labeled on the socket as well) which leaves 2000w (which is also labeled on the socket).

No offense to everyone but it was pretty clear I’m asking for someone that has first hand knowledge and so far it’s been at best people pointing to a book in my glove box. I was hoping to avoid that.

Last edited:

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
No offense but this isn’t a debate topic. I posted a photo of the outlet. It’s shows 2000w. I asked if anyone has first hand factual knowledge. If you knew you didn’t have then why is everyone ignoring the original posts and chiming in? I don’t care what the manual says I care about the labeled outlet I put a photo of.
I am used to figuring stuff out myself. Sorry for being so self sufficient. It has served me well in the wilds of Tasmania ;)
Post a pic of the inverter; the Australian Grenadier isn't lucky enough to have one , nor a subwoofer.

NoMoTaco

Global Grenadier 0742
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
IIRC the inverter is behind the boot panel on the driver side (panel with vent slots). It should be labeled with the specs to answer this question. I know it's pain in the ass to go to this length to find the answer, but I would also imagine someone on here has a photo of it kicking around here on the forum...anyone?....Bueller?....

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I am used to figuring stuff out myself. Sorry for being so self sufficient. It has served me well in the wilds of Tasmania ;)
Post a pic of the inverter; the Australian Grenadier isn't lucky enough to have one , nor a subwoofer.
I mean, I asked a specific question and you knew you didn’t know the answer but here we are going circles for nothing. Welcome to the internet I guess. You don’t have the option and are giving me advice about documentation that doesn’t exists. Let’s just wait for someone that knows the answer to respond instead. This isn’t self sufficiency.

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
IIRC the inverter is behind the boot panel on the driver side (panel with vent slots). It should be labeled with the specs to answer this question. I know it's pain in the ass to go to this length to find the answer, but I would also imagine someone on here has a photo of it kicking around here on the forum...anyone?....Bueller?....
The photo is of the panel with the socket. That’s all that’s labeled on it.

Back
Top Bottom