The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Side mirror blind spot warning upgrade?

SkiBum1

GG-4567
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:00 PM
Reaction score
I test drove the grenadier today. Mine is coming in a month. I was disappointed to find that the side mirrors don’t have a blond spot warning light or beep function. This has been quite important for safety changing lanes in busy Chicago and other traffic areas? Is there an after market solution available? Has anyone installed this?

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
2:00 PM
Reaction score
I was disappointed to find that the side mirrors don’t have a blond spot warning light
Ginger Baker was also disappointed by the lack of such a mirror on his Jensen Interceptor
I was back on the road and driving through the Atlas Mountains at high speed by about 9am when I saw a very beautiful chick walking along the the side of the road. I think I spent a bit too long looking at her, because all of a sudden I came to this huge S-bend with a massive drop off the side of the mountain. I managed to do a 180-degree turn and park the Jensen on an olive tree about ten feet down the cliff.

SkiBum1

GG-4567
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:00 PM
Reaction score
Ginger Baker was also disappointed by the lack of such a mirror on his Jensen Interceptor
I was back on the road and driving through the Atlas Mountains at high speed by about 9am when I saw a very beautiful chick walking along the the side of the road. I think I spent a bit too long looking at her, because all of a sudden I came to this huge S-bend with a massive drop off the side of the mountain. I managed to do a 180-degree turn and park the Jensen on an olive tree about ten feet down the cliff.
I love it!

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I test drove the grenadier today. Mine is coming in a month. I was disappointed to find that the side mirrors don’t have a blond spot warning light or beep function. This has been quite important for safety changing lanes in busy Chicago and other traffic areas? Is there an after market solution available? Has anyone installed this?
If its a big issue for you, wait a year, it wont be long before it’s compulsory for all manufacturers. Ineos have been pretty clear that they aim to leave off tech that they are not required to add.

holdmybeer

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:00 PM
Reaction score
I drive in city traffic every day. In a city with notably shitty and unpredictable drivers. Shoulder check, shoulder check, shoulder check. There's no replacement. If you have a regular mirror plus a shoulder check, what are these mirror aids adding?

Corollary: If you're changing lanes without a shoulder check, trusting just the mirror plus the sensor ... well, f**k you. That's the lazy, undisciplined behaviour standardizing these drivers aids will encourage. I'll speak for myself... when I drive cars with this mirror aid, I find myself kinda wanting to trust it enough to save a shoulder-check. I don't succumb but I see the temptation. So speaking for myself ... meh, I'm better off without the mirror aids. <old luddite rant off/>

Last edited:

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I will miss the tow mirrors on my F150, it has the convex blindspots mirrors built in. I still don't trust the blind spot monitors on our Subaru. Maybe, somebody after market will come up with a suitable set of extending tow mirrors.

GrumpyBastard

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:00 AM
Reaction score
How am I supposed to look all around while I’m busy making a video for the ‘gram regarding my reaction to last night’s episode of the Bachelor whilst simultaneously smoking weed and taking inappropriate pictures of body parts? Come on!

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
How am I supposed to look all around while I’m busy making a video for the ‘gram regarding my reaction to last night’s episode of the Bachelor whilst simultaneously smoking weed and taking inappropriate pictures of body parts? Come on!
Probably should make sure you have snacks on hand to go with the weed, is it possible to steer the Gren with your knee?

GrumpyBastard

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:00 AM
Reaction score
Probably should make sure you have snacks on hand to go with the weed, is it possible to steer the Gren with your
I don’t have the luxury of being able to partake in my state’s chosen liberties. However, those that do are usually going 45 on a 65, so, you know… they’re not the ones cutting you off.

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Probably should make sure you have snacks on hand to go with the weed, is it possible to steer the Gren with your knee?
Your knee driving technique does need to be rather advanced in the Grenadier, more active than other motors.

OGrid

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve found the ability to knee steer on this vehicle rather difficult, as I’ve positioned the steering wheel high and the wheel’s on the smaller side.

Not too mention the drift/play that @Shopkeep alludes to which is present.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:00 AM
Reaction score
You'd have read this link then?
https://www.jensenmuseum.org/ginger-bakers-wild-jensen-days/

Sorry can't help with the blind spot. IMO there is no driver side blind spot ; a look in the side mirror and just a quick glance over my shoulder and I can see everything on that side.
I think you could manage to fix this issue using a rear view mirror dashcam. Not sure if it’s Wolfbox or one of the other brands that offers blind spot monitoring. Saw it on YouTube. I have the Wolfbox 9000 in my Grenadier and very happy with the improved rear vision

BillyBunter

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I drive in city traffic every day. In a city with notably shitty and unpredictable drivers. Shoulder check, shoulder check, shoulder check. There's no replacement. If you have a regular mirror plus a shoulder check, what are these mirror aids adding?

Corollary: If you're changing lanes without a shoulder check, trusting just the mirror plus the sensor ... well, f**k you. That's the lazy, undisciplined behaviour standardizing these drivers aids will encourage. I'll speak for myself... when I drive cars with this mirror aid, I find myself kinda wanting to trust it enough to save a shoulder-check. I don't succumb but I see the temptation. So speaking for myself ... meh, I'm better off without the mirror aids. <old luddite rant off/>
If anyone has every ridden a motorbike you will be very familiar with the shoulder check. Commonly called a "lifesaver" in the UK. It becomes second nature even when driving a car.

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am SURE that Ineos can create a chime, click and/or chirp to warn you of anything in the blindspot or not. If you just exceed the speed limit by 1 mph - you'll have all the alerts you need.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If anyone has every ridden a motorbike you will be very familiar with the shoulder check. Commonly called a "lifesaver" in the UK. It becomes second nature even when driving a car.
Always on a bike but hardly ever in a car. Guess it's having driven commercials vehicles with very little scope over the shoulder. I lean forward and down towards the wing mirror to eliminate blind spots when manoeuvring. Works for me, maybe not natural/practical for others.

Back
Top Bottom