The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Blind spot mirror

hoohoohama

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:40 PM
Reaction score
Anyone planning to attach blind spot mirrors? There is a rather large blind spot on the driver side, wondering if anyone is planning to install aftermarket blind spot monitors or just stick a blind spot mirror?

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:40 AM
Reaction score
Anyone planning to attach blind spot mirrors? There is a rather large blind spot on the driver side, wondering if anyone is planning to install aftermarket blind spot monitors or just stick a blind spot mirror?
Hi hoohoohama, I have attached round 2" blind spot mirrors on both drivers and passenger side mirrors for years and find them invaluable. They have kept me from making many ill-timed lane changes and perhaps a couple accidents. They take a little while to get used too, however after using them for years, I cannot go without them.
I personally like to mount them along the bottom as far out on the mirror as I can as that allows me to catch more vehicles in my blind spot. They typically come with and attach with double sided tape. It you ever need to remove them, just get some fishing line and work it back and forth behind the mirror and then clean up any residue with thinner or perhaps acetone. Just don't get any thinner or acetone on any plastics. DaBull

Ovrland Bill

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I find that, if I adjust the left outside mirror “outwards” (away from the driver), I can all but eliminate a ‘blind spot’ to the left of the vehicle (left hand drive cars). Also, if I then lean my head further to the left I can begin to see at least part of cars directly behind the Grenadier. Are these the blind spots you are referring to?

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I find that, if I adjust the left outside mirror “outwards” (away from the driver), I can all but eliminate a ‘blind spot’ to the left of the vehicle (left hand drive cars). Also, if I then lean my head further to the left I can begin to see at least part of cars directly behind the Grenadier. Are these the blind spots you are referring to?
The reason I use the 2" round convex mirror is to catch cars that are just behind the B pillar that sometimes are not visible in the normal mirror.
It's amazing how a large car or small motorcycle can be right next to you and you cannot see it. They are just a few dollars at most auto supply stores and on the web.
I recommend buying a pair and just using some scotch tape double up at the back of the mirror to temporarily put them on the mirror in order to see how you like them and where you like them best. Don't take them on too long of a test drive or they might pop off until you use the double sided auto foam tape that is already attached to the back.
I highly recommend them. DaBull

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, but the blind spot is bigger than you describe. I have my mirror set similar to you, and it runs out of range (actually hits the plastic frame) before I can set it where I would like.

hoohoohama

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thank you all for your inputs, perhaps it depends on my seating position, I do feel there is a rather large blind spot and I had to lean forward quite a bit to avoid the b-pillar. Will try out those convex mirrors as suggested by @DaBull. Thanks again for all the detailed information.

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:40 AM
Reaction score
Maybe we can get this company to make one for our Grens.

BillLumberg

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
11:40 AM
Reaction score
Maybe we can get this company to make one for our Grens.

Sent them an email asking if they have plans for the Gren. Really would like an integrated solution.

255/85

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I like a slightly convex mirror on the passenger side mirror. Pretty much what the linked company above is giving you. No need on the driver's side. Turning my head to check is so ingrained into my neurons I'll be doing it when they lower me down.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:40 PM
Reaction score
Same as mine, I am in the UK, RHD!
It must be my height (5' 6") and seat settings, but I don't have any issue with the door mirror. Albeit it is a its closest to the door position so I can see why anybody taller than me ( that's everybody) would struggle

Last edited:

JohnHeagney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:40 PM
Reaction score
It must be my height (5' 6") and seat settings, but I don't have any issue with the door mirror. Albeit it is a its closest to the door position so I can see why anybody taller than me ( that's everybody) would struggle
Yes, I think you are correct on the height issue.

Back
Top Bottom