The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sick of waiting

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:43 PM
Reaction score
And above all, don't bug your dealers and the guys at INEOS. Even if the communication is not what you would like it to be. They have their hands full at the moment.
You'll have to explain exactly what you think all the customer-facing staff have their hands full of at the moment...

simonpa

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:43 PM
Reaction score
Apologies if this is the wrong thread BUT...................it's a small world amongst Grenadiers and prospective / devoted owners.
40 minutes ago spotted LL23 EXG ( the first UK released vehicle ) in B & Q car park at Farnborough Hampshire. Alas wasn't
able to speak to driver as he was on way out of car park but vehicle looked fantastic and he very happy - and so he should.
This was my local area and I'm hopeful at collecting my vehicle soon as it's arrived at Endeavour already.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You'll have to explain exactly what you think all the customer-facing staff have their hands full of at the moment...
I think the contact persons in first level support have to communicate with many customers and tell them that there are delays without being allowed to go into details. That is not easy for them. Therefore, these people should not be put on the spot in the first place.
The dealers are gradually getting the vehicles ready for delivery. In the process, software updates, among other things, have to be planned and carried out in close exchange INEOS with the dealers. And one or two retrofits also have to be carried out. The logistical effort for the subsequent delivery of parts should not be underestimated. I'm sure everyone is doing their best and is happy when the deliveries run smoothly. We as customers can support this by remaining calm and waiting. We will all get our vehicles. And it really won't be long now. I believe in that.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think the contact persons in first level support have to communicate with many customers and tell them that there are delays without being allowed to go into details. That is not easy for them. Therefore, these people should not be put on the spot in the first place.
The dealers are gradually getting the vehicles ready for delivery. In the process, software updates, among other things, have to be planned and carried out in close exchange INEOS with the dealers. And one or two retrofits also have to be carried out. The logistical effort for the subsequent delivery of parts should not be underestimated. I'm sure everyone is doing their best and is happy when the deliveries run smoothly. We as customers can support this by remaining calm and waiting. We will all get our vehicles. And it really won't be long now. I believe in that.
well said sir!

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Now that the IG's have been officially launched (allegedly)i wonder how long before one of the many motor shows/mags put it head to head with the old and new Defender ??

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I think the contact persons in first level support have to communicate with many customers and tell them that there are delays without being allowed to go into details.
Are you saying that they are doing this? I've a signed contract for delivery before 1st Feb - and not a single person from Ineos first level support has ever contacted me to tell me about any delay.

It's fine to be patient but let's not pretend they are busy doing things they aren't...

That is not easy for them. Therefore, these people should not be put on the spot in the first place.
Then perhaps they should be getting better information from further up the chain? i think you have to question who is making their position hard - management or customers?

I hope you see the paradox in that most of the information gleamed for you to make this statement has come from people doing the opposite to that you have said and sharing it in public forums.

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
7:43 PM
Reaction score
Told my children that they have to be patient. The Easter bunny still needs a flash update but might be ready to come in August. Just frowned, them ungrateful beings. Happy Easter everyone!

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Even my 10 year old daughter is sick of waiting and gave me these as an Easter present:
View attachment 7808086

So after the initial videos from Ineos showing “your vehicle” going across some rough ground, I see they have had to cut back and now sending artists impressions of what your vehicle will look like.

Good to see you went straight for the 42” wheel upgrade on yours. 😂

(I live with the thought your daughter actually framed this for her father as well, a lovely gesture none the less)

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:43 PM
Reaction score
Are you saying that they are doing this? I've a signed contract for delivery before 1st Feb - and not a single person from Ineos first level support has ever contacted me to tell me about any delay.

It's fine to be patient but let's not pretend they are busy doing things they aren't...

Then perhaps they should be getting better information from further up the chain? i think you have to question who is making their position hard - management or customers?

I hope you see the paradox in that most of the information gleamed for you to make this statement has come from people doing the opposite to that you have said and sharing it in public forums.
I fully agree! Yesterday I wrote my first Mail to customer service with a bitter complaint that I do not get any information more than two months after the cars delivery date (regarding to my contract).
As I didn’t know the exact email address I took three I found.
At least I have two open tickets by now😀
I will see whether there will be at least one reliable answer.
If I wouldn’t have the information from this forum I probably would have cancelled my order by now!

Local time
Reaction score
I'm like you, a relatively late order with a going into build in February 23. I was informed that this was slipped so build date May 23. But we are now running 6 months behind on promises, so unless they get their act a lot slicker then this knock on is going to affect all future deliveries for this year. But I can't complain until my going into date is missed.
Eric, when did you order? I ordered on day 1 (18th May 22) and haven't even seen a contract yet. Ineos can't even give me a rough estimate of a build date. I'm beyond bored of the lack of information.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Australians don't have any delivered vehicles yet so we can ask away! But you might be right for the Europe releases.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
On the topic of "sick of waiting," I have to admit that despite being a year out (at best), I have genuine anxiety already - no clue if or how I'm going to make it.
I’m not a big caffeine guy, but I gave up soda for Lent. Had two large bottles of Coca Cola today and am jittery as hell. And I want my Grenadier even more now. Bad combo.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:43 AM
Reaction score
Eric, when did you order? I ordered on day 1 (18th May 22) and haven't even seen a contract yet. Ineos can't even give me a rough estimate of a build date. I'm beyond bored of the lack of information.
That seems very odd to me as there are heaps of deposit holders who first ordered in late May & June - so like + weeks later than you who have received contracts. Maybe you have a specific options list where certain parts sim[ply are not available

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
That seems very odd to me as there are heaps of deposit holders who first ordered in late May & June - so like + weeks later than you who have received contracts. Maybe you have a specific options list where certain parts sim[ply are not available
I was advised by Ineos that vehicles are produced in order of Reservation not Order. You could have been the first person to pay the $5K deposit, but you might be 5,000 in the queue by reservation date.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I was advised by Ineos that vehicles are produced in order of Reservation not Order. You could have been the first person to pay the $5K deposit, but you might be 5,000 in the queue by reservation date.
That's not the info they put out in an email of 22nd April 2022; and it wouldn't allow for me being a relatively late reservation holder but having a chassis number in the first 3 digits.

"I’ve been following the Grenadier story since the beginning and was one of the first to place a reservation on 30th September last year. Can you confirm it’s still ‘first-come, first-served' now that you’re ready to take orders?

Absolutely, that’s still the case. We’re holding build slots for all reservists. ‘Hand raisers’ who placed their reservation between 30th September 2021 and 13th October 2021 will have priority access to the first batch of build slots. Those who placed their reservations after then will have priority access to the second batch of build slots.

Non-reservist orders will be allocated build slots after that. All build slots are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis within your priority group and will be held for around one month."

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I ordered August 22, originally advised build estimated February 23. Received email after they declared still have suppliers issues are now expecting delivery June - July 23. No contact yet and don't expect one till ready to go into build. Checked dealers IA, IT system still showing May 23 build. All spec still showing OK and as it is a Fieldmaster is still showing carpet flooring

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I can’t help thinking that many people who ordered Belstaff editions in the U.K. and possibly in the EU are going to have along wait. I have a good friend who has also ordered a Fieldmaster edition around the same time i ordered my two seat utility, again he’s had no contract or indication of when the vehicle may be built. Maybe Ineos have order numbers well over the 1700 passenger vehicles a year they are allowed to sell into the U.K. market. This is on top of any other software updates and parts shortages they may be having, is my thinking 🤔

Beormund

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I can’t help thinking that many people who ordered Belstaff editions in the U.K. and possibly in the EU are going to have along wait. I have a good friend who has also ordered a Fieldmaster edition around the same time i ordered my two seat utility, again he’s had no contract or indication of when the vehicle may be built. Maybe Ineos have order numbers well over the 1700 passenger vehicles a year they are allowed to sell into the U.K. market. This is on top of any other software updates and parts shortages they may be having, is my thinking 🤔
Mine is a Fieldmaster and is ready to be shipped to the UK.

Back
Top Bottom