The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sick of waiting

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:28 PM
Reaction score
I can’t help thinking that many people who ordered Belstaff editions in the U.K. and possibly in the EU are going to have along wait. I have a good friend who has also ordered a Fieldmaster edition around the same time i ordered my two seat utility, again he’s had no contract or indication of when the vehicle may be built. Maybe Ineos have order numbers well over the 1700 passenger vehicles a year they are allowed to sell into the U.K. market. This is on top of any other software updates and parts shortages they may be having, is my thinking 🤔
Mine is a Trialmaster. According to Ineos I was in the first 50 world wide to pay the registration fee. Mine arrived at JT Hughes last Monday 3rd April.

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
What sort of idiot system has a quota on what spec vehicle can be commercially sold within a market. You know, supply/ demand / economics and all that. Weird system you have.
It's not a mandated quota, but rather INEOS needs to be within these numbers to qualify as a small manufacturer, and avoid the draconian emissions rubbish that strangles everything over here.

They could sell more, but the B57 diesel would probably have to be replaced with a 1.5l petrol hybrid or something equally horrendous

Local time
6:28 PM
Reaction score
I was advised by Ineos that vehicles are produced in order of Reservation not Order. You could have been the first person to pay the $5K deposit, but you might be 5,000 in the queue by reservation date.
That's very interesting. I've been making this claim for a while now and it's been continually denied by Ineos.

The irony is that I would agree with a plan of giving first cars to early reservations (even though it would negatively impact me) but they have said it goes on order date. I suspect this explains a lot of the confusion with customers.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
That's very interesting. I've been making this claim for a while now and it's been continually denied by Ineos.

The irony is that I would agree with a plan of giving first cars to early reservations (even though it would negatively impact me) but they have said it goes on order date. I suspect this explains a lot of the confusion with customers.
In writing from IA to myself on 30th May 2022 (bold to confirm your reservation spot is held in queue) - in response to me questioning them about the reservation slots and this was further confirmed on 2nd June 2022 when payment was actually made on order - as it failed 200 times on multiple browsers/devices/different ISPs etc:

From IA:
We’re acutely aware of the frustration experienced through delays in placing orders. So what happened… firstly, despite global staging & time zone expectations, we had an extraordinary rush on the website as soon as it went live. The congestion put pressure on the website, although the new configurator performed well. The payment gateway is where we experienced the greatest challenge. For most customers, their orders transacted with ease. However, despite extensive pre-launch testing, for some, this wasn’t the case and caused great inconvenience. The majority of failed transactions were caused by security settings not accepting IP routing or time-outs in vendor communications. Furthermore, repeat efforts triggered defensive security blocks, which had to be cleared. Through updates with revised settings, we were able to fix these issues, and we witnessed another surge in orders. Naturally, we’re sorry to have caused such frustration & taint the experience for some. Rest assured, we have ringfenced production slots for early reservationists & once orders flow through, their place in the queue is upheld.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Eric, when did you order? I ordered on day 1 (18th May 22) and haven't even seen a contract yet. Ineos can't even give me a rough estimate of a build date. I'm beyond bored of the lack of information.
Did you also "Reserve" on day 1 in 2021 reservation openings? The reservation date SHOULD be the production order, not the 'Order' date in 2022. That is what I have in writing from INEOS and would explain why day 1 'Order' placements have NO news...

OGrid

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:28 AM
Reaction score
Did you also "Reserve" on day 1 in 2021 reservation openings? The reservation date SHOULD be the production order, not the 'Order' date in 2022. That is what I have in writing from INEOS and would explain why day 1 'Order' placements have NO news...
Yet I reserved on day 1, two weeks before public reservations opened, and my production month is currently May 2023. I’m not fussed mind you.

But it does show it’s all rather irrelevant…and IA is currently flying by the seat of their pants.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yet I reserved on day 1, two weeks before public reservations opened, and my production month is currently May 2023. I’m not fussed mind you.

But it does show it’s all rather irrelevant…and IA is currently flying by the seat of their pants.
Wow - that is not good for others though... if you are that far out with a day 1 reservation 'early', then we have a problem. Ah well. It is becoming very clear that what IA say and do are very different and that makes future trust (warranty period) something to be mindful of.

Arkaig

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Are you saying that they are doing this? I've a signed contract for delivery before 1st Feb - and not a single person from Ineos first level support has ever contacted me to tell me about any delay.

It's fine to be patient but let's not pretend they are busy doing things they aren't...

Then perhaps they should be getting better information from further up the chain? i think you have to question who is making their position hard - management or customers?

I hope you see the paradox in that most of the information gleamed for you to make this statement has come from people doing the opposite to that you have said and sharing it in public forums.
@DCPU - you’re absolutely right.

In the UK as of today with over 100+ customer cars parked up in storage at agents/dealers (some over 2 months) and only ONE known reported actual customer handover, it really is time to increase the pressure on IA through Customer Services and the Dealers to find out exactly why there is now such a TOTAL CLUSTERFUCK.
  • Communication with customers – real accurate and personalised to individual orders – has become a total farce to the point there is a serious credibility gap
  • Online customer accounts are too frequently totally inaccurate and poorly maintained – eg some nominally detailing in production even though no contract has been issued and the vehicle has already been produced and delivered to an agent
  • There seems to be an obvious deviance of information from the Hambach computer system to that of IA UK and the agent/dealer portal
  • Far too many contracts are wrong requiring revision, some multiple times
  • Agents/dealers are extremely enthusiastic about getting vehicles handed over to customers, yet are unable to do anything and remain totally tied to awaiting instructions from IA with vehicles in storage costing them money and increasing customer frustration
  • Very recently produced vehicles from Hambach now arriving at agent/dealers should only require PDI and registration prior to prompt customer handover
  • The software update has been finalised – it should not require the presence on-site of an IA techie (all day)– many agent/dealers have the required expertise and equipment to follow the software update procedure
  • Some earlier produced vehicles may require revision to brake and/or steering hose, towball, missing roofrack, or rubber sealing replacements around the safari windows – these should be easily identifiable via the VIN and IA UK need to ensure the relevant parts are readily available and supplied from the European Parts Depot in Belgium
  • IA UK in-house vehicle registrations seem to be a further cause for delay – many agent/dealers are already DVLA registered and well-used to the procedures – leave it them to deal with registrations
IA UK really must do better in open and honest customer communications and ensure the swift handover of vehicles to customers.

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

In the UK as of today with over 100+ customer cars parked up in storage at agents/dealers (some over 2 months) and only ONE known reported actual customer handover, it really is time to increase the pressure on IA through Customer Services and the Dealers to find out exactly why there is now such a TOTAL CLUSTERFUCK.
  • Communication with customers – real accurate and personalised to individual orders – has become a total farce to the point there is a serious credibility gap
  • Online customer accounts are too frequently totally inaccurate and poorly maintained – eg some nominally detailing in production even though no contract has been issued and the vehicle has already been produced and delivered to an agent
  • There seems to be an obvious deviance of information from the Hambach computer system to that of IA UK and the agent/dealer portal
  • Agents/dealers are extremely enthusiastic about getting vehicles handed over to customers, yet are unable to do anything and remain totally tied to awaiting instructions from IA with vehicles in storage costing them money and increasing customer frustration
  • Very recently produced vehicles from Hambach now arriving at agent/dealers should only require PDI and registration prior to prompt customer handover
  • The software update has been finalised – it should not require the presence on-site of an IA techie (all day)– many agent/dealers have the required expertise and equipment to follow the software update procedure
  • Some earlier produced vehicles may require revision to brake and/or steering hose, towball, missing roofrack, or rubber sealing replacements around the safari windows – these should be easily identifiable via the VIN and IA UK need to ensure the relevant parts are readily available and supplied from the European Parts Depot in Belgium
  • IA UK in-house vehicle registrations seem to be a further cause for delay – many agent/dealers are already DVLA registered and well-used to the procedures – leave it them to deal with registrations
IA UK really must do better in open and honest customer communications and ensure the swift handover of vehicles to customers.
I wrote to Ineos yesterday setting out my own issues relating to communication and lack of handover. As I’m fully paid up for two weeks tomorrow, i was pretty grumpy.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:28 AM
Reaction score

I think I can remove the word UK and replace it by any other European country, and making the same statements with some very small corrections!

About 10 days ago there were some 20 Grenadiers at the only dealer in Belgium (my dealer!), all of them parked inside (including mine), because they had the space to do so.

On Friday 7 April I drove past the dealer on the motorway, at about 100m from my dealer, and I could see some Grenadiers parked outside. That means they have now about 25 cars parked there!

As far as I know: no deliveries!

Their communication strategy is crap indeed.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I think I can remove the word UK and replace it by any other European country, and making the same statements with some very small corrections!

About 10 days ago there were some 20 Grenadiers at the only dealer in Belgium (my dealer!), all of them parked inside (including mine), because they had the space to do so.

On Friday 7 April I drove past the dealer on the motorway, at about 100m from my dealer, and I could see some Grenadiers parked outside. That means they have now about 25 cars parked there!

As far as I know: no deliveries!

Their communication strategy is crap indeed.
I will see what happens tomorrow - if no deliveries then I suggest we walk away. Their contract is binding, to protect INEOS, not us.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

I signed my contract in November, I see yours was very recently and your is delivered to the dealer soon, so way ahead of me.

Back
Top Bottom