The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sick of waiting

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:54 PM
Reaction score
Ineos told me this morning that uk based buyers who have paid in full, will be getting an email this week explaining / outlining the delivery process. No date was mentioned for the latter.
I pushed for additional info, but the lady I spoke with was reluctant to give further information.

So, it the usual can kicking from them, and sucking it up from me/us.

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So for me good news / bad news scenario! As mine is only recently off production line, it required very little in way of updates and they have been done, it only needs a valet plus side steps and tow ball fitting.
Bad news is tow ball may be wrong spec and no side steps sent with truck. Grenadier can't say where they are and they are refusing to release the truck until it is complete as per order!

JOB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
This morning I have ordered a Defender 90 as I am sick of waiting.

Not instead of the Grenadier, but just in case the bubble bursts or we are still waiting in another 12 months. Also as the Land Rover is a significantly more tax efficient option I think we would be foolish not to hedge bets.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
So for me good news / bad news scenario! As mine is only recently off production line, it required very little in way of updates and they have been done, it only needs a valet plus side steps and tow ball fitting.
Bad news is tow ball may be wrong spec and no side steps sent with truck. Grenadier can't say where they are and they are refusing to release the truck until it is complete as per order!
PBD, are you saying the vehicle is ostensibly ready to be released, bar side steps? If so, that is encouraging.

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
PBD, are you saying the vehicle is ostensibly ready to be released, bar side steps? If so, that is encouraging.
Yep that's what I have been told by the dealer, just Ineos preventing it going to delivery process etc. I did suggest fitting steps later but it is ineos preventing that route.
Also have not had a request for payment yet.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I'm wondering about so many with "wrong spec" towball. We saw a photo of the boxed standard two hole towball. I wonder if the issue is that it can't be fitted into the 3 sets of holes in the vertical towing interface as it's supposed to?

AWo

Local time
9:54 PM
Reaction score
You're all still lucky. I recently heard Prof. Peter Kirchberg. He is an expert in German car history, especially of East-Germany cars (as he comes from former East-Germany). He orderd a Wartburg in 1970 and is still waiting for it....

Cheers
AWo

Last edited:

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm wondering about so many with "wrong spec" towball. We saw a photo of the boxed standard two hole towball. I wonder if the issue is that it can't be fitted into the 3 sets of holes in the vertical towing interface as it's supposed to?
We're going round in circles. This issue has been covered in other towing threads.
The tow ball can not be fitted in the top 4 holes. The top 4 spacing is for M12 bolts and NATO type fitting for other markets. The bottom 2 are spaced for M16 bolts and tow ball. I suspect the wrong spec issue relates to the "s" value. IA literature gives an "s" value of 350kg. The tow ball "s" value is 350kg. But the "s" value on the DB ball and pinle is only 270kg. So I suspect they are going to replace with a different ball and pinle.

Last edited:
Local time
3:54 PM
Reaction score
Regarding cancellation of the contract with the full deposit paid, INEOS will not refund the deposit as we speculated. So will stick with it!
I got a refund of the full deposit. I received the contract but did not sign it.

Del

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:54 PM
Reaction score
Some of these cars rolled off the factory floor in November - they are now 6 months old. We have moved from a 72 reg to a 23 reg - any guesses on a 73 reg (UK registration formats are half yearly) before customers get their cars. If my car gets close to a year old before delivery then I shall expect a Massive discount or they can take it back. Happily I’m told by my dealer that it is in production and they only have a chassis number so it hasn’t been waiting on the dockside for 6 months.

Tony

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Am I the only one who is slowly but surly getting tired of waiting?
I have to admit that from time to time I think whether I should just quit my order.
Do I need a psychologist?
Stick with it - like you I am frustrated with the wait! They have managed the process of keeping potential interest throughout the development phase exceptionally well. It is a pity that they cannot manage customer expectations and
6 communication better in this final stage - whatever it will be worth the wait!

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:54 PM
Reaction score
Stick with it - like you I am frustrated with the wait! They have managed the process of keeping potential interest throughout the development phase exceptionally well. It is a pity that they cannot manage customer expectations and
6 communication better in this final stage - whatever it will be worth the wait!
I will stick to it for sure as it arrived at the dealer today 😀

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Ineos told me this morning that uk based buyers who have paid in full, will be getting an email this week explaining / outlining the delivery process. No date was mentioned for the latter.
I pushed for additional info, but the lady I spoke with was reluctant to give further information.

So, it the usual can kicking from them, and sucking it up from me/us.
I should qualify that I’m prepared to continue to “suck it up” because the product is unlike anything on the market and I want it.. This in spite of the shite fulfilment, delays and general ineos’isms.

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I don't even care about losing the deposit, I'm more concerned with losing my marbles and I think for a little less stress cancelling is the easiest option...for me anyway. I cannot say one good thing about Ineos and really wish I'd not started this journey, if anyone wants a silver Trialmaster sitting at Harwoods in Portsmouth, you can have it.
We're all frustrated by the wait, but come on what's the benefit of cancelling now?

Your giving up 5% equity built into your order straight away, and then you have to buy something else that doesn't quite scratch the itch.. which will take a few months minimum.. unless you buy off a lot then it's not going to be a perfect spec.

The issues regarding delivery have been down to quality recalls on some parts of the vehicle. Once picked up on, they have to open an official 'process' that has to be signed off before any affected vehicles can be delivered to customers. These issues have clearly been caused by supplier ramp up, or assembly issues at Hambach. Now that some customers have received their vehicles, I should think these processes have been signed off and we will start to see the logjam clear.

My wife went to Lakeside shopping centre in Essex today and passed a transporter full of Grenadiers.

My mate also saw a transporter on the motorway nearby last week, also with a full load of Grenadiers.

It's been a bitch of a wait, but let's all stay focused on what we're waiting for, and not throw our toys out the pram.

Im sucking it up and dealing with it, and thats saying a lot considering I'm a millenial 🤣

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:54 PM
Reaction score
@Tony I agree with you! It's definitely worth it! I've been waiting patiently for this great vehicle since 2016. A few weeks later is not important to me. I know what efforts and setbacks are associated with new industrial developments. Therefore, I can well understand the situation at IA. The motto is to persevere.

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
We're all frustrated by the wait, but come on what's the benefit of cancelling now?

Your giving up 5% equity built into your order straight away, and then you have to buy something else that doesn't quite scratch the itch.. which will take a few months minimum.. unless you buy off a lot then it's not going to be a perfect spec.

The issues regarding delivery have been down to quality recalls on some parts of the vehicle. Once picked up on, they have to open an official 'process' that has to be signed off before any affected vehicles can be delivered to customers. These issues have clearly been caused by supplier ramp up, or assembly issues at Hambach. Now that some customers have received their vehicles, I should think these processes have been signed off and we will start to see the logjam clear.

My wife went to Lakeside shopping centre in Essex today and passed a transporter full of Grenadiers.

My mate also saw a transporter on the motorway nearby last week, also with a full load of Grenadiers.

It's been a bitch of a wait, but let's all stay focused on what we're waiting for, and not throw our toys out the pram.

Im sucking it up and dealing with it, and thats saying a lot considering I'm a millenial 🤣
We need a “suck it up” thread…..

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I spoke to my dealer today, only news is that my (was Feb) March Build is now officially an April build on the portal. He did say that all these vehicles currently cluttering up the dealerships are old builds from around January time and these are the ones that require various QC fixes. The ones coming off the line now will have all these fixes already done and so should be ready to go as soon as they arrive.

He also said that last he heard the factory was still not running at full capacity as they had hoped it would be, which explains the build month slippage.

Back
Top Bottom