The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sick of waiting

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
3:12 AM
Reaction score
@Greasemonkey

Thanks a lot!

At first it looks like quite a bit of money. But if I think about two round trips by air and a rental car, and considering two two day trips on a ship in an outside cabin - which is of course part of the holidays, that might be fair.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
If you also want to eat something on the ferry, you need at least another 350 to 500 Euros !!!!
Take a fishing rod with you. That's much cheaper. ;-)

Or buy a few EPAs. 😁

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:12 AM
Reaction score
I'm not going there
But you may wish to delete these options on your Grenadier -
Sensors & power outlets - Suzhou (southern Jiangsu province)
Control units - Marelli automotive electronics - Guangzhou
Steering column module - Shanghai JTR automotive electronics
Passive safety and switches - Yanfeng automotive safety systems
I have imported so much stuff from China over the last 30 years so I know most of their products can be as good as anything in the world. I also know that if you start haggling on price they always keep the same profit they just reduce their cost. eg quality.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Well I found this page with data to 15th August 2022 and the other to 15th September 2022 ~ and checking all the datasets, I can find no mention of Ineos at all?

Given "The Federal Motor Transport Authority ( KBA ) provides the vehicle registration authorities with technical data sets for the automated completion of registration documents", I'm not sure what that means?

I asked them via mail, whether there is an actual list available or whether they could tell me if IA has an entry from july to now.
I will share the answer if they answer.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
> I have imported so much stuff from China over the last 30 years so I know
> most of their products can be as good as anything in the world.

You get what you pay for, even in china. There are some really good products.

Last week, I bought the second copy of the one below. It's a power meter. And it's really accurate and can even measure fractions of a Watt (not VA but really W). Besides this, it measures the power factor cos(φ) and takes it into account. Including a daily / monthly / yearly history, real time clock, several timers and a menu driven UI in a dozen langues. No faults yet (my first copy stiil working since some years). A fantastic chinese product for a really fair price (price for the EU around 54€):

https://de.aliexpress.com/item/32695358611.html

Available on Amazon as well.

ZHURUI.jpg

Last edited:

Maxwell

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Just received a call from IG (i.e. the guy I’ve originally discussed the final changes to my configuration with). My final contract will be send this or next friday according to him. Has anyone else had any info?

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just received a call from IG (i.e. the guy I’ve originally discussed the final changes to my configuration with). My final contract will be send this or next friday according to him. Has anyone else had any info?
Well,
two or three weeks ago, when someone from IA called me to tell me that my chosen dealer gave up, he told me that they wanted to send the contracts “last week” but will do it probably “next week” now (then)
So it will be interesting which “next week” or “next Friday” they mean exactly 😀

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
9:12 PM
Reaction score
i have said this before on here but it my have got lost, but I have heard a vicious rumour that the test drives in the UK for potential customers will be OFF road only.

Now why wouldn’t IA be letting people drive a car on a public road ??

It’s either complete dog sh*te on the road……I doubt it very much.

or

It can’t be legally driven on a public road

IF the rumour is true then I strongly suspect it’s the latter.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:12 AM
Reaction score
Shaky, I've just mentioned in another post that my 'IG Experience' down in Sussex booked for next month which was 15mins of being a passenger is now down as 15mins as a driver. And yes it implies all off-road. Guess it is a proto-type and therefore not road legal.

I would suspect further test drives will all be off-road until such a variant is made/boxes ticked and available at dealers for testing on-road and where feasible, off-road a bit as well.

Time line for delivery is still very grey!

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Shaky, I've just mentioned in another post that my 'IG Experience' down in Sussex booked for next month which was 15mins of being a passenger is now down as 15mins as a driver. And yes it implies all off-road. Guess it is a proto-type and therefore not road legal.

I would suspect further test drives will all be off-road until such a variant is made/boxes ticked and available at dealers for testing on-road and where feasible, off-road a bit as well.

Time line for delivery is still very grey!
Unfortunately I am not talking about the prototype tour MKII, I am talking about test drives after that when you as a potential customer can actually drive the vehicle.

Touted as being around mid November !

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I know it is a 4x4, but I struggle to remember much footage of it on a paved road…

I think that for most IG buyers it isn’t a primary driver, or at the very least they aren’t without a car until it comes. On cancelling, I guess we in the US will get enough view of where things are going. I think we are expected to cough up more money in January, my guess is that will slip, or at the very least the EU shipments are on some kid of timeline.

IG has until the new 4Runner starts to deliver, eventually.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I can wait as long as the car is right when I get it.

I would sooner have it delayed then end up with cheaper more readily available parts in it.

Let’s face it, several months after you get it, this will be history and likely forgotten about.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
For those who don't want to tell facebook what they watch on youtube, here's the direct link:

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:12 AM
Reaction score
haha - ok its faster than most tractors - fixed!

IG Pop

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
... and the diesel consumption went up again 🥱

Back
Top Bottom