The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sick of waiting

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
11:43 PM
Reaction score
I don't care about the delay(s) (yet). What makes me a bit nervous is not the wait or the poor communication from Ineos. Waiting and hearing nothing or just wrong from Ineos is annoying, that's true.

But inflation is a real threat.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
5:43 PM
Reaction score
Well I always thought that my electronic devices listened and monitored me. Seems Ineos also have access to the monitoring post as I said I was going round in circles with interest yesterday on this thread and the next morning I get my first email from my Ineos dealer introducing themselves and saying that they can now see me on the portal.

This can only be a good thing and it’s showing that they re there and bothering to send out communications and inviting questions etc.

Surely Ineos must know that simple but regular comms keep people interested and feeling like they are not being ignored. Let’s face it we are all believers and pretty patient and understanding customers. Shame they can’t send simple updates on a weekly/monthly basis.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My wife's Volvo, ordered (deposit paid) 11.5 months ago, is arriving in 2-3 weeks.
The price went up $7000. Communication was no better than Ineos.
As a grown up , I'm patient - and tolerant.
As a grown up? What are you doing here?
In my opinion man do not grow up. They stop becoming older when they are 9 -12 years old. Just the toys grow in size an worth.
Of course there are exeptions, like accountants or tax inspectors. Other exeptions only grow up for the vital part of their business.
But grown up in total sounds like a very frustrating thing. I hope you are at least in category 2.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:43 AM
Reaction score
Am I the only one who is slowly but surly getting tired of waiting?
I have to admit that from time to time I think whether I should just quit my order.
Do I need a psychologist?
bemax,

I also have some nervous feelings but I dont think its time to quit this journey after we have all come so far.

Having said that, it's now been 6 weeks since Mark Tennant announced, via video, that production would be delayed a month.

I would have thought another brief from him confirming that everything remains on schedule would "came the horses" and remove the growing doubts held be some.

Local time
5:43 PM
Reaction score
I don't losing my faith or interest but first I've ordered LC70s cause it's simple mechanic car then I've changed it to IG but I'm not sure if I don't go against my first idea. FEB 23. I can still get back to LC.

Andrew Kilby

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I get the delay in the car but not the lack of communication. It seems unreasonable to ask for feedback, promise a phone hotline and not deliver. Why appoint dealers and keep them in the dark about the car.
If you expect too much, you will always be disappointed. Cancelling your order may well be a greater disappointment. Please cancel your orders and leave the IG to the greater believers, it will shorten the queue. The moaning belittles you.

dynosoar

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:43 PM
Reaction score
Hello,

The lack of communication is a bit of a concern.
However, I remain positive over the end result at the moment.
Last year I placed my order and hoped that the car may be available to perform our annual pilgrimage with trailers down to Goodwood Revival. It is almost as if our existing old tow horse - a 21 year old Mazda B2500 - has got wind of it's impeding retirement as it sprouted a radiator leak shortly before we arrived onsite last Thursday. That involved a bit of 'field' repairs whilst wearing posh Goodwood clothes. All good for the return journey home though.
Do I need to fit a new radiator, weld up the chassis and obtain another years MOT for the next trip? I hope it will be Grenadier next time around.

On that score.
Conversations from the Ineos stand at the revival said the purchase contracts should be released next week. Is it a case that next week never arrives? We will see.
My build slot has always remained October 22. This should be honoured as they apparently use the website account to update status for orders.
So despite not having any request for specification confirmation or contract the suggestion is that I should have my Grenadier within a month or so.
My dealer happens to be only a short distance away from my workplace and they seem to be unsure as to the situation regarding delivery.

Time will tell I guess.

A

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
10:43 PM
Reaction score
I know the wait is hard sometimes and the majority of you on here have money and faith in a brand new product. On a personal basis I am on a similar level, as the majority of you know I have worked for Halliwell Jones for a good number years with BMW now and when hearing about the INEOS Grenadier coming to us I was in no doubt it was the move I wanted to make.

Financially I was secure selling BMW but the chance to work with a new and exciting product and after meeting with numerous members of the team at INEOS I was left in no doubt that it was, and is the right move for me.

I know you all can't speak to everyone individually that works for INEOS, but I would also like to think that my time here with you all on the forum has built a level of trust up with me. So when I say, absolutely every single person that I have spoken to in the company is massively passionate about the product, and literally don't stop working. I'd like to think you believe me.

I receive emails from staff at INEOS at 3AM whilst they work round the clock! They help with every question I ask no matter how trivial, they want this, just as much as the rest of us do.

As always though if you're struggling with something and you can't get an answer from someone, please just ask and I will do my utmost to help you all. If you are in a different country from the UK then I will at least try and get the right contact for you.

Steve.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Steve,

it is definitely people like you and those guys at IA that do not work nine to five who do create the feeling that something is moving in the right direction.
Thanks a lot for all of this efforts!

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
As a grown up? What are you doing here?
In my opinion man do not grow up. They stop becoming older when they are 9 -12 years old. Just the toys grow in size an worth.
Of course there are exeptions, like accountants or tax inspectors. Other exeptions only grow up for the vital part of their business.
But grown up in total sounds like a very frustrating thing. I hope you are at least in category 2.
The difference between men and boys is the cost of their toys - Confucius 1682

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Honestly???? A Volvo. Sad.....so sad
0-100 in 4.3s ; + she wants to virtue signal - whilst I'm burning fossil fuels with the IG and several old cars.
Mind you with green power in Tassy you can't really virtue signal with your EV.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
0-100 in 4.3s ; + she wants to virtue signal - whilst I'm burning fossil fuels with the IG and several old cars.
Mind you with green power in Tassy you can't really virtue signal with your EV.
Yes there are some very good arguments but Volvo has gone down a horrible path in the last few years and I just couldn't bring myself to buy a car made by Geely in China. Probably just as good as any other vehicle but for the same reason I wouldn't buy and MG.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Yes there are some very good arguments but Volvo has gone down a horrible path in the last few years and I just couldn't bring myself to buy a car made by Geely in China. Probably just as good as any other vehicle but for the same reason I wouldn't buy and MG.
Time will tell if it's a lemon or not. We are taking the same gamble with the IG!

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Time will tell if it's a lemon or not. We are taking the same gamble with the IG!
I am sure it will be fine. I had the same concerns about Korean cars years ago so the issue could me mine, not the vehicle. My son bought and LDV dual cab ute last years and he hasn't had any problems so far.

cheswick

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Not really - Designed by Magna Steyr (known and respected automotive engineering and manufacturing company) using the most premium components built in the most recently updated Mercedes factory with existing skilled staff and using BMW powertrains that are known to be excellent. Now sell me on Geely...

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Even Rolls Royce come with a warranty so any brand can have issues. I must admit that since I have owned a Mercedes for the first time the build quality and reliability is so far above anything I have previously owned. Even now when it is 8 years old and has 105,000 kms on it.

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:43 AM
Reaction score
I hear ya.

Ineos are treading a fine line at the moment.

If by some magic, it were possible to know the exact future date of receiving a car, i'm certain that many today would be shocked to know it, and cancel their order. Although it's irritating, probably less bad to incrementally nudge delivery dates backwards, eek out the goodwill, and offer news only when it's warranted, i.e. when there's actually something worth communicating.

Back
Top Bottom