The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sick of waiting

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:20 AM
Reaction score
I hear ya.

Ineos are treading a fine line at the moment.

If by some magic, it were possible to know the exact future date of receiving a car, i'm certain that many today would be shocked to know it, and cancel their order. Although it's irritating, probably less bad to incrementally nudge delivery dates backwards, eek out the goodwill, and offer news only when it's warranted, i.e. when there's actually something worth communicating.
How are you certain many (how many???) would be shocked and cancel their order?
I think the majority of the Ineos order placers have bought into the project and accept their will be some hickups and delays along the way. But that is just what I think, not what I am certain of.
I am National Product Manager of a global manufacturer that has been in business since 1953 (so very experienced unlike Ineos) and at the moment there is no way we can give our customers exact manufacturing dates. We had one product go from 23 days to 150 days and has just come back to 100 days. It is hoped that it will go back to 20 days by the end of the year. We give an estimated lead time at time of quoting and only once a firm order has been placed can we give a reasonably accurate delivery schedule. This however is subject to change. Most of our opposition are quoting lead time in months and one is saying approximately 1 year minimum.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:20 AM
Reaction score
In all those arguments I am missing one thin. We tend to talk about a delay of delivery for our cars. That’s ok and of course the important point for everybody himself/herself.
But there seems to be an issue before the delivery and even before the production.
If everything would principle go the right way, why is there no road legal car available? Why has no single car magazine had the chance to test the car on road?
To me it still looks like a problem in homologation!
I wonder if they missed the homologation for EU before the beginning of July (5th or 6th) and now have to fight administration whether or not they have to implement all this extras we do not want to have (automatic speed limiter with input of a camera, …)
Maybe this is a question for Twitter?

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
In all those arguments I am missing one thin. We tend to talk about a delay of delivery for our cars. That’s ok and of course the important point for everybody himself/herself.
But there seems to be an issue before the delivery and even before the production.
If everything would principle go the right way, why is there no road legal car available? Why has no single car magazine had the chance to test the car on road?
I wonder if they missed the homologation for EU before the beginning of July (5th or 6th) and now have to fight administration whether or not they have to implement all this extras we do not want to have (automatic speed limiter with input of a camera, …)
That doesn't impact Australia, South Africa, New Zealand, Middle East so they could be delivering to those customers now.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
in theory you might be right. But if for example changes on the cables or the built in hardware would be necessary they maybe do not want to have two versions out there.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I had a quick look and found the list of the German authorities (KBA).
Unfortunatly the list ends on June 2022...

Attachments

• liste_typgenehmigungen_PDF.pdf;jsessionid=D9CF33B3CC99994CC71DDBE7B2C885BC.pdf
    852.1 KB · Views: 7

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
DCPU-

INEOS requested a "Private Ruling" from the Australian Tax Office regarding an exemption for the Grenadier from the Luxury Car Tax.

That is, the ATO responds directly to INEOS and does not make public nor publish the ruling.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
bemax -

I think you have focussed in on a great point in all this discussion.

Even taking into account the 1 month customer production delay, announced back at the start of August:
where are the PTO3 cars?
where is the first batch of production cars; that would be registered & sent out to agents as demonstrator models to develop more orders & cars available to press etc etc.

Previously stated - these cars were predicted for the start of August.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:20 PM
Reaction score
I had a quick look and found the list of the German authorities (KBA).
Unfortunatly the list ends on June 2022...
That's looks like the motherload ~ do you know how often they update the publication?

Or, are you able to specifically requested a date range or other parameters for an individual search?

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That's looks like the motherload ~ do you know how often they update the publication?

Or, are you able to specifically requested a date range or other parameters for an individual search?
the document exists as an Excel file as well. But it is not allowed to upload it here probably due to cyber security.
I do not know how often they renew the document.

you find it here (the download for the xlsx-file. I assume it is self explainig as well for english speeking people.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Not really - Designed by Magna Steyr (known and respected automotive engineering and manufacturing company) using the most premium components built in the most recently updated Mercedes factory with existing skilled staff and using BMW powertrains that are known to be excellent. Now sell me on Geely...
I don't really have any concerns , nor with my wife's EV purchase.
The cars are built with quality materials in new factories overseen by people with standards to adhere to. On pain of heads rolling!

Greasemonkey

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I hope Ineos does not disapoint me and will deliver the car till the end of the year. I just booked the ferry to Iceland for June /July next year. :)(y)

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Can you tell what a ferry transfer from the continent to icelands costs and where the ferry starts?

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Takes a complete booking walk through, I guess. I'm sure Greasemonkey knows from memory.

Greasemonkey

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If you also want to eat something on the ferry, you need at least another 350 to 500 Euros !!!!

Disco Dave

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I don't really have any concerns , nor with my wife's EV purchase.
The cars are built with quality materials in new factories overseen by people with standards to adhere to. On pain of heads rolling!
Just ask your wife, is buying a vehicle from China in the 2020’s, similar to buying a vehicle from Germany in the 1930’s?

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Just ask your wife, is buying a vehicle from China in the 2020’s, similar to buying a vehicle from Germany in the 1930’s?
I'm not going there
But you may wish to delete these options on your Grenadier -
Sensors & power outlets - Suzhou (southern Jiangsu province)
Control units - Marelli automotive electronics - Guangzhou
Steering column module - Shanghai JTR automotive electronics
Passive safety and switches - Yanfeng automotive safety systems

Last edited:

cheswick

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I'm not going there
But you may wish to delete these options on your Grenadier -
Sensors & power outlets - Suzhou (southern Jiangsu province)
Control units - Marelli automotive electronics - Guangzhou
Steering column module - Shanghai JTR automotive electronics
Passive safety and switches - Yanfeng automotive safety systems
One can be practically avoided, the other not, hardly an argument against the point made by Dave. I.e I can choose another vehicle manufacturer without too much impact on my life whereas you can’t in any practical way avoid CCP parts in a vehicle at this stage.

Back
Top Bottom