The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sick of waiting

PC01

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:32 PM
Reaction score
I have a sneaky feeling this week will be the one where we see the first Grenadier delivered to a customer.
Wednesday 5th has my bet.
I suspect it will be combined with a big PR output from IA.
Crossed fingers this will be the case as i have been looking at mine a few times at the dealer and have a trip booked at the end of the week. 🤞🤞
Today was the day then.
No IA announcement or PR though so a bit of a missed opportunity.
Congratulations to Richard Gwynne, he must be a happy boy!!
Hope for my call soon.
Another delay to the planned trip.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Apparently, the software release has been given, so they are updating the vehicles on site; it takes about a day for each one. Some accessories are in short supply, (mainly roof racks due to a steel shortage), and the towballs need changing, (under specification).
Was yours just the standard ball or the ball and pin that was under spec?

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just done my regular Wednesday afternoon call to the dealer to ask his best guess for delivery, apparently before the end of the month.

Apparently, the software release has been given, so they are updating the vehicles on site; it takes about a day for each one. Some accessories are in short supply, (mainly roof racks due to a steel shortage), and the towballs need changing, (under specification).

The big question now is how and when will they be registered? Ineos have to register the vehicles, apparently by post with the DVLA, so the dealers are out of the loop. (Although the FaceBook rumour mill suggests there may be one UK retail Grenadier in the wild).

I've told Richard I'll pay as soon as we have a delivery date set, so as to meet the "2 days before delivery" deadline set by Ineos. There is no way I'll pay earlier, the interest will be minimal, but it will be mine!
Mine has has the software updates and is just waiting the brake pipes.. we went to play with the driver interface earlier and my young lad did a little video.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoCgH19hr_Y

it is pretty simple to use and intuitive.. also now the delivery mode is off, I can attest to the quality of the heated seats.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
9:32 AM
Reaction score
Given the average age of owners, then maybe a stop start trickle is just more apt.

The configurator is down at the minute as they are adding more kit options. One is a defibrillator and I also believe there is a new lift being optioned to get the average age driver up into the drivers seat without putting too much stress on replacement joints and hips. 😂

Barney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:32 PM
Reaction score
in der Nähe von Frankfurt a. M. Deutschland
Mine has has the software updates and is just waiting the brake pipes.. we went to play with the driver interface earlier and my young lad did a little video.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoCgH19hr_Y

it is pretty simple to use and intuitive.. also now the delivery mode is off, I can attest to the quality of the heated seats.
That looks good. I hope it keeps going. I wish everyone in this forum a happy rest of the week and a peaceful and hopeful Easter. Without you I think I would have thrown down ;)

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Yesterday evening I was about to chainsaw a log about 1m length. Rolled it over and the bark fell off , revealing at least 100 huntsmen , teenagers judging by size and the mass of moulted skins nearby. One big angry mama also!
Anyway I proceeded to chainsaw the log. Can you believe , some of them walked right up to the spinning blade , 5mm away , I kid you not, not the slightest bit perturbed...well to be honest , a bit pissed off.
Life in the bush is never dull.
Nuke them from orbit, it's the only way to be sure!

Reactions: PBD

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Had a visit to my dealer yesterday to have a look at their stationary model . This is the first time i am sitting in one it was a PTO3
Really impressed with everything . Sitting postiion is comofrtable for me . RHD foot rest was not an issue .
Petrol engine sound is really impressive . Hope the diesel sounds as good.

When it comes to my car it is build and is waittign shipping . Good news there .

After the first delivery today i feel things will move faster from now on . Lets see how long will it take for it to get here .

Take home note from the visit ( i need more relaxed jeans to get in and out with ease as no steps for me . )

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
11:32 PM
Reaction score
Oh. I just found out about the huntsman spider down under. Really very frightening. As a hunter, I also see spiders in the hides again and again. But they are cute little compared to your spiders 🕷️. My spider phobia could grow. Despite a Stiehl chainsaw.
They are harmless despite the fangs we have them living in our cars and in the house , sometimes above the bed. Never in the bed or on the face though. Wonderful creatures 😚

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Is the delivery confirmed as drivable - because I don't see anyone driving it yet!!! I find it impossible that IA wouldn't be all over this, 1st customer driveway!? Given the massive delays not PR I think it's fake. Sorry.

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:32 PM
Reaction score
Personally I don't think Ineos should/ would advertise their single customer delivery, like it's a glorious success

I'm happy for the customer

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Personally I don't think Ineos should/ would advertise their single customer delivery, like it's a glorious success

I'm happy for the customer
Given the delays I would be all over it. Not a single post in the Ineos FB page since Sir Jim took his for a drive. Apparently his software was ok... I'm just angry now because I can't even get a build date!!!

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:32 AM
Reaction score
Yesterday evening I was about to chainsaw a log about 1m length. Rolled it over and the bark fell off , revealing at least 100 huntsmen , teenagers judging by size and the mass of moulted skins nearby. One big angry mama also!
Anyway I proceeded to chainsaw the log. Can you believe , some of them walked right up to the spinning blade , 5mm away , I kid you not, not the slightest bit perturbed...well to be honest , a bit pissed off.
Life in the bush is never dull.
I think I will just stay in the Inland Northwest.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
11:32 PM
Reaction score
Is the delivery confirmed as drivable - because I don't see anyone driving it yet!!! I find it impossible that IA wouldn't be all over this, 1st customer driveway!? Given the massive delays not PR I think it's fake. Sorry.
I told you before, it's not the 1st customer delivery, the hard way home guys were.
And the 4th guy? No , he's not faking it , but you could start a conspiracy thread...

marko

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Attachments

• IMG_4691.jpeg
    IMG_4691.jpeg
    151.8 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Not convinced, looks like PT02 washed clean, put in some random gravel driveway, not even a video on the freeway!!! I am on to something!

Back
Top Bottom