The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

SHOW US YOUR WRAP AND WINDOW TINTS

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:34 PM
Reaction score
I Just received my Grenadier back from Wrap Labs in Westlake, California.

Prior to installing my low profile 3/4 Leitner Designs Roof Rack I wanted to get the roof wrapped as I live at the coast and it will not be easy to wash under it. I also had an experience of over using the window washing fluid on a prior Range Rover Sport, which ate into and ruined the clear coat paint finish. I won’t be doing that again.

I had Wrap Labs install the following;
XPEL Stealth 7.5 mills, which has a satin/mat finish. 10 year warranty / Self Healing
Installed at roof and bottom 5” of the exterior of the doors.

3M 2080 Satin Black 3.5 mills.
Installed a large accent band over the XPEL Stealth at the roof on what I am calling the Targa-Roll bar just behind the safari windows.
Installed over the Xpel Stealth at the bottom 5” of the doors a nostalgic competition stripe, as we all know a Targa Roof and Competition stripes will make the Grenadier go faster. ;)

Notes: I originally tried a small stripe of Satin Metallic Charcoal by APA EVOLV for the stripes, which perfectly matched the look of the dark grey plastics like the fender trims. I think this would have been perfect for lighter colored Grenadier’s like Sterling Silver, Scottish White, Magic Mushroom and perhaps Eldoret Blue, however decided to go with the 3M 2080 Satin Black as the stripes needed more contrast against the darker Shale Blue to make them stand out. The 3M 8020 Satin Black is a near match to the anodized satin black side exterior utility belts and it will also match the aluminum tubes when I have them anodized satin black.

XPEL Ultimate Fusion 7.5 mills, which has a clear finish.
Installed at interior doorsills to prevent scuffing the sill paint getting in and out of the cabin.

Ceramic Window Tint
Note: The higher the percentage shown below the more light transmission.
35% at driver and front passenger windows.
70% at Safari windows. Note: I first went with the darker 50% at the safari windows and found it to dark to enjoy the sky, so I switched to 70%, which still allowed a blue sky look and provided just enough protection to cut the glare and heat a bit from the Southern California coastal sun.

I am very pleased with the final results and am considering wrapping the rest of the Grenadier in XPEL Ultimate Fusion clear film once other projects are completed.

I was very impressed with the expertise and professionalism of the team at Wrap Labs. They are certified XPEL Installers. A special shout out to Cooper who helped give me the correct guidance along the way. Give Cooper at Wrap Labs a call at 805-340-4940.
Here’s a link to their website. DaBull
https://www.wraplabs.com/

XPEL Stealth Wrap.jpeg

Last edited:

Jack123

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score

Prior to installing my low profile 3/4 Leitner Designs Roof Rack I wanted to get the roof wrapped as I live at the coast and it will not be easy to wash under it. I also had an experience of over using the window washing fluid on a prior Range Rover Sport, which ate into and ruined the clear coat paint finish. I won’t be doing that again.

XPEL Stealth 7.5 mills, which has a satin/mat finish. 10 year warranty / Self Healing

Installed a large accent band over the XPEL Stealth at the roof on what I am calling the Targa-Roll bar just behind the safari windows.
Installed over the Xpel Stealth at the bottom 5” of the doors a nostalgic competition stripe, as we all know a Targa Roof and Competition stripes will make the Grenadier go faster. ;)

Notes: I originally tried a small stripe of Satin Metallic Charcoal by APA EVOLV for the stripes, which perfectly matched the look of the dark grey plastics like the fender trims. I think this would have been perfect for lighter colored Grenadier’s like Sterling Silver, Scottish White, Magic Mushroom and perhaps Eldoret Blue, however decided to go with the 3M 2080 Satin Black as the stripes needed more contrast against the darker Shale Blue to make them stand out. The 3M 8020 Satin Black is a near match to the anodized satin black side exterior utility belts and it will also match the aluminum tubes when I have them anodized satin black.

Installed at interior doorsills to prevent scuffing the sill paint getting in and out of the cabin.

Ceramic Window Tint
70% at Safari windows. Note: I first went with the darker 50% at the safari windows and found it to dark to enjoy the sky, so I switched to 70%, which still allowed a blue sky look and provided just enough protection to cut the glare and heat a bit from the Southern California coastal sun.

I am very pleased with the final results and am considering wrapping the rest of the Grenadier in XPEL Ultimate Fusion clear film once other projects are completed.

I was very impressed with the expertise and professionalism of the team at Wrap Labs. They are certified XPEL Installers. A special shout out to Cooper who helped give me the correct guidance along the way. Give Cooper at Wrap Labs a call at 805-340-4940.

View attachment 7852669

Beautiful! I'm getting ceramic coating for mine...

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Ceramic Window Tint

View attachment 7852669
Xpel has some great sill protection tape you can purchase from them or from Amazon. It is 13 mills thick. I like it because it has a rubbery texture to it and not a sand paper type texture. It comes in 3 sizes, which are 2.75" wide for door sills, 4" wide for truck rails and 9" wide for rock panel protection. Unless you are doing the rock panels with it, the 4" size is a good value for how much you get compared to the 2.75".
It come in black or clear. The 4" size might be perfect for the step areas on the bumpers, although the bumpers are more than 4" wide.
You will need to put on two pieces or opt for the much wider 9" Xpel, which is expensive for just doing the bumper step areas.
Here's links to all of these at Xpel. They are also available on Amazon. DaBull
2.75” X 5’ Xpel Black Door Sill: https://www.xpel.com/universal-door-sill-kit-black
2.75” X 5’ Xpel Clear Door Sill: https://www.xpel.com/universal-door-sill-kit-clear
4” x 17’ Xpel Bed Rail Black: https://www.xpel.com/universal-bed-rail-kit-black
4” x 17’ Xpel Bed Rail Clear: https://www.xpel.com/universal-bed-rail-kit-clear
9” X 30’ Xpel Rocker Panel Black: https://www.xpel.com/universal-rocker-panel-kit-black
9” X 30’ Xpel Rocker Panel Clear: https://www.xpel.com/universal-rocker-panel-kit-clear

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom