The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Show us your newest toy!

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
3:31 AM
Reaction score
I suppose that compressor is fine for inflating a tyre with a puncture. But it would no where near have the capacity to re seat a tyre back onto the bead.

Without a large air tank and a beefy air hose even the expensive mobile ones could not do that.

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:31 AM
Reaction score
Without a large air tank and a beefy air hose even the expensive mobile ones could not do that.
You can if you put the ratchet strap around and proper tyre soap as per previous post ( the tyre soap makes a huge difference) . My compressor is max 160l /minute and have changed a few tyres using it👍🏼. I’d like an ARB compressor but pricey 86F2BECE-59A0-40F2-9A06-3E581B88FF07.jpeg

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You can if you put the ratchet strap around and proper tyre soap as per previous post ( the tyre soap makes a huge difference) . My compressor is max 160l /minute and have changed a few tyres using it👍🏼. I’d like an ARB compressor but pricey View attachment 7800058
I do own a T-Max as well. It is quite powerful for the price!

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes a lot of compressor for the price. The larger ARB compressor is over £600 ! I’ve had my T- Max 5years and so far so good 🤞🏼
45Amp so either crocodile clips to battery or high amperage connection point. Only downside I’m aware of is that it gets extremely hot after running for a few minutes

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Another bit of handy kit I’ve got is a tyre bead breaking tool. I’ve broken the bead before with a high lift jack using the foot plate of the jack on the tyre but this tool is much easier AB2883BA-C919-4F4F-A058-5A67FB2F4436.jpegF754FEDA-08CA-49D6-B5A4-75DAD6DDA02B.jpeg

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
You can if you put the ratchet strap around and proper tyre soap as per previous post ( the tyre soap makes a huge difference) . My compressor is max 160l /minute and have changed a few tyres using it👍🏼. I’d like an ARB compressor but pricey View attachment 7800058
Yes, that works, I think. But only if the tire already has some contact with the rim everywhere.

At my tire dealer it sometimes happens that after mounting there is still a significant gap between tire and rim in some places. Then you need a huge air flow. Their compressor can do that - though actually, it's more the air tank that provides the air mass.

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
As you can see. Overlanding on the cheap. Everything thrown in the back of the pick up. A Sainsbury’s £25 two man tent 100l diesel in jerry cans in the back plus 100l water. No special equipment and all over Southern Africa. Even made sand recovery matts from the old tyres. Two mats made up of two treads bolted to three sidewalls each. They worked really well in soft sand although heavy to lift on the roof
Nowadays we overland in more comfort
photo attached of homemade sand tracks on the roof. Photo taken on Van Zyles Pass Northern Namibia
AA5177C8-6499-4106-9640-1C355BDBAC49.jpeg

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
45Amp so either crocodile clips to battery or high amperage connection point. Only downside I’m aware of is that it gets extremely hot after running for a few minutes
Nato-plug with direct connection to the battery. Mounted under the driver seat of the Defender for short cables. This is very useful for jump-starting as well.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
10:31 PM
Reaction score
Ah by the way the tyre levers are made from my old broken leaf springs
Overland ing on the cheap ….meh. You have proper tyre levers.

If you really did it on the cheap you would just use two spoons and some washing up liquid like I do. I did splash out on a can of compressed air though. 😀

I like your set up to be honest. Stuff that works but is made or adapted. I never mind using and abusing kit like that, knowing I can mend or further adapt it.

The sand tracks are class

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes he did, it takes some time but it works fine. The best is to use a cordless screwdriver to refresh the hole in the tire, better than using the awl. You should try it if we see us, tasting wildboar sausage
View attachment 7800026
View attachment 7800029View attachment 7800031View attachment 7800033
That's interesting, because I also bought such a cheap compressor some months ago, and did test it on my spare tire. Worked OK, slow but OK, but the tire wasn't flat. (y)

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
1:31 PM
Reaction score
I suppose that compressor is fine for inflating a tyre with a puncture. But it would no where near have the capacity to re seat a tyre back onto the bead.
I haven't tried the can of spray deodorant trick either - but seen that it works!

Back
Top Bottom