The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Show us your newest toy!

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
7:47 AM
Reaction score
I have seen your Piper Cub video, where your son made some decent landings. Nice to see a father and a son sharing their time that way. (y)

btw: the airfield used to be in Ringheim. Later it was relocated, and where it is now, it is officially called "Verkehrslandeplatz Aschaffenburg" - where "Verkehrslandeplatz" means that there are published and binding opening hours (in contrast to simple club airfields, which open in nice weather or on weekends).

Not nitpicking, just informative.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Wonderful!

PS: The photograph seems to be the work of a professional - or an enthusiast.

Flash light in the field ... (y)

BMW.Leo

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Battery is in his body! Like it (y) :love:
As long as I am fit enough I won't buy a bicycle with a battery, and I have a bike, not that fancy, but I use it!
that was my idea also til i had 2 days off on Mallorca island, too short for rent a car so i take a e-bike, 20 degrees and light wind and it was perfect to ride on the coast line. when i´m back in Germany my first way was to buy a e-bike :) all friends are crying because before i always mentioned i never will use a e-bike

Barney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
in der Nähe von Frankfurt a. M. Deutschland
I had a nail in my AT tires and flats twice on my Grand Cherokee. One night at 2am while hunting and all I wanted to do was go home to my bed to warm up to my wife. A repair kit and a compressor helped me. That will also come back aboard the Grenadier. For example BENSON car tire repair set 9 pieces https://www.amazon.de/dp/B01LNDLHRW/?tag=globalgrena0b-20
DeFort DCC-255 portable car compressor air compressor cigarette lighter 12 volt https://www.amazon.de/dp/B007IRCTM0/?tag=globalgrena0b-20

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:47 AM
Reaction score
I had a nail in my AT tires and flats twice on my Grand Cherokee. One night at 2am while hunting and all I wanted to do was go home to my bed to warm up to my wife. A repair kit and a compressor helped me. That will also come back aboard the Grenadier. For example BENSON car tire repair set 9 pieces https://www.amazon.de/dp/B01LNDLHRW/?tag=globalgrena0b-20
DeFort DCC-255 portable car compressor air compressor cigarette lighter 12 volt https://www.amazon.de/dp/B007IRCTM0/?tag=globalgrena0b-20
I always carry something similar as well. Never have had two flats on the same journey but I use the compressor plenty 2 or 4 times a week sometimes, heavy duty direct to car battery not thru the cig lighter.

And the repair kit - when you need that you're really going to need it. cheap and no storage at all

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
3:47 PM
Reaction score
My new toy a dji mini 2 drone has now had 3 successful flights at home , carefully avoiding a number of large trees. It does not have collision avoidance, to keep weight down (250g) . We will take it on our trip to Europe mid year, walking the Cornwall coast , Slovenian Alps and Sardinia. (All the while careful not to break laws or annoy people)
Here is a drone assisted picture of the stone circle I built 20 years ago using levers , rollers , ropes and persistence!

Attachments

• received_1889530971439689.jpeg
    received_1889530971439689.jpeg
    396.2 KB · Views: 41

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:47 AM
Reaction score
My new toy a dji mini 2 drone has now had 3 successful flights at home , carefully avoiding a number of large trees. It does not have collision avoidance, to keep weight down (250g) . We will take it on our trip to Europe mid year, walking the Cornwall coast , Slovenian Alps and Sardinia. (All the while careful not to break laws or annoy people)
Here is a drone assisted picture of the stone circle I built 20 years ago using levers , rollers , ropes and persistence!
Fantastic, Stonehenge in Tazzie...will be at the wooden boat festival in Feb at Hobart...love Tazzie.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
@Barney , does this 20€ compressor really do the job?

Barney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
in der Nähe von Frankfurt a. M. Deutschland
@Barney , does this 20€ compressor really do the job?
Yes he did, it takes some time but it works fine. The best is to use a cordless screwdriver to refresh the hole in the tire, better than using the awl. You should try it if we see us, tasting wildboar sausage
IMG_1071.jpg
IMG_1067.jpgIMG_1068.jpgIMG_1066.jpg

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Of course not. I agree with you.
A trick I did learn whilst with my third puncture in two days, (Old tyres) on the Skeleton Coast of Namibia. A South African guy who was an aircraft technician stopped to help me and ply me with beer. 🍺. Was to put a ratchet strap around the circumference of the tyre and tighten before trying to pump up. This helps to seat the tyre onto the bead if the compressor doesn’t pump fast enough. And of course some tyre soap or washing liquid around the bead. That was a good learning experience and a good laugh. I had one spare wheel and rim plus another spare tyre. First attempt was try the Top Gear trick of using lighter fuel to inflate the tyre😳. Well a long story short but no lighter fuel so used too much petrol and split the tyre in half 😂😂. Too much beer in that instance.

Back
Top Bottom