The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Show us your newest toy!

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:38 AM
Reaction score
Santa thought that my iphone was no longer suitably protected. So today I found a gift under the Christmas tree with beautiful content.
My protective case yesterday and now for tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_2242.jpg
    IMG_2242.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 27

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:38 PM
Reaction score
I was starting to wonder what I missed when I see people posting christmas presents.
It is 5.40am Christmas day here and I am having a coffee and waiting for my children and grandchildren to wake up so we can open presents.
I just remembered that many countries celebrate on Christmas eve not Christmas day like us.

Reactions: Max

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Somehow it's a nice idea to be chatting with you right now, while one person's presents have already been unwrapped for a few hours, ours are being unwrapped right now and others will be unwrapped in a few hours. We are sitting together with our families and on the side we are chatting here in the big Grenadier family. Merry Christmas to all of you in the world!

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Cycling is my big passion outside of work. And although I’ve ridden a couple of e-bikes and found them great, they are not my thing.

oh yes now you’re talking. Is it a GT Zasker .

Yes a GT Zasker if I remember rightly it’s 1992 or 1993 frame.

It cost me around £2000 to build it 30yrs ago but a factory built one was a worse spec and about £2500.

I took it to a big bike shop a few years ago and the young lads who worked there all gathered round to look and then pointed to the stairs. There was a very similar one hanging up on the wall like it was an heirloom antique 😂

I love the Pace front forks with their huge 36mm of travel !!!!

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Where was that found?

It wasn’t found. They are bronze watches so they age and get an anodised patina to them.

Some people can’t wait so they put them in bags with all manner of crap and let them soak for a few days to speed the process up.

The owner of that one may have left it to long. It is reversible and they tend to just clean the main crap off and then just wear them.

When they are left to tastefully oxidise gracefully then they are quite nice

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hello Max,

I respect your view of firearms, but I don't share it.

Weapons are not evil or bad per se. Even a kitchen knife can be a weapon, it just depends on what you do with it: You can use it to cut a loaf of bread or slit anyone's throat. But that does not make the knife evil.

In the countries I know, the possession of firearms is subject to strict conditions. Those who want to buy and own them must first prove their need, and then go through a meticulous background check where all the stains on their vest come out on the table: Traffic violations? Alcohol-related offenses? Criminal record? Conspicuous in the municipality? Aggressive behavior? Health problems? Mental health problems?

And "Need" is precisely defined here: Hunters, sport shooters or professional reasons (such as transporting money).

This check is repeated cyclically, and if something is not in order, you have to hand in your firearms and your permit to possess them is revoked.

Legal possession of firearms is therefore nothing less than a testimonial of reliability for the owner (!).

Of course, a firearm is not a "toy" in the literal sense. But in the context of this thread, which is adult-generated, and which explicitly uses the word "toy" in the opening post in the way that, for example, a car, boat, or bushwhacker is also referred to as a "man's toy" (and a "woman's toy" for all I care), it should be clear to everyone what is meant. And if you call this a family forum (what has a 70-80'000 $/€/£ item to do with kids btw.?), I think it's the parents who have to guide their kids through the shallows of the Internet, not us. On the contrary, such a topic offers a good opportunity to reflect on the role of firearms and the responsibility that goes with it. Making things invisible for kids is the dumbest thing one can do when they still exist.

Everyone is free to have his/her own opinion and to express it. But the verdict that there went something wrong, just because it runs counter to one's personal view, I find bold. Tolerance is something that can be demanded not only from meat eaters, car drivers and sport shooters, but just as well from vegans, pedestrians and pacifists (and that's exactly how I mean it, it's not meant to be a mockery).

If it is really so bad to endure other views and claims, then the option remains to disregard the posts or thread in question.

I think we should all be able to put up with other people's points of view and still continue to have fun together ;-)
With respect, I did not make a view of weapons…Which I also respect

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
9:38 PM
Reaction score
I got a drone. Well a picture of one. My wife said it wouldn't make sense to pack it as we are interstate for Xmas.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:38 PM
Reaction score
Not that's a genuinely Grenadier compatible accessory with a shared design philosophy. 👌

Back
Top Bottom