The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Show us your newest toy!

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:49 AM
Reaction score
Christmas present from my wife - a second bike for gravel roads/trails and camping (but isn't that what the Grenny is for?)

View attachment 7798610
Yes, I think so too. Gravel roads and uneven paths are not good for the skeleton.
I would rather take the Gernadier.
But you can get yourself 2 wheels, then you can ride relaxed on the terrace while you have your eyes on the Grenadier.;)

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Look out Painter and all those for a family forum show us you guns… sorry guys totally wrong especially in OZ
Not needed on this forum…I respect choice but some choice is badly made on a topic of show us your newest toys.

Do you want to see all my guns and how I kill?…emax sorry it went wrong

Last edited:

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:49 AM
Reaction score
My new toy is the D-splicer for practicing splicing of dyneema winch ropes and making soft shackles. But for anyone thinking of buying one. Don’t bother, a bit of bent fencing wire or a welding rod would suffice
Enforced time off work for the last few weeks is leading to boredom and practicing knots and splicing 😬🤣
208C6C23-048C-4BE6-9637-19BD0E2BB3CC.jpeg

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:49 AM
Reaction score
We're not allowed them we have to punch people inst
The 686 is a sporting revolver. - not really intended to protect.
However - I know the history in UK and elsewhere. - Again this is a topic of ideology and politics.
No matter. A firearm by itself is nothing but " sometimes shiny" steel , (Quoted from Steve Lee I like Guns),
wood and eventually polymer.
Most people see guns only in TV, and think it is sometimes magic or yes used to shoot at humans.
This is what press reports, certain gun control promoters are try to plant in human brain - etc.
However - it is a personal decision. - A gun does only what the person that controls the trigger is commanding.
So, as long as, a person is sane, no criminal record, knows how to handle a firearm, put it in a safe storage when unattended - there should be no problem with any firearm.
And - indeed - I never thought about firearms in relation to self protection. - It was always fun, exactness, speed (e.g when clay shooting), body motion control and of course acquisition of food and pest control such as racoons.
Denial of firearms to citizen by a government is mostly about control. Only a dictatorship denies general possession of firearms. So called democratic governments that deny firearms are an illusion of demo - crazy but in reality.

However, I was wondering myself why your comment on punching people - is it that unsafe where you live?
In past 40 years 2 times I got a knife pointed at me. - The first person was sent to concrete immediately .. the second gave up by contact with a large Walther torch on his wrist.
In July 1994 I was in Dillons Book Store on High Street Kensington while in front of Israeli Embassy almost next door a car bomb detonated. (No gun could help there)
Just went off as fast as I could and went to a pub (The Kings Head in Bayswater) and had a decent pint to settle down my mind.
In 1996 in Salt Lake I was refueling my car at an AM/PM gas station .. Some guy tried to relief me from my Visa card by wielding some gun at me. The operator .. however resolved this with a Baseball bat.. The guy fled. Don't you dare attacking my customers. Shit happens. In all cases the problem was resolved within seconds. The adrenaline lasted a bit longer.

Perhaps this is some gadget you would like..
up to 50,000 mW nice n'warm at the point. Class 3A
This is something I put in my emergency kit.
Torch.jpg

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The 686 is a sporting revolver. - not really intended to protect.
However - I know the history in UK and elsewhere. - Again this is a topic of ideology and politics.
No matter. A firearm by itself is nothing but " sometimes shiny" steel , (Quoted from Steve Lee I like Guns),
wood and eventually polymer.
Most people see guns only in TV, and think it is sometimes magic or yes used to shoot at humans.
This is what press reports, certain gun control promoters are try to plant in human brain - etc.
However - it is a personal decision. - A gun does only what the person that controls the trigger is commanding.
So, as long as, a person is sane, no criminal record, knows how to handle a firearm, put it in a safe storage when unattended - there should be no problem with any firearm.
And - indeed - I never thought about firearms in relation to self protection. - It was always fun, exactness, speed (e.g when clay shooting), body motion control and of course acquisition of food and pest control such as racoons.
Denial of firearms to citizen by a government is mostly about control. Only a dictatorship denies general possession of firearms. So called democratic governments that deny firearms are an illusion of demo - crazy but in reality.

However, I was wondering myself why your comment on punching people - is it that unsafe where you live?
In past 40 years 2 times I got a knife pointed at me. - The first person was sent to concrete immediately .. the second gave up by contact with a large Walther torch on his wrist.
In July 1994 I was in Dillons Book Store on High Street Kensington while in front of Israeli Embassy almost next door a car bomb detonated. (No gun could help there)
Just went off as fast as I could and went to a pub (The Kings Head in Bayswater) and had a decent pint to settle down my mind.
In 1996 in Salt Lake I was refueling my car at an AM/PM gas station .. Some guy tried to relief me from my Visa card by wielding some gun at me. The operator .. however resolved this with a Baseball bat.. The guy fled. Don't you dare attacking my customers. Shit happens. In all cases the problem was resolved within seconds. The adrenaline lasted a bit longer.

Perhaps this is some gadget you would like..
up to 50,000 mW nice n'warm at the point. Class 3A
This is something I put in my emergency kit.
View attachment 7798630
I took V8,s comment as a joke 🤔

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
9:49 AM
Reaction score
Look out Painter and all those for a family forum show us you guns… sorry guys totally wrong especially in OZ
Not needed on this forum…I respect choice but some choice is badly made on a topic of show us your newest toys.

Do you want to see all my guns and how I kill?…emax sorry it went wrong
Hello Max,

I respect your view of firearms, but I don't share it.

Weapons are not evil or bad per se. Even a kitchen knife can be a weapon, it just depends on what you do with it: You can use it to cut a loaf of bread or slit anyone's throat. But that does not make the knife evil.

In the countries I know, the possession of firearms is subject to strict conditions. Those who want to buy and own them must first prove their need, and then go through a meticulous background check where all the stains on their vest come out on the table: Traffic violations? Alcohol-related offenses? Criminal record? Conspicuous in the municipality? Aggressive behavior? Health problems? Mental health problems?

And "Need" is precisely defined here: Hunters, sport shooters or professional reasons (such as transporting money).

This check is repeated cyclically, and if something is not in order, you have to hand in your firearms and your permit to possess them is revoked.

Legal possession of firearms is therefore nothing less than a testimonial of reliability for the owner (!).

Of course, a firearm is not a "toy" in the literal sense. But in the context of this thread, which is adult-generated, and which explicitly uses the word "toy" in the opening post in the way that, for example, a car, boat, or bushwhacker is also referred to as a "man's toy" (and a "woman's toy" for all I care), it should be clear to everyone what is meant. And if you call this a family forum (what has a 70-80'000 $/€/£ item to do with kids btw.?), I think it's the parents who have to guide their kids through the shallows of the Internet, not us. On the contrary, such a topic offers a good opportunity to reflect on the role of firearms and the responsibility that goes with it. Making things invisible for kids is the dumbest thing one can do when they still exist.

Everyone is free to have his/her own opinion and to express it. But the verdict that there went something wrong, just because it runs counter to one's personal view, I find bold. Tolerance is something that can be demanded not only from meat eaters, car drivers and sport shooters, but just as well from vegans, pedestrians and pacifists (and that's exactly how I mean it, it's not meant to be a mockery).

If it is really so bad to endure other views and claims, then the option remains to disregard the posts or thread in question.

I think we should all be able to put up with other people's points of view and still continue to have fun together ;-)

Last edited:

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I know I can simply not read this thread anymore, but I’d prefer it not break down into a pro-gun/anti-gun thing (polite, respectful, and mature as it is thus far). It’s a rabbit hole that will get away from the spirit of the OP.

Having said that, no new toys of late, but tomorrow is Christmas so hopefully Santa is good to me! But I’m confident it would be a bitch to get a Grenadier down a chimney.

side note - nice grouping @Largo Winch

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Maybe .. I received the impression of frustration instead. The problem of written conversation. No voice no emotional signal may result in different perception.
I was going to post the new sound moderator i finally bought for my Tikka T3 .30-06 deer rifle, but perhaps ill leave it :ROFLMAO:

Eniffer

Commercial Account
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
Reaction score
I'm glad to hear it! It's nice that there are more people like that.
Cycling is my big passion outside of work. And although I’ve ridden a couple of e-bikes and found them great, they are not my thing.
Nah that’s not old Skool, this is old skool.

Well I think it’s an antique now.

It still has the brackets on for the old centre pull brakes 😂
oh yes now you’re talking. Is it a GT Zasker .

Back
Top Bottom