The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Show us your newest toy!

MarkH

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
4:54 AM
Reaction score
Front runner 3/4 roof rack
Looks smick. 👍 Are the Frontrunner brackets clamped near the outside edge of the gutter, or do they distribute weight closer to the body? A photo would be great if you get a chance.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
1. Front runner 3/4 roof rack with a bunch of wolf pack pros, brackets (adjustable, universal, light bar, shovel, axe, high lift jack, gas bottle, single and double 20L fuel jerrycans), typhoon bag, transit bag, aluminium ladder

2. Black Sheep Innovations MOLLE panels on both sides

3. Ultrared Outdoors 270 degree no pole batwing/canopy (12sqm coverage)

Coming up:
- Aftermarket alloy wheels
- Canvas seat covers
- Lighting
- CTEK d250se (on black sheep panel)

View attachment 7817966
You didn’t go with the Black Sheep roof rack systems hey? Not ready yet or another reason?

Wayneos

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
1. Front runner 3/4 roof rack with a bunch of wolf pack pros, brackets (adjustable, universal, light bar, shovel, axe, high lift jack, gas bottle, single and double 20L fuel jerrycans), typhoon bag, transit bag, aluminium ladder

2. Black Sheep Innovations MOLLE panels on both sides

3. Ultrared Outdoors 270 degree no pole batwing/canopy (12sqm coverage)

Coming up:
- Aftermarket alloy wheels
- Canvas seat covers
- Lighting
- CTEK d250se (on black sheep panel)

View attachment 7817966
That looks ready for business! Those 285/70’s fit perfect too.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:54 PM
Reaction score
In order to feel closer to our international community, I treated myself to a new METRIC tape measure. I ordered it online though - would be embarrassed to be seen in public with one. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
8:54 PM
Reaction score
In order to feel closer to our international community, I treated myself to a new METRIC tape measure. I ordered it online though - would be embarrassed to be seen in public with one. 🤣🤣🤣🤣
If you ever decide to come out of the closet, be sure we all stand with you. And you know, it does feel good to use the decimal system on values that can actually be divided by 10.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If you ever decide to come out of the closet, be sure we all stand with you. And you know, it does feel good to use the decimal system on values that can actually be divided by 10.
Compromise: buy a 10M tape from Aldi : Metric along one edge and Imperial along the other. Then the import of the expression "3/5 of 5/8 of SFA" becomes abundantly clear...and it can't easily be divided by 10!🤓

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:54 PM
Reaction score
I have to admit, it looks really strange. Certainly makes total sense - the entire metric system does - but for 40-odd years my tape measures have always been standard.

My go to is a fantastic DeWalt standard and I have an old school, pre fat-max Stanley. The metric one is a Milwaukee unit and it seems up to the task.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score

Fab

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Reactions: PBD

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:54 PM
Reaction score
Seems a bargain compared to this 😳
Yes, I like the Wera stuff but can't see me getting my value out of that. If the description is correct and that's certified to 1/4 % then there's the cost right there (or a big typo!).

Mine is only to 4%, but as I'm unlikely to be using them ten times a day, or getting them recalibrated annually then I can live with the difference.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, I like the Wera stuff but can't see me getting my value out of that. If the description is correct and that's certified to 1/4 % then there's the cost right there (or a big typo!).

Mine is only to 4%, but as I'm unlikely to be using them ten times a day, or getting them recalibrated annually then I can live with the difference.
Yes seems strange to use fraction and percentage Typo maybe or really 0.25% accuracy 👍🏼

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
That would be some accuracy, maybe required for building satellites for space but not required for trim fasteners on a Grenadier. 😁

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes seems strange to use fraction and percentage Typo maybe or really 0.25% accuracy 👍🏼
In my dads car shop - the most exact torque were Facom. so somewhat 1% and for 1-5Nm and the larger ones for cylinder head and wheels were 3% whilst most cheap stuff was 4% or worse. The price of these tools is corresponding. - I posess only one made by Proxxon Industrial for Wheelrims calibrated to 3%. What is sufficient for my purpose.

Back
Top Bottom