The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Show us your newest toy!

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:03 AM
Reaction score
So tell me, with the Opinel’s - carbon or stainless and why?
For me it’s always stainless because I’m in a marine environment most of the time but I can get a better edge on the carbon steel versions. I have a lovely set of stainless (Global) Japanese kitchen knives but struggle to get a good edge on them but give me a victorinox kitchen knife or pen knife and I can sharpen good enough to shave with.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:03 AM
Reaction score
For me it’s always stainless because I’m in a marine environment most of the time but I can get a better edge on the carbon steel versions. I have a lovely set of stainless (Global) Japanese kitchen knives but struggle to get a good edge on them but give me a victorinox kitchen knife or pen knife and I can sharpen good enough to shave with.
A ceramic "steel" will yield an excellent edge on Global Japanese knives... provided the sharpening "angle of attack" is 15 deg. It's difficult to maintain the 15 deg...
I leave the shaving to the Gillette blade... but the Global blade is excellent for vegetables!!

ADVer

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:03 PM
Reaction score
How do you like it?
Really like it. Like the saying, more fun to drive a slow car fast than driving a fast car slow, in this case it’s driving a slow motorcycle slow, i.e. its a very fun low speed cruiser to get you exploring the backcountry at a relaxing pace. Tractor like performance, that you don’t have to worry about dropping and then being able to pick up, unlike a big adventure bike, different application requiring a different mindset.

Local time
4:03 PM
Reaction score
Really like it. Like the saying, more fun to drive a slow car fast than driving a fast car slow, in this case it’s driving a slow motorcycle slow, i.e. its a very fun low speed cruiser to get you exploring the backcountry at a relaxing pace. Tractor like performance, that you don’t have to worry about dropping and then being able to pick up, unlike a big adventure bike, different application requiring a different mindset.
I love that kind of motorcycling. I think it’s gotten lost these day. Grew up with the Trial 70 and have a Monkey now, but really like that Trail. Perfect strapped to a Grenadier. :)

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:03 PM
Reaction score
I’ve ridden mountain bikes since the 80’s, BMX from even earlier, and I still ride both! Off-road I only ride 4.8-5” tires but I have a couple new school bikes for flatland & skate parks.

Ineos content: my fat bike would clash with Eldoret Blue :(

IMG_3524.jpeg
IMG_3341.jpeg

Pfk

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
3:03 AM
Reaction score
Have you fitted it out yet and who makes the trailer?
Work in progress, should be ready by end of the summer to use for the good winter months ahead here.
Currently fitting:
- renogy inverter
- water filter
- quick pitch water heater
- 10w worklights around the body
- brake controller
- Anderson and 7 pin euro connection
- custom rooftop basket for
- softshell overland RTT
- companion 60L fridge
The trailer is made by icon auto in dubai
They have 2 models they build the Ajax and the voyager, the one I purchased was an Ajax.
Www.icon-auto.com

Will post the completed build by September hopefully!

AMan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:03 AM
Reaction score
1. Front runner 3/4 roof rack with a bunch of wolf pack pros, brackets (adjustable, universal, light bar, shovel, axe, high lift jack, gas bottle, single and double 20L fuel jerrycans), typhoon bag, transit bag, aluminium ladder

2. Black Sheep Innovations MOLLE panels on both sides

3. Ultrared Outdoors 270 degree no pole batwing/canopy (12sqm coverage)

Coming up:
- Aftermarket alloy wheels
- Canvas seat covers
- Lighting
- CTEK d250se (on black sheep panel)

E09ACB38-213F-48B2-A1B8-78DE2B802FA1.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom